• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Cup 5

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Not too fussed about having to qualify, how many qualifying rounds are there?

Ahhh draw Lancashire again and Whenuapai very very tough but something you can expect being one of the lowest seeded teams. Honestly nothing against Marc but how did he get a second seed Smith is better than him and did not?

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Hopefully i can pull off a win or two, i am seeking a revenge with quite a few teams this time around.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Dalmeny, always going to be a tough match. However, I think that other two teams and I are quite fairly matched.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly nothing against Marc but how did he get a second seed Smith is better than him and did not?
Have you seen Marc's cup record and his a lot better then you think. Apart from SP his side got the best secoondaries out of CW teams and the primaries are pretty good. A few sides are catching up to him due to their trainees finding their feet, but his still better then a lot of sides. Two seasons ago he was rated as being in the top 8 sides on CW, by Adam in his cup seedings. His still in the top 16, which ever way you look at it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have you seen Marc's cup record and his a lot better then you think. Apart from SP his side got the best secoondaries out of CW teams and the primaries are pretty good. A few sides are catching up to him due to their trainees finding their feet, but his still better then a lot of sides. Two seasons ago he was rated as being in the top 8 sides on CW, by Adam in his cup seedings. His still in the top 16, which ever way you look at it.
In terms of match summary ratings he's probably outside the top 16 CW teams, tho that's probably down to his morale. Your team would probably beat him for instance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Most teams would beat me to be honest - I've had the busy work period since Xmas or so, so haven't really had time to sort my side out.

I have however got a trainee coming on that will eventually give my side a pretty good boost...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I thought I might as well announce the qualifying group match ups before i get ready for work. The teams listed first are the home teams. But if both managers agree to change the venue of the match they can e.g for more money or better viewing times.

• Qualifier 1: Brakenhurst vs Drunk XI
  • Qualifier 2: Zebras vs Comets
  • Qualifier 3: Henry's Dream vs Tawonga Tigers
  • Qualifier 4: Halsey's Sloggers vs Beard XI
  • Qualifier 5: Tamil Eelam CC vs Victoria Panthers
  • Qualifier 6: Alternative XI vs Saggers Mob

The winners of each match will progress into their respective allocated groups i.e Qualifier 1 into Group H. In the event of a tie the team with the least wicket loss progress, or the winner of the toss.

nibbs

International Captain
hmm, the prospect of Victoria Panthers joining Group G will certainly make for interesting proceedings. Obviously first place is pretty clear cut :happy:, but the battle for second is going to be hott.

Group G - The Group of Death