• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW BT Cup 6

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to admit I'm a little confused as to why we've gone with a random group system - it's as though we're taking a backwards step. Three teams in Group D could comfortably win Group A, Group C, Group F and Group G, whilst being genuine contenders in Group B and Group E.

Count me out.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
not being part of the other cups, may i ask a silly question. How are the finals going to be played?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Have to admit I'm a little confused as to why we've gone with a random group system - it's as though we're taking a backwards step. Three teams in Group D could comfortably win Group A, Group C, Group F and Group G, whilst being genuine contenders in Group B and Group E.

Count me out.
Good to see a man taking a stand.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain

Count me out.
Only a bit of fun mate!

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Well I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time! I'd have prefered a seeded group system myself, but went with the majority view. DCYE, I don't see why you're having a dig mate, I thought you were in the non-seeding camp?

Rob's withdrawal and Alex's and Raghav's entry means that groups A and D now look like this.

Group A:
Tawonga Tigers, Four Pillars and Poor Fillers, Citizens Erased, Got Spin, Vindscreen Vipers

Group D:
Dalmeny Cricket Club, Lancashire, Suryadevara 11888, Victoria Panthers, Res 4

Raghav and Mike, if you're both free, by all means get your game on now if you'd like.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't remember alligning myself with either previous to that. Was just against the way you did the seedings, as CW BT Cup seedings have always been based mainly upon previous performances (in which I beat PY against the odds to qualify for the 2nd round a few cups ago, then came out of another tough group last cup by beating Chaulk to qualify for the 2nd round as well).

I've no real chance of qualifying for the next round now with the group I've got so it doesn't bother me either way. GG though.

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
What's GG? Sorry if I've upset people with how I've tried to go about things, the last thing I wanted to do was wade in and **** up something which was working perfectly well. Just didn't seem as though there were many people prepared to take it on.

headhunter

What's GG? Sorry if I've upset people with how I've tried to go about things, the last thing I wanted to do was wade in and **** up something which was working perfectly well. Just didn't seem as though there were many people prepared to take it on.
You can only do so much and id say this is taking up alot of your time.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time! I'd have prefered a seeded group system myself, but went with the majority view. DCYE, I don't see why you're having a dig mate, I thought you were in the non-seeding camp?

Rob's withdrawal and Alex's and Raghav's entry means that groups A and D now look like this.

Group A:
Tawonga Tigers, Four Pillars and Poor Fillers, Citizens Erased, Got Spin, Vindscreen Vipers

Group D:

Raghav and Mike, if you're both free, by all means get your game on now if you'd like.

Wouldn't worry about Robertinho, someone else would be moaning if it were seeded.

The problem with groups of 5 as I mentioned earlier is that they'll take 5 weeks to complete because someone is left out each week. Groups of 4 are completed in 3 weeks. So you'll either have to contrive something with the groups of 5 or stick with all groups of 4.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
If we somehow had three new entries then I could conceivably add a Group H, but the down side of that would be that only three second place teams would qualify, which is getting a bit tough! Otherwise we'll have to struggle by on some groups of five, which was why I'm trying to get at least some games out of the way just in case.

I'm thinking of closing the books to new entries on Monday, as by then we'll have to start getting fixtures on. But the games I've already posted can go ahead fine this weekend, as late entries will either be the fifth team in a group, or will form their own group, which shouldn't effect the fixtures as they stand.

Raghav

I am sorry. I have already got another fixture this sunday. hope I start the game against Mike next week.

Raghav

Group A:

Group D:

My team name is just Suryadevara and the ID is 11888

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Hi, any of these fixtures can go ahead either this weekend or next, and will be unaffected by late entries/withdrawals. If you already have friendlies arranged for Sunday, then don't worry about it, but obviously it would make sense to try and get as many games as possible out of the way as soon as possible. If you could stick a quick post up here to say whether the games on or not then that'd be a big help.

Group A:
Tawonga Tigers v Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
Citizens Erased V Got Spin,

Group B:
Tamil Eelam CC V College Dropouts
Clapo XI V Pup,

Group C:
Jamees 999ers V oz fans xi
Best Indies V Caves_beachCC,

Group D:
Dalmeny Cricket Club V Lancashire

Group E:
Dynamo Morpork V Magical Ponies
Central Districts V Zebras,

Group F:
Kipper XI V Viveash,
Cymru Gurgitaters V Jaffna Jets,

Group G:
Male Models V Alternative XI,
The Heath CC V Sad Decadent XI

Don't want to create problems, but was just wondering if we could play this at Sad Decadent XI's ground to maximise attendance? Being a newbie, I have no realistic hope of winning any games, but would like to make some much-needed money, even if it is only a matter of a few thousand £'s more...

If changing home grounds is going to complicate things though, that's fine!

headhunter

Don't want to create problems, but was just wondering if we could play this at Sad Decadent XI's ground to maximise attendance? Being a newbie, I have no realistic hope of winning any games, but would like to make some much-needed money, even if it is only a matter of a few thousand £'s more...

If changing home grounds is going to complicate things though, that's fine!
I am lead to believe friendlies are split 50/50 so chances are if you a newbie(like me) you will make more money by playing it away.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes it's split 50/50, but playing at the venue of the team with more members etc. will get a bigger attendance.