• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup 4 - Plate Championships

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Alright guys i'll start a new thread of the Plate, so it doesn't get lost in the main cup thread.

I've decided to play a group format, so everyone gets three games. With the group format we have 2 groups of 4. Each team will play each once and then the winner of each group will play in the final. Becuase it only goes for 4 weeks, it will be finished by the last week of the league.

We can play a knockout if everyone really wants. It not a big deal either way. It just means that the first round of fixtures is the QFs.

Anyway here are the groups:

Group A
Pup
Boggles
Viveash
Victoria Panthers

Group B
Sad Decadent
Bobisback
Jaffna Jets
Wrights Warriors

Here are the fixtures for Round One:

Pup v Viveash
Victoria Panthers v Boggles

Bobisback v Jaffna Jets
Sad Decadent v Wrights Warriors

So everyone start challenging :)

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, so this is where all those lowly peasant teams end up... The Johnstone's Paint Trophy of Battrick.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pup v Viveash - confirmed
Victoria Panthers v Boggles - confirmed
Bobisback v Jaffna Jets - confirmed
Sad Decadent v Wrights Warriors

Just need Kyle to accept his challenge and we are all set for the 1st round.

Playing Chaulk

Dismissed Elvins!

End of Over 10: 55-1, runrate=5.50
Mee 5-0-25-1
Blewitt* 10 (12 balls)
Wainwright 29 (35 balls)

Last Wicket: Elvins c. Jefferson b. Mee 15 (FOW: 40/1)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
End of Over 20: 112-3, runrate=5.60
Sishayi 5-0-33-1
Hiller* 58 (61 balls)
Allison 1 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Maughan st. Clayton b. Sishayi 38 (FOW: 110/3)

Going ok against Dwyer, knocked over two of their gun batsmen, but Hiller batting very well.

Bobisback

International Regular
Classic Collapse

End of Over 45: 242-3, runrate=5.38
End of Over 50: 259-10, runrate=5.18

That is so stupid, dont think i can defend that, though i dont think i could defend the 275-300 i would have got if Hiller and Allison stayed in.