• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Cup 5

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah, i miscalculated, got 90 this time, will be interesting to see if it goes up any as i'm playing GFI on friday

nibbs

International Captain
batstats is pretty unreliable. the side who is leadering my division has the 7th best batstats rating. did i mention that they're unbeaten and 12 point clear? so keep that in mind ffs

Scaly piscine

batstats is pretty unreliable. the side who is leadering my division has the 7th best batstats rating. did i mention that they're unbeaten and 12 point clear? so keep that in mind ffs
Bloody hell how are you and the others letting that shower lead the division?

nibbs

International Captain
Bloody hell how are you and the others letting that shower lead the division?
I TIEd him and was beaten by 2 runs amid a chaotic BT collapse which included a 3 wicket maiden in the final over. As for the rest, I don't know. I don't get it... I just don't get it. It shouldn't be happening, and it had better change sooner or later. He only needs to win another 6 matches to be absolutely sure of the title,

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
im kinda confused, can some do my team?

These are my ratings.

Victoria Panthers
Top Order: superb
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: competent
Spin Bowling: proficient
Fielding: woeful

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm not sure how to do it either, so any help would be appreciated.

Tawonga Tigers
Top Order: mediocre
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: feeble
Spin Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

I'm guessing about 65?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Worthless is 1, right? If it is then mine's 110 on a TIE (which doesn't seem right). If worthless is 0 then it's a 91. After this weeks pops (and hopefully next weeks), that will improve by a bit.

Anyway, in case I did it wrong, here's my ratings.
Code:
Central Districts
competent
mediocre
abysmal
respectable
proficient
feeble

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
107 on TIE but that formula is rubbish.

Surely it would make more sense to do it:

5 x top order
4 x middle order
3 x lower end
no of seamers x seam rating
no of spinners x spin rating
fielding

As I have two spinners on prof rating, that should get more points than one spinner to get prof and 4 seamers to get resp? Obviously, it doesn't matter for mine as spin and seam are the same but for others, they may not be.

With that new one, I get 40 + 28 + 6 + (3*8) + (2*8) + 4 = 118.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The only reason for the number of seam/spin bowlers not being taken into account is that BT doesn't allow page scraping so there's no easy means of working out how many of each bowler type there are (other than by checking manually, which for several thousand teams would take quite a while). The batting ratings aren't weighted because it involves subjective judgements which raptornex seems to be wary of.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just a note that BatStats will be used only if i can't decide between two teams. Most of pots/seedings will be based on past cup performances and recent results against CW sides.

We got 36 teams whick is enough for a 4 team plate group, but i would still like 4 more teams. So we can have eight sides so those teams get a decent comp if they get knocked out.

Also that means that Adam has a spot for sure as all teams not involved in qualifers will have a bye next week.

andyc

107 on TIE but that formula is rubbish.

Surely it would make more sense to do it:

5 x top order
4 x middle order

3 x lower end
no of seamers x seam rating
no of spinners x spin rating
fielding

As I have two spinners on prof rating, that should get more points than one spinner to get prof and 4 seamers to get resp? Obviously, it doesn't matter for mine as spin and seam are the same but for others, they may not be.

With that new one, I get 40 + 28 + 6 + (3*8) + (2*8) + 4 = 118.
But there's more middle order batsmen (4-7) than top order batsmen (1-3), aren't there? So it'd make sense to give that more weighting.

Last edited by a moderator: