• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Cup 5

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
But there's more middle order batsmen (1-3) than top order batsmen (4-7[?]), aren't there? So it'd make sense to give that more weighting.
I thinks its do with the fact that most people put their best batsmen at the top of order, not many people mix and match their batting order like you.

PY

International Coach
But there's more middle order batsmen (4-7) than top order batsmen (1-3), aren't there? So it'd make sense to give that more weighting.
But that gives equal weighting to someone who is at 7 compared to someone who opens the batting which surely doesn't make sense either because a lot of teams often don't get down to 7 when batting. Even the lower order batsmen have more influence on the rating than the top.

I just think that when it comes to BT batting, the top three are way more important than the middle four a lot of the time and way more than the lower order. However, of course people like yourself and myself and several others who've spread batting out mess things up. No formula is ever going to be perfect

I've edited your post to make sense now too. :p

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
alot of off topic in this thread

considering one of the 'global moderators' is one of the chief culprits, i somehow doubt anyone will go down for this crime. this is certainly against the community spirit, thats for sure.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
considering one of the 'global moderators' is one of the chief culprits, i somehow doubt anyone will go down for this crime. this is certainly against the community spirit, thats for sure.
:cool:

It is relevant to the thread title anyway because the seeding for the CW BT Cup 5 is to be decided by using some statistical analysis which needs ascertaining. :p

But thanks for the thoughts on community spirit, it's good to know you care. :)

I took pity on you Cameron.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'll take the blame for taking this thread off topic, but its not that big of a deal. Looking at PY's formula i would give Top order a waiting of 4 not 5, as it should be on par with the middle not more really. The main problem with the formula is the lower order waiting which should be only be 2 IMO, as its important to have a No 8 and maybe No 9 who can bat, but the rest don't really matter too much.

For those who are worried about this thread going more Off Topic, i'll bring it back on Topic when i release the fixtures and groups on Sunday/Monday.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1. Jaffna Jets (chaminda_00)
2. Citizens Erased (Sriram)
3. Sad Decadent XI - cricketboy29 (Gaurav)
4. Tawonga Tigers, geg, NZTailender
5. Victoria Panthers- mike1990
6. Central Districts (dcye)
7. Alternative XI - Alternative (Manju)
8. Beard XI - Dead_Badger
9. Boggles - PEY
10. Bobisback - bobisback
11. Magical Ponies - andyc
12. VCC - Kweek
13. Dynamo Morpork - Sam_Vimes
14. Scaly Piscine CC
15. Viveash - ashchaulk
16. Henry's Dream - FaaipDeOiad
17. Saggers Mob - pasag
18. Withington Wonderers - Mahindinho
19. Jamees 999ers - Jamee999
20. Vindscreen VIpers - AlexCrampton
21. AA for President! - marc71178
22. Pup - AussieDominance
23. Whenuapai CC - nibbs
24. Halsey's Sloggers - Halsey
25. Kipper XI - Cameeel
26. Zebras - Jungle Jumbo (Jungle_Jumbo)
27. Brakenhurst - Nnanden
28. Roar CC - Cloete
29. Dalmeny Cricket Club- Nooga_99
30. GoT_SpIn - GoT_SpIn
31. Drunk XI - Leg-slip
32. College Dropouts - brenoevo
33. Clapo's XI - Clapo
34. Asterix XI - Adamc
35. Boulevard Bombers - roseboy64
36. Comets - cometer
37. Tamil Eelam CC - thamba

So far we have 37, would mind one more atleast to make the plate comp have even sides and no byes. Have i missed anyone?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It will be disappointing not having Rob in the cup after all the effort he made in the last couple cups. I've done the groups guys would you like me to announce them now or tommorrow?

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Stuff it might as well announce it...

Code:
[U]Group A[/U]
Scaly Piscine CC	
Jamees 999ers	
Jaffna Jets	
Qualifier 3
Code:
[U]Group B[/U]
Dynamo Morpork 	
Magical Ponies	
Bobisback	
Clapo's XI
Code:
[U]Group C[/U]	
Dalmeny Cricket Club	
Vindscreen VIpers	
Sad Decadent XI	
Boulevard Bombers
Code:
[U]Group D[/U]	
College Dropouts	
VCC	
Kipper XI	
Qualifier 2
Code:
[U]Group E[/U]	
Asterix XI	
Citizens Erased	
Roar CC	
Qualifier 4
Code:
[U]Group F[/U]	
Boggles	
AA for President!	
GoT_SpIn	
Qualifier 6
Code:
[U]Group G[/U]	
Whenuapai CC	
Lancashire	
Pup	
Qualifier 5
Code:
[U]Group H[/U]	
Withington Wonderers	
Viveash	
Central Districts	
Qualifier 1
Code:
[U]Qualifiers[/U]
Alternative XI
Beard XI
Brakenhurst
Comets
Drunk XI
Halsey's Sloggers
Henry's Dream
Saggers Mob
Tamil Eelam CC
Tawonga Tigers
Victoria Panthers
Zebras
The qualifiers will be announced on Monday, sorry to a few of the sides that have to qualify like Panthers and Zebras, but its pretty close around the lower-middle sides.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It would get too messy, with teams making it through cus they had one or two more easy beats, or one team forgot to challenge.Also the teams that miss out through qualifying will get a plate comp anyway.

EDIT: Only 38 teams not 40 anyway

Last edited: