Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CW BT Cup 6

include me mate
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Pretty cut to be seeded behind Jamee, Tharmi, Marc and Gaurav. I'd say my side's better than most those guys. Marc also left the forums, by the way, I daresay he won't be participating.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

U19 Vice-Captain
    Like I say, the seedings aren't infallible, and are largely based on my impressions from reading the BT thread, rather than any technical Batstats gubbins. But the way to get your own back is to make a monkey of me, and qualify from your group against the betting. Though I do concede that your group, along with Group C, are the groups of death!

Group B:
    Superkingdiv, Chaminda_00, Dontcloseyoureyes, NZTailender

Group C:
    Samuel_Vimes, Cricketboy, Clapo, Alternative

Still, should make for some cracking matches!

Tharmi, I tried to avoid any system involving a preliminary playoff, just to make sure that the newer guys got a fair few matches. But in order to do that we'd have to start fairly soon, hence why I gave the A Seeds a bye. Plus, unless any of them have a burning desire for us to stall things and wait for them to finish their Cup runs, I don't really see the point. They're all going to qualify anyway, and removing them from the group stages just means that the groups will be even more hard-fought and exciting.

Bugsy, providing there's enough support for this format, consider yourself in Group A, whether that's instead of or as well as Mark I'll have to find out. Male Models? Are they real? *If so, you'll be in Group B.

At the moment I've got 30 teams entered, with the capacity for another 10, that should be enough shouldn't it? BTW, does anyone know if Paddy's still playing? And there's also the Backinator and Gotspin? Anyone else think of any other regulars not mentioned? Is Rob still on the scene? I know he had computer issues.

Tar, Trev
    Last edited by trevor_vayro; 26-06-2007 at 05:36 AM.

I've had to qualify "against the betting" in the last two cups, and done it. Don't see why I'd have to do it again. Pretty ****house if you ask me, but you know, do whatever the **** you want.

a certain person tells me that he beat chaminda_00 so he should be in grade c, and that marc is no longer on the forums so someone needs to replace him.
    Last edited by bugssy; 26-06-2007 at 05:45 AM.

Personally I want the CW BT cup to finish the same real life week as the league does, so it doesn't hurt PFLs for the BT20 like last time.

The last 16 knockout stage would take up 4 of the 9 rounds available, the group and prelims the rest, if the groups are started next week then we can have groups of 5 with the top 2 going through (and maybe the odd best 3rd place). Trouble is that means we'd need prelims sorted for this week unless we somehow got 40 or less entries.

And of course the highups are still in the cup anyway, tho I might be out this week.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 26-06-2007 at 05:46 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    We haven't gotten a full complement of teams yet so lets just ease up and not get ahead of ourselves, hey?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    It seems Trev want to run it, so you can go for it. But if you were going to have seeding base them on past cup results, as much as rating etc. A tad unfair on teams who qualified for the last two knockout rounds i.e DCYE to not be seeded. Also there no point in putting people in the cup who haven't registered i.e Rob and Marc.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

If Rodgie replaces Marc on the basis that he beat Tharmi (I bowled Tharmi out for 50-odd, and beat Marc) I'm withdrawing.

this isgoing to be sensational

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    It seems Trev want to run it, so you can go for it. But if you were going to have seeding base them on past cup results, as much as rating etc. A tad unfair on teams who qualified for the last two knockout rounds i.e DCYE to not be seeded. Also there no point in putting people in the cup who haven't registered i.e Rob and Marc.
    i have registered, and how would rodgie play if he is banned still....

U19 Vice-Captain
    Right, is everyone happy now? Dontcloseyoureyes replaces Mark as a C Seed. Rodgie should consider himself lucky to be in at all, considering I've flown in the face of popular opinion to include him in the first place!

the last 16)
    1. Adam
    2. Scaly
    3. Nibbs
    4. Mahindinho

B Seeds: (1 per group, highest meets lowest C Seeds)
    1. Nooga99
    2. Superkingdiv
    3. Samuel_Vimes
    4. Brynovo
    5. Robertinho
    6. Trevor_vayro

C Seeds: (1 per Group, highest meets loweest B seeds)
    1. Agent TBY
    2. Jamee999
    3. Andy
    4. Cricketboy
    5. Chaminda_00
    6. Dontcloseyoureyes

Group A:
    Nooga99, Dontcloseyoureyes, Bobisback, Jungle Jumbo, Earlobe

Group B:
    Superkingdiv, Chaminda_00, Bugsy, NZTailender

Group C:
    Samuel_Vimes, Cricketboy, Clapo, Alternative

Group D:
    Brynovo, Andy, New-Age_ar, Cameeel

Group E:
    Robertinho, Jamee999, MikeW, Spitfires_Fan

Group F:
    Trevor_vayro, Agent TBY, Oz_Fan, Rodgie

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy View Post
    i have registered, and how would rodgie play if he is banned still....
    He still reads the fourm and he can be BT mailed with fixtures and stuff.

Haha, Dwyer again. Should be an easy win (H)

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    The only real need for seeding is to prevent two or more of the stronger teams (i.e. teams with a chance of winning it, which is only four or five) drawing each other in the same group, which would effectively prevent any other teams in that group progressing. I don't see why it's necessary to seed every team, or even more than the top half dozen or so. Doesn't bother me if the entire draw is random, it's not going to disadvantage the higher seeds either way.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information