• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT Cup 5

Cloete

International Captain
Code:
And that's the end of the match. Citizens Erased won by 9 wickets.
Roar CC	85-10
Citizens Erased	88-1
Didn't give Moodley a chance to bowl.

Also, I was watching Andy's game on MultiView. What a game.
Yeah, price you pay when you cbf changing the orders. Had all my batsmen on very attacking etc. Low fitness and stuff. Oh well.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting start to my match against Jamee, looks like he rested his two best batsmen. So i probably should be doing better. With Kealy also an all rounder, their 2nd best bowler. It should make things interesting in the chase. Still expect Bardle to clean us up, so we need to roll them under 150 to have a chance really.

End of Over 24: 95-2, runrate=3.96
Sisk 7-0-26-1
Aldred* 31 (54 balls)
Fillery 46 (67 balls)
I didn't play Kealey and Warnock, my two main trainees.

cameeel

International Captain
Group D

Kipper XI (cameeel) v VCC (kweek) @ Trentington Oval

Kipper XI: 4-261

Dove 81
Attwood 52
Brown 48*

Wotton 2-52
Badley 1-52

VCC: 158 (41.2)

Kemp 37
Osman 29
Nosworth 22

Byron 3-26
Davies 3-33
Chambers 2-19

Result: Kipper XI win by 103 runs

MotM: Dove (81)

Big collapse from VCC after being 2-110, so an easy first up win for Kipper. 261 was a disappointing score given only 4 wickets were lost, and I'll need more runs than that to beat College Dropouts.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm confident against most teams with 200-220 on the board.
End of Over 48: 193-10, runrate=4.02
Muralitharan 8-1-35-2
Wanless* 9 (15 balls)

Can't see us chasing that down. Oh well it should interesting to see if Lucas time in Div III England has paid off. I've been told his scored hundred against similar bowlers to Bardle. Also will be interesting to see how good Clayton really is. Expecting to get rolled for 150 odd.

Pretty happy with the bowling performaces of my boys, last time we played Jamee he got 230 odd. So it looks like they are improving nicely. Jeithoon got a 5-fer.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, with all the upsets lately I think I need to redress the balance by engaging in a bit of minnow-bashing. Sorry Badger.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, with all the upsets lately I think I need to redress the balance by engaging in a bit of minnow-bashing. Sorry Badger.
What upsets both Kipper and Central Districts were close to getting 2nd seedings. If Chris beat Andy, then yes they would have been an upset, but the other two matches weren't really upsets.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Was referring mainly to RL cricket, and Smith's game as he posted directly above, haven't looked at the other results. Wasn't expecting my comment to be subject to analysis tbh.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
No worries just a bit nevous with Bardle bowling:

End of Over 3: 14-1, runrate=4.67, reqrunrate=3.83 (193-10)
Bardle 2-0-3-1
Lucas* 5 (4 balls)
Obeysekera 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Clayton c. Fillery b. Bardle 9 (FOW: 14/1)

One down...

Bobisback

International Regular
Im kinda disappointed i lost, i had him 4 down early, and couldnt finish the job. Solid effort from my batters to score 288 on a cracked pitch, but Poke was the only bowler who could do anything. Canning made the difference really, 2 wickets and 135 runs. Ratings show that i should have lost, so im not that upset:

Code:
Reporter's Summary
		bobisback 	Magical Ponies
Top Order: 	strong 		competent
Middle Order: 	mediocre 	proficient
Lower Order: 	worthless 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	competent 	strong
Spin Bowling: 	proficient 	proficient
Fielding: 	woeful 		woeful
MOTM: Canning
Well, this does give me some confidence coming into the next couple of matches, hopefully can beat Clapo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Your luck in BT Cups sickens me. :dry:
[/bitter mode]

Very similar to our game in terms of scores though! Congrats, a good win. :)
Yeah, I saw I accidently played a worthless bowler instead of my usual Pryde and was sure I'd lose. Hodge managed to rip out his top order and Sambrook finished the tail, so it didn't cost me too much. I daresay though, if Stevens bowled his 10 overs through I think he'd have got Dylan or Munroe and effectively ended the match.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
You want to be wary of my competent seam rating. Oh yes, you read that right: competent, baby.

Erm, just don't hurt my players, alright?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bardle just finished his spell:

End of Over 19: 91-2, runrate=4.79, reqrunrate=3.32 (193-10)
Bardle 10-1-32-2
Quintin* 25 (30 balls)
Lucas 40 (47 balls)

Last Wicket: Obeysekera c. Ndah b. Bardle 15 (FOW: 44/2)

Got two of my best batsmen in now and my best to come, so im looking pretty good. I think the rest of his bowlers resp and proficient.

EDIT: Hmm Game on...

21.1 W Broomes to Lucas
Attempts the cut but the ball is lower than Lucas anticipated and he only succeeds in chopping it onto his own stumps! Bowled him, albeit with some assistance!

21.4 W Broomes to Allison
Sweeps...in the air...Ndah is underneath it...taken at the second attempt by the fielder.

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haha what a start, lol

0.1 W Hirst to Bullivant
Bowled him! All over the shop. An attempted drive but he missed it and he's gone.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Want a boring match? Follow Tamil Eelam v The Comets.

That Hector chap just keeps blocking 5 balls every over.

EDIT: Lol, he gets out as soon as I type this.