• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW BT Cup 6

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
this is my last go at this, as I'm off to the dentists shortly, my phone's knackered, my wife's not talking to me, and generally I've had a gut's full
Of today!

Seven groups, Top place qualifies automatically, with the five A seeds, and the four best second place teams.
A Seeds: (Automatically through to the last 16)
1. Adam
2. Scaly
3. Nibbs
4. Mahindinho
5. PY

B Seeds: (1 per group, highest meets lowest C Seeds)
1. Nooga99
2. Superkingdiv
3. Samuel_Vimes
4. Brynovo
5. Robertinho
6. Gotspin
7. Trevor_vayro
C Seeds: (1 per Group, highest meets loweest B seeds)
1. Agent TBY
2. Jamee999
3. Andy
4. Cricketboy
5. Chaminda_00
6. Dontcloseyoureyes
7. Rodgie
Group A:
Nooga99, Rodgie, Bobisback, Jungle Jumbo,

Group B:
Superkingdiv, Dontcloseyoureyes, Bugsy, NZTailender

Group C:
Samuel_Vimes, Chaminda_00, Clapo, Alternative

Group D:
Brynovo, Cricketboy, New-Age_ar, Cameeel

Group E:
Robertinho, Andy, MikeW, Spitfires_Fan

Group F:
Gotspin, Jamee999, Oz_Fan, Male Models

Group G:
Trevor_vayro, Agent TBY, New1, New2

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
a certain person says: (someones opinion)

that a certain team smashed Smith's 2nd placed league opponent when there team was at full strength and Smith got smashed by 8 wickets by them how does that justify that seeding?
My PFL was drained at the time, so that might explain it....

Bobisback

International Regular
Dont think Rodgie should be in this, was going to post it in my first post, but assumed everyone would say no. Also, if the best teams arent playing, i think that the groups should be completely random, there isnt too much between the unseeded people and the B seeds.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You do realise Trev that Rodgie yet to win a game in the cup and has come dead last in both his groups. Mike beat him in the last cup and he doesn't get seeded. Surely you can't seed someone who yet to win a single game, when there have made it past the first round i.e Bobisback and Cameel.

Also i don't think Got Spin got a great record in the cup, not sure if his even made it past the first round.

Really your never going to get the seeding right and accurate, so you might as well make it random. The side below the top sides are way too close to separate or rank.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
The definitive list of groups, or I quit:-) Drawn randomly by popular request, though while some will be OTM,
Some that made the most noise about seedings will be sick as parrots. Watch out for groups D, E and F, the original groups of Death! While Group seven looks like Sad Decadent XI's for the taking, as does Group C for Janees 999ers! College Dropouts should boss group B, but won't have it entirely their own way, while Group A is totally up for grabs.

Group A:
Tawonga Tigers, Four Pillars and Poor Fillers, Citizens Erased, Got Spin, Res1

Group B:
Tamil Eelam CC, College Dropouts, Clapo XI, Pup, Res2

Group C:
Jamees 999ers, oz fans xi, Best Indies, Caves_beached, Res3

Group D:
Dalmeny Cricket Club, Lancashire, Anchormen, Victoria Panthers, Res 4

Group E:
Dynamo Morpork, Magical Ponies, Central Districts, Zebras, Res5

Group F:
Kipper XI, Viveash, Cymru Gurgitaters, Jaffna Jets, Res6

Group G:
Male Models, Alternative XI, The Heath CC, Sad Decadent XI, Res7

33 places, with room for up to another seven before we have to start worrying about prelims. A Seeds qualify for the knock-out stage automatically, along with the seven group winners and four best second-placed sides. In groups which contain five teams, when calculating second spot qualification, the result against the bottom side in the group will be disregarded.

I hope this pleases everyone? Now let's get the cricket on for **** sake!!!

PY

International Coach
Looks good, cheers Trev.

Not sure I deserve a A seed but I'll take it because it allows me to play in the cup at all, due to the BT Cup if this is kicking off pretty soon.

Group D is graphic.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Nice to see a few groups of death!

I'm still in the cup, and think I'll even scrape through to the next round (although I'm really suffering with poor confidence and an unbalanced team right now).

Thanks for counting me in already, guys. I don't know how I've managed to miss this thread!

Team: Withington Wonderers
Div: England II.1
User: Mahindinho

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually I was being a bit dense earlier about groups of 5, groups of 5 would need more than 4 weeks because it's an odd number... so anyway multiple groups of 4 are better, they can start week after next if needs be - would still get it all in in time before the BT20 starts.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
^^AWTA, i haven't played any of the teams in my group though, so perhaps an upset win is possible

Last edited: