Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: CW BT Cup 6

a certain person says: (someones opinion)

that a certain team smashed Smith's 2nd placed league opponent when there team was at full strength and Smith got smashed by 8 wickets by them how does that justify that seeding?
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Can you ask him how many 2nd rounds his made in cup please, pretty please....
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Ohhhh, tough group that 1, Tozzer and I will be fighting for last place it seems (H)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Can you ask him how many 2nd rounds his made in cup please, pretty please....
    i said i wasn't playing mr postman anymore. dont want to get in trouble myself.

off to bed, sick as a dog and a early meeting in the morning enjoy guys, and i predict i will come last in my group

Anyway as Adam said there is no real need for seeding if your going to take the top four out of the competition. Really if you good enough you will be able to beat the other sides in your group. Basically the seeding become meaningless just give teams an easier draw, when there is no real need for it.

Also you still got guys like Rob, in the draw who haven't signed up. But then no Pete who won the cup a couple seasons back. Really should just wait a bit longer before making any draws. There still a fair few active BT players who haven't signed up yet.

U19 Vice-Captain
    The only point in seeding the groups was to try and keep them all roughly of the same standard, thereby, in theory at least, giving everyone the same chance of qualification. From the knock-out stage it's entirely random anyway.

Man alive! I'm beginning to realise how it must feel to be Rodgie now!:-) This is entirely my own opinion, and I'm perfectly happy for someone else to take it on if I've got it all arse-backwards - Like I say, I don't have the experience of the previous CW Cups, and I don't want to storm in and start taking over your competition.

I also didn't rig the seedings to offend anyone or give anyone an advantage, it's how I see the relative strength of the teams, perhaps some are seeded above their ability because they're better self-publicists on the BT thread? However I do believe that past results isn't necessarily the way forward either, as morale and TFL mean that teams' potential fluctuate wildly between one season and the next.

But at least I've got you all out of the woodwork, it's been dead lately!

Off to find my hard hat! Trev

Cricket Web Content Updater alternative's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Ohhhh, tough group that 1, Tozzer and I will be fighting for last place it seems (H)
    Like i have a chance.
    Member of the AAAS
    Member of CW Green | Stedingham Jets Grade Cricket Team | Northside Power

Manager of South Australia (WCC)

Winner of AFL Tipping 2006 | Winner of Wimbeldon Prediction 2006

U19 Vice-Captain
    ****, forgot PY, he'll be in won't he? Guess he's still in the Cup? As a Div I side, I guess he's got a claim to be an A seed? Might have to jig things about a bit.

The 4 current A seeds are still all better than Boggles.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I think seeding would be a bit too hard. It'd be best to just go with random groups. It can be assumed that anyone left in the cup would be a pretty gun team, so if we start before they're out, they can get byes till they're out.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Yeah I totally agree Scaly. Guess it depends how he's going in the Cup. If he's going to be tied up for a while then I was thinking of him becoming an A Seed in addition to the other four, rather than instead of. This would mean something like the worst performing second place side from the groups being knocked out. If he's able to start in the groups then I'd just re-jig the B seedings

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    I'll play
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by trevor_vayro View Post
    Yeah I totally agree Scaly. Guess it depends how he's going in the Cup. If he's going to be tied up for a while then I was thinking of him becoming an A Seed in addition to the other four, rather than instead of. This would mean something like the worst performing second place side from the groups being knocked out. If he's able to start in the groups then I'd just re-jig the B seedings
    His still in the cup and got a D3 side this week, so he should win.

PY
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    The 4 current A seeds are still all better than Boggles.
    Haha, I knew you'd put the boot in (fairly).

I'm in when I lose in the cup which could be 2/3 weeks time.

My ratings last game on TIE were:

Code:
    		Boggles
    Top Order: 	superb
    Middle Order: 	respectable
    Lower Order: 	worthless
    Seam Bowling: 	superb
    Spin Bowling: 	superb
    Fielding: 	woeful
    Bowling goes up a level in both on a normal.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

PY
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    His still in the cup and got a D3 side this week, so he should win.
    Should steam them as they're prof all round.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information