• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Hi, more orders queries I'm afraid. Playing second in the league Rehtakul Veets CC&FC tomorrow, I'm GFIing, seeing as we don't know when, or even if Twenty20's coming in. I imagine he'll GFI too, as he has an outside chance of winning the title if he can beat me, while Potatoheads in first lose to 4th place, with a NRR swing of around ten points.

My ratings on Sunday, after my defeat last Friday were: Resp/Resp/Abs - Comp/Prof/Woe. His ratings last Friday, (PAN I presume) were: Strong/Med/Abs - Comp/Strong/Feeb.

The thing is, he's got a real curate's egg of a team. He has one ****-hot opening bat/WK, with wages of £20-oddK, top of our league's averages with over a thousand runs and only got out three or four times. Then there's two Profs, one of which could be higher by now I suppose, and the rest Comps or worse. Similarly with his bowling, he has one Gun seamer and one Gun spinner, but the other three are dross. In fact, other than the above-average players I've mentioned, I think that the rest of the crap must have been from his starting squad, as they have very nearly sequential player IDs.

My pitch is Slow, so what I'm thinking of doing is batting first, putting down a target, then attempting to bottle his batting up with defensive bowling.

GURS BATTING.
1. Alton Staveley - Sup/Resp (ATT)
2. Neale Patel - Prof/Resp (Def)
3. Steve Cash - Resp/Strong (V.Def)
4. Doug Greening - Qual/Comp (Att)
5. Jordan Bennett - Prof/Med (Norm)
6. Joe Noon - Prof/Prof (Norm)
7. Anton Carey - Resp/Woe (V.Def)
8/11 (V.Def)

GURS BOWLING:
(B4/5 Finish.)
1. Bewers, Cautious Sup/Resp LM (Def)
2. Edworthy, Steady Resp/Med RFM (V.Def)
3. Bent, Cautious Resp/Feeb RFM (V.Def)
4. Cash, Dest Strong/Comp LHS (Def)
5. Bridges M, Def Sup/Prof RHS (Norm)

Thoughts? Problems? Suggestions? Later, Trev

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I didnt end up getting Field in the end so i guess i'll keep saving until theres an apropriate player on the market for him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mikeW said:
I didnt end up getting Field in the end so i guess i'll keep saving until theres an apropriate player on the market for him.
Not a bad thing, he'd have crippled you financially somewhat next season.

Mister Wright

Off to a fairly good start today. Bowling first we have our opposition 2-24 in the 8th over. Gibson & Daniel have 1 wicket each.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
OMG Gaurav your guy is going for over 2 mil:

Mansukh Ghandi (786681)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Sad Decadent XI
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 12,137
Wages: £984 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Jesus maybe i should put one of my trainee on the market

ash chaulk

International Captain
W Beevers to Fanie
Amazing flight there from Beevers! That ball drifted and dipped in the air before ripping out of the footmarks and taking off stump! Fanie bowled through the gate.

hahahha

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Going pretty ****, though they'll collapse soon enough.

Code:
End of Over 25: 96-2, runrate=3.84
Sambrook	3-1-11-0
Howell*	40 (70 balls)
Crompton	40 (45 balls)
Has anyone else not got their money from the gate takings yet?

mikeW

not looking good

End of Over 29: 155-1, runrate=5.34
Alshaun 5-0-30-0
Drench* 35 (49 balls)
Moketsie 92 (98 balls)

Last Wicket: Soleyn b. Hook 23 (FOW: 42/1)

Need Hook to come on and take some wickets.

mikeW

ash chaulk said:
dont ya just hate that... you wanna bring on a strike bowler to smash a partnership but you cant
yep, would be good if they brang on a new feature where you could choose who you wanted to bowl over by over. But i guess that'd be a bit hard to do.

Mister Wright

I'm in a lot of trouble and it doesn't look good. yet again after a promising start my boys have fallen in a heap.

End of Over 31: 184-2, runrate=5.94
Osborn 6-0-43-0
Felice* 79 (61 balls)
Van dyk 82 (101 balls)

Last Wicket: Craig m c. Kekeletso b. Gibson 15 (FOW: 24/2)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Doing okay, but they`re definately on top. Hindle was always going to take some stick, but hopefully his batting makes up for the 80+ runs he`s likely to conceed. :laugh:

End of Over 34: 148-2, runrate=4.35
Hindle 5-0-29-0
Todd* 36 (48 balls)
Arthur 45 (70 balls)

ash chaulk

International Captain
mikeW said:
yep, would be good if they brang on a new feature where you could choose who you wanted to bowl over by over. But i guess that'd be a bit hard to do.
lol brang.... yeah that would probably be way complicated.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, during this match Holmes has had at least a dozen bits of good fielding. Gun. :p

EDIT: Four balls later, he misfields. Shut up Patrick...

Status
Not open for further replies.