• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW BT Cup 6

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems Trev want to run it, so you can go for it. But if you were going to have seeding base them on past cup results, as much as rating etc. A tad unfair on teams who qualified for the last two knockout rounds i.e DCYE to not be seeded. Also there no point in putting people in the cup who haven't registered i.e Rob and Marc.
i have registered, and how would rodgie play if he is banned still....

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Right, is everyone happy now? Dontcloseyoureyes replaces Mark as a C Seed. Rodgie should consider himself lucky to be in at all, considering I've flown in the face of popular opinion to include him in the first place!

the last 16)
1. Adam
2. Scaly
3. Nibbs
4. Mahindinho

B Seeds: (1 per group, highest meets lowest C Seeds)
1. Nooga99
2. Superkingdiv
3. Samuel_Vimes
4. Brynovo
5. Robertinho
6. Trevor_vayro

C Seeds: (1 per Group, highest meets loweest B seeds)
1. Agent TBY
2. Jamee999
3. Andy
4. Cricketboy
5. Chaminda_00
6. Dontcloseyoureyes

Group A:
Nooga99, Dontcloseyoureyes, Bobisback, Jungle Jumbo, Earlobe

Group B:
Superkingdiv, Chaminda_00, Bugsy, NZTailender

Group C:
Samuel_Vimes, Cricketboy, Clapo, Alternative

Group D:
Brynovo, Andy, New-Age_ar, Cameeel

Group E:
Robertinho, Jamee999, MikeW, Spitfires_Fan

Group F:
Trevor_vayro, Agent TBY, Oz_Fan, Rodgie

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The only real need for seeding is to prevent two or more of the stronger teams (i.e. teams with a chance of winning it, which is only four or five) drawing each other in the same group, which would effectively prevent any other teams in that group progressing. I don't see why it's necessary to seed every team, or even more than the top half dozen or so. Doesn't bother me if the entire draw is random, it's not going to disadvantage the higher seeds either way.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
a certain person says: (someones opinion)

that a certain team smashed Smith's 2nd placed league opponent when there team was at full strength and Smith got smashed by 8 wickets by them how does that justify that seeding?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Can you ask him how many 2nd rounds his made in cup please, pretty please....
i said i wasn't playing mr postman anymore. dont want to get in trouble myself.

off to bed, sick as a dog and a early meeting in the morning enjoy guys, and i predict i will come last in my group

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway as Adam said there is no real need for seeding if your going to take the top four out of the competition. Really if you good enough you will be able to beat the other sides in your group. Basically the seeding become meaningless just give teams an easier draw, when there is no real need for it.

Also you still got guys like Rob, in the draw who haven't signed up. But then no Pete who won the cup a couple seasons back. Really should just wait a bit longer before making any draws. There still a fair few active BT players who haven't signed up yet.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
The only point in seeding the groups was to try and keep them all roughly of the same standard, thereby, in theory at least, giving everyone the same chance of qualification. From the knock-out stage it's entirely random anyway.

Man alive! I'm beginning to realise how it must feel to be Rodgie now!:-) This is entirely my own opinion, and I'm perfectly happy for someone else to take it on if I've got it all arse-backwards - Like I say, I don't have the experience of the previous CW Cups, and I don't want to storm in and start taking over your competition.

I also didn't rig the seedings to offend anyone or give anyone an advantage, it's how I see the relative strength of the teams, perhaps some are seeded above their ability because they're better self-publicists on the BT thread? However I do believe that past results isn't necessarily the way forward either, as morale and TFL mean that teams' potential fluctuate wildly between one season and the next.

But at least I've got you all out of the woodwork, it's been dead lately!

Off to find my hard hat! Trev

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
****, forgot PY, he'll be in won't he? Guess he's still in the Cup? As a Div I side, I guess he's got a claim to be an A seed? Might have to jig things about a bit.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think seeding would be a bit too hard. It'd be best to just go with random groups. It can be assumed that anyone left in the cup would be a pretty gun team, so if we start before they're out, they can get byes till they're out.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah I totally agree Scaly. Guess it depends how he's going in the Cup. If he's going to be tied up for a while then I was thinking of him becoming an A Seed in addition to the other four, rather than instead of. This would mean something like the worst performing second place side from the groups being knocked out. If he's able to start in the groups then I'd just re-jig the B seedings

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I totally agree Scaly. Guess it depends how he's going in the Cup. If he's going to be tied up for a while then I was thinking of him becoming an A Seed in addition to the other four, rather than instead of. This would mean something like the worst performing second place side from the groups being knocked out. If he's able to start in the groups then I'd just re-jig the B seedings
His still in the cup and got a D3 side this week, so he should win.

PY

International Coach
The 4 current A seeds are still all better than Boggles.
Haha, I knew you'd put the boot in (fairly). :laugh:

I'm in when I lose in the cup which could be 2/3 weeks time.

My ratings last game on TIE were:

Code:
		Boggles
Top Order: 	superb
Middle Order: 	respectable
Lower Order: 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	superb
Spin Bowling: 	superb
Fielding: 	woeful
Bowling goes up a level in both on a normal.