• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Cup 5

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Wait. You think a group with Pup as third seed is more competitive than a group with Roar CC?

I mean, it's frickin' Moodley! He could skittle out Adam's team and cause an upset!
IMO Group B is probably the group of death. Dynamo and Ponies would be the favorities in that group, but both Clapo and Bobisback are starting to get pretty good and could pull off an upset.

TBH i can't see either Mike or Justin beating Lancashire. Also i don't think Andy got the depth to beat you or Adam, i think you'll score too many runs against his other bowlers and his batsmen outside Hitish will struggle against your bowling attacks.

The other group that looks interesting is Group C, both Alex and Gaurav have got some good players and if they have a good day could knock off Dalmeny CC. If also have the potential to lose to Boulevard Bombers if they have an off day, who not that bad himself.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
top order x 3 + middle order x 4 + lower order x 4 + seam x 4 + spin + fielding.

If spin=useless, use seam x 5. It's a bit stupid in that a level of lower order batting is regarded as more important than a level of top order batting, or the same as middle order and seam, but meh.
66 :laugh:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to the cup, might rest some players for my qualifier as i have a big league match next week.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy enough with my group, should be looking to come second, though you never know. Just a side note, my net's been messing up recently so could anyone who's playing me please challenge me, regardless of home games? I can get onto Battrick at school easily enough, but CW isn't as easy. I don't imagine it'll be like this for long though, so hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.

Johnners

Happy enough with my group, should be looking to come second, though you never know. Just a side note, my net's been messing up recently so could anyone who's playing me please challenge me, regardless of home games? I can get onto Battrick at school easily enough, but CW isn't as easy. I don't imagine it'll be like this for long though, so hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.
tbh i'll only challenge you if you rest canning :ph34r:

:p

andyc

Just to double check, those who aren't playing qualifiers can organise friendlies this week, right?

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Looking forward to the cup, might rest some players for my qualifier as i have a big league match next week.
Challenged, i hope you stay true to resting a few players, cus i don't think i could handle getting rolled for under 10 and your scoring 500 plus.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
  • Qualifier 1: Brakenhurst vs Drunk XI
  • Qualifier 2: Zebras vs Comets
  • Qualifier 3: Henry's Dream vs Tawonga Tigers - Confirmed
  • Qualifier 4: Halsey's Sloggers vs Beard XI
  • Qualifier 5: Tamil Eelam CC vs Victoria Panthers - Confirmed
  • Qualifier 6: Alternative XI vs Saggers Mob - Challenged

Two games confirmed so far hopefully by tomorrow all away teams have been challenged.

Cloete

International Captain
IMO Group B is probably the group of death. Dynamo and Ponies would be the favorities in that group, but both Clapo and Bobisback are starting to get pretty good and could pull off an upset.

TBH i can't see either Mike or Justin beating Lancashire. Also i don't think Andy got the depth to beat you or Adam, i think you'll score too many runs against his other bowlers and his batsmen outside Hitish will struggle against your bowling attacks.

The other group that looks interesting is Group C, both Alex and Gaurav have got some good players and if they have a good day could knock off Dalmeny CC. If also have the potential to lose to Boulevard Bombers if they have an off day, who not that bad himself.
Will be interesting. I think I'm a bit better than you give me credit for though ;)

But in saying that, I don't think Hitish's fitness will be at anywhere near a decent level, particularly with him playing for the Under 19's as well every now and then. So it could end up like the last cup for me, resting alot of my players or playing them with really low fitness.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
  • Qualifier 1: Brakenhurst vs Drunk XI
  • Qualifier 2: Zebras vs Comets - Confirmed
  • Qualifier 3: Henry's Dream vs Tawonga Tigers - Confirmed
  • Qualifier 4: Halsey's Sloggers vs Beard XI - Challenged by Away Team
  • Qualifier 5: Tamil Eelam CC vs Victoria Panthers - Confirmed
  • Qualifier 6: Alternative XI vs Saggers Mob - Confirmed

Ok 4 out 6 teams so far, just need Halsey to accept Beard XI's challenge. Not sure what is going on with the first match, i guess Patrick's limited internet access is playing a part. If possible Paddy could you challenge Brakenhurst.