Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CW BT Cup 6

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    Team Name: Victoria Panthers
    BT Username: mike1990

Someone fill me in on whats happenned to Rodgie.
    Patrick Ryder- What a gun http://youtube.com/watch?v=MW1VCwJJEII

Baby Bombers are back....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeW View Post
    Team Name: Victoria Panthers
    BT Username: mike1990

Someone fill me in on whats happenned to Rodgie.
    Got banned for six months pretty much cause he ****ed everyone off. Still reads the forums, mind you (hi there Rodgie).
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    Cheers.

State Vice-Captain Spitfires_Fan's Avatar
    Team Name: The Heath CC
    Team ID: 3940
    BT Username: TP21

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Yeah

Lancashire
    superkingdav

Team Name: oz fans xi
    Team ID: 6232
    Manager: oz_fan
    Member of CW Black
    Goalkeeper for the Northside Power
    NZI Manager in WCC

U19 Vice-Captain
    Team: Cymru Gurgitaters (3688)
    Username: trevor_vayro

Couldn't disagree more strongly with the sentiments which have so far been expressed Re: Rodgie.
    A. I don't accept the legitimacy of his ban, or at the very least the draconian and disproportionate length of his ban. This amounts to a popularity contest, and whilst he could get up my nose as much as the next person, neither I or any of you have the right to affectively expunge him from the face of the earth. Do you want to be a part of the kind'a community where unpopular opinions are sat upon and their authors persecuted? It's not for me!
    B. This whole sorry passage has demonstrated to me that, whilst Rodgie undoubtedly has a lot of growing up to do, he's by far the only member. Setting aside for one moment the transgressions for which he's ostensibly being punished, the reason why matters came to a head, that his ban is so long, and was implemented to such all-round approval, is simply because a few people couldn't take criticism of their imaginary cricket teams from a sixteen year old kid. If you ask me, that says more about them than Rodgie!
    C. Whilst the CW Cup is so called, it is, to the best of my knowledge, in no way sanctioned or sponsored by CW - Therefore the argument that only current CW members can participate holds no water whatsoever. I wonder whether the same rigid criteria would be applied if Hoggy31 or Xuhabe wished to join? - Neither of whom have posted for a year or so, and therefore. couldn't be classed as current members in any meaningful sense.
    D. When running any kind of sports competition it always helps to have as many participants as possible, as it gives you so many more options with regards to formats etc. Therefore we should be grateful of anyone who wants to join.

I'm painfully aware that this is my first CW Cup, and as such I have little or no right to lecture the rest of you, but this whole Rodgie business has been getting under my skin for a while now. I know how you all feel, he isn't exactly my cup of tea either, but this is just mob rule and bullying!

On a more practical note, would it make sense if we were to give the people still in the cup, i.e. Scaly, Adam, Nibbs, Mahindinho etc, a bye through to the second stage of the competition, A, because they're almost certainly going to reach it in any case, and B, so we could draw up groups and get cracking this weekend.

Later, Trevor, Nationwide, Vayro (Proud to be different!)

U19 12th Man
    Team Name: College Dropouts (1001)
    BT Username: brenoevo

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by trevor_vayro View Post
    On a more practical note, would it make sense if we were to give the people still in the cup, i.e. Scaly, Adam, Nibbs, Mahindinho etc, a bye through to the second stage of the competition, A, because they're almost certainly going to reach it in any case, and B, so we could draw up groups and get cracking this weekend.

Agreed. I've got another 2 weeks of cup cricket to go. Whoa yeah
    "Matt Damon"

International Regular cricketboy29's Avatar
    I'll have a piece 'a that.

Sad Decadent XI
    cricketboy29
    Member of CW RED

Queensland-Season 7 OD Champions

Currently Managing: NSW

Rahul Dravid: A Real Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    damn mods are more agressive then the teacher's in school that i have'
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDominance
    *Sigh* what's the dev league got itself into.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_vayro View Post
    Team: Cymru Gurgitaters (3688)
    Username: trevor_vayro

