• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Another easy win on TIE:

DeeLux 151 All Out Dowdall 2/46(8.5), Kinsella 3/26(10), Jeithoon 2/12(8)

Jaffna Jets 1/152(23.4) Nurse 92*(77), Obeysekera 54(64)

Ratings:
Top Order: Mediorce
Middle Order: Mediorce
Lower Order: Worthless
Seