• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup 4 - Plate Championships

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Neverrrr. I don`t want to spoil him completely. :p

Both my openers are getting smacked. Dang.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
Neverrrr. I don`t want to spoil him completely. :p

Both my openers are getting smacked. Dang.
Gallen is my only good player. If he stays in he might lead us to victory, but I'm not holding any hopes for a victory. Runs on the board are better than runs needed. Fletcher playing in only his 2nd game, he's my first youth player. Hopefully he can get some runs.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Man have a slog, having two batsmen set at defensive is really killing me here. I should have backed Ellis' ability and played him at Normal. I'm going to need 10 an over in the last 10 at this rate. :@

End of Over 37: 187-4, runrate=5.05, reqrunrate=9.46 (309-1)
Wainwright 7-0-35-0
Ellis* 58 (85 balls)
Muralitharan 21 (33 balls)

Last Wicket: Ferrier Run Out 2 (FOW: 136/4)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ballard gets Gadden! Oh my goodness, that could be the match right there.

...who do I drop for my fast-bowler? :(

EDIT: Ballard hit for six shortly after. 1/59 off his 10. Game onnnn.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like its game over here both Muralithran and Ellis dismissed, so its Allison and the tail left. Getting competetly out played here by Vivesh, seem to just too good on the day. I will be lucky to get over 250 now.

End of Over 41: 199-6, runrate=4.85, reqrunrate=12.33 (309-1)
Oneil 6-0-40-1
Allison* 5 (3 balls)
Sishayi 1 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Ellis lbw b. Oneil 61 (FOW: 193/6)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ripper of a match. I need to get Simpson, and Hindle is bowling superbly with his left-arm leggies. :cool:

EDIT: Holmes you beautiful man. Easily my best bowler, and at age 20.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The collapse ended too early! Daniel slogging his way to his highest score! C`mon H&H!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Brackenhurst get home! Some insane late hitting, but Hindle was incredible. Can`t believe we won that after their start. Antonius breathes a sigh of relief.

TWO FROM TWO! :thumbsup:

EDIT: 8 run win. Well played Wright, thought you had me a few times. Gallen is a gun. :)

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Went for V.Attacking on every option possible in my game today against Sad Decadent XI. Didn't work I don't think, 270/9 with 4 overs left....unsurprisingly my middle order got skittled. :laugh:

270ao and should be a fun chase. :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
Brackenhurst get home! Some insane late hitting, but Hindle was incredible. Can`t believe we won that after their start. Antonius breathes a sigh of relief.

TWO FROM TWO! :thumbsup:

EDIT: 8 run win. Well played Wright, thought you had me a few times. Gallen is a gun. :)
We were nevver a chance. You had the game won before the toss. Well done. Keep it up.

I will quit battrickif Crampton gets 400:blink: :wacko: :@

End of Over 47: 350-2, runrate=7.45
Colley 9-0-82-0
Carless* 13 (11 balls)
Drummond 93 (86 balls)

Last Wicket: Umar lbw b. Hinshelwood 168 (FOW: 326/2)

Edit : Why did i put it in here lol!

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Vivesh 1/309(50) Elvins 154*(145), Wainwright 103(123), Blewitt 46*(33), Sishayi 1/64(10)

beat

Jaffna Jets 235 All Out Clayton 67(66), Ellis 61(95), Steven 5/47(8.1)

Reporter's Summary
Viveash Jaffna Jets
Top Order: proficient respectable
Middle Order: mediocre competent
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: respectable competent
Spin Bowling: competent mediocre
Fielding: feeble woeful

A bit disappointed we did get closer, but our bowling attack seem to struggle when we come up against a Proficient plus top order. This was Jeithoon worse game by far, 0/76(10), but im sure he'll learn from it.

Batting wise we did ok, but when i've played better sides in the past atleast three of my top five batsmen have made scores, which has kept me a lot of games. Really needed either Quintin, 22(29), or Muralitharan, 23(42), to make a bigger score.

Oh well we didn't smashed that bad, well done to Ash. :)