Couldn't disagree more strongly with the sentiments which have so far been expressed Re: Rodgie.
    A. I don't accept the legitimacy of his ban, or at the very least the draconian and disproportionate length of his ban. This amounts to a popularity contest, and whilst he could get up my nose as much as the next person, neither I or any of you have the right to affectively expunge him from the face of the earth. Do you want to be a part of the kind'a community where unpopular opinions are sat upon and their authors persecuted? It's not for me!
    B. This whole sorry passage has demonstrated to me that, whilst Rodgie undoubtedly has a lot of growing up to do, he's by far the only member. Setting aside for one moment the transgressions for which he's ostensibly being punished, the reason why matters came to a head, that his ban is so long, and was implemented to such all-round approval, is simply because a few people couldn't take criticism of their imaginary cricket teams from a sixteen year old kid. If you ask me, that says more about them than Rodgie!
    C. Whilst the CW Cup is so called, it is, to the best of my knowledge, in no way sanctioned or sponsored by CW - Therefore the argument that only current CW members can participate holds no water whatsoever. I wonder whether the same rigid criteria would be applied if Hoggy31 or Xuhabe wished to join? - Neither of whom have posted for a year or so, and therefore. couldn't be classed as current members in any meaningful sense.
    D. When running any kind of sports competition it always helps to have as many participants as possible, as it gives you so many more options with regards to formats etc. Therefore we should be grateful of anyone who wants to join.

I'm painfully aware that this is my first CW Cup, and as such I have little or no right to lecture the rest of you, but this whole Rodgie business has been getting under my skin for a while now. I know how you all feel, he isn't exactly my cup of tea either, but this is just mob rule and bullying!

You need to be aware though that there is a lot to this forum beyond the BT thread, and frankly I would be surprised if anything he posted in the BT thread contributed significantly to his banning. There were worse incidents in other parts of the forum that I am aware of, though I'm not aware of any specific incident that resulted in the eventual six-month ban. I do agree though that the length of the ban in relation to whatever offences he may have committed seems needlessly excessive; it just seems a bit immature banning someone from an internet forum for six months.

Also, that 'detrimental to forum atmosphere' rule that was introduced (relatively) recently (and I imagine was invoked in Rodgie's ban) reads like something out of the PATRIOT Act, and seems to be just a convenient device for banning people who haven't done anything specifically against forum rules. Anyway, I don't exactly miss the guy myself but I can see what you're saying, and it's not the first time I've had cause to disagree with moderation policies around here.

Have no problem personally with allowing Rodgie to participate in this - he can't even post, so I don't see why anyone could possibly care. Good to see you (finally!) participating as well, BTW.

I'll confirm my place when I'm out of the cup or if this 'bye' idea gains currency.

State 12th Man
    Team Name: Male Models
    Team ID: 648
    Username: EARLOBE

team name : caves_beachcc
    team id: 5102

bugssy

caves_beachcc (5102)
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

U19 Vice-Captain
    Try this on for size then. Obviously there is a degree of subjectivity to the seedings, but I tried to be as impartial as possible. The other two teams in each group were allocated on a first come first serve basis, depending on the order in which they posted an interest. Two will qualify from each group, giving 12, plus the four A Seeds, giving a straight 16 random knock-out - Which you'll just have to trust me to draw! If anyone has alternative structures then please do post them, but if people are broadly happy with this, then I'm happy to take it on, though some help would be appreciated.

Later Trev.

A Seeds: (Automatically through to the last 16)
    1. Adam
    2. Scaly
    3. Nibbs
    4. Mahindinho

B Seeds: (1 per group, highest meets lowest C Seeds)
    1. Nooga99
    2. Superkingdiv
    3. Samuel_Vimes
    4. Brynovo
    5. Robertinho
    6. Trevor_vayro

C Seeds: (1 per Group, highest meets loweest B seeds)
    1. Agent TBY
    2. Jamee999
    3. Andy
    4. Cricketboy
    5. Chaminda_00
    6. Mark

Group A:
    Nooga99, Mark, Bobisback, Jungle Jumbo

Group B:
    Superkingdiv, Chaminda_00, Dontcloseyoureyes, NZTailender

Group C:
    Samuel_Vimes, Cricketboy, Clapo, Alternative

Group D:
    Brynovo, Andy, New-Age_ar, Cameeel

Group E:
    Robertinho, Jamee999, MikeW, Spitfires_Fan

Group F:
    Trevor_vayro, Agent TBY, Oz_Fan, Rodgie

New participants, (up to another 12), will be added one per group, starting with Group A, up until 7:00 PM on the Thursday proceeding the first round of fixtures, i.e. this Thurs, if this plan gets the go-ahead.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    There will probably be 48 teams sign up, last season we had 40 teams. There no need to make people rush to sign up, as one key aspect of BT is that you can log on once a week and your side runs fine.

With the guys who are still in the cup, i don't see a need personally to start for atleast two weeks. This week for sign ups, next week for playoff if there is too many teams. I would be surprised if any sides are still in the cup by then TBH.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information