• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Youth Academy

CricketFanAA

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hello,

I don't know whether to invest money into ITS, or just buy trainees? Investing I think, could be more rewarding, but it could up more expensive and is more risky. Buying trainees I think is the safer option, though could be more expensive also.

Money wise, I have a 8850 seater stadium and for today's game received £39157 in gate receipts.

I also currently have two trainees;

Code:
Toby Brough - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,871
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: 	woeful 	Wicket Keeping: 	worthless
Batting: 	respectable 	Concentration: 	mediocre
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	woeful

Chris Toney - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,250
RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
A destructive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: 	feeble 	Wicket Keeping: 	abysmal
Batting: 	respectable 	Concentration: 	mediocre
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	worthless
Fielding: 	worthless
Who are both on 2xbatting, 1xstamina each.

So I guess the question is: Youth Academy. Worth it? Or not.

Also with only 523 members, a 8850 stadium is big enough right? (5000 standing, 2800 uncovered, 770 covered, 280 members)

Last edited:
While setting up your team I think it is a better option to buy trainees. But in your case it now looks like you have long term trainees, this therefore gives you the option of investing in your YA to earn profits etc. I think it is a worthwhile for you to start it just for the money you can get out of it.

Any more questions ask away!?

CricketFanAA

Cheers, guess I'll set it up.

Might put 20k into it until the end of season, lets me use them up at the start of next season, after everyone ages.

I like the look of my trainee's, today's match;

Toney - 111* (97)
Brough - 82(97)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd just leave it til early next season and make a decision then. The academy repairs are instantaneous and you can do as many as you like in one go, so you don't need to do any til you're about to put some ITS into someone.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah and you'd be wasting your money because that 17 yr old would have aged to 18 with little or no training.

Dr_Brad

Banned
Hello,

I don't know whether to invest money into ITS, or just buy trainees? Investing I think, could be more rewarding, but it could up more expensive and is more risky. Buying trainees I think is the safer option, though could be more expensive also.
I just look for a good bargain on the transfer market train him up sell him for double the money i paid,invest that money in ITS:) so far so good i think i've got 53? ITS and i'm not gunna use them all yet just keep investing $8000 till i've got plenty of ITS and make 2 good players (Y)

CricketFanAA

Yep, was a good decision IMO in the end.

Got two decent players;

Derek Akona (1344100)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

Stu Dean (1274209)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Both have popped here are there. Full ITS :)

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
its my first season on Batrick and i am 1st in the OD and 2ed in the FC, with finaces of £400,000 at the moment.i am putting £4000 a week into the YA and at the current time a have 10 pts.

my main prioaty is to get a kepper who can bat. how many points should I save up and where should I spend them, and also should I increase the money I am putting in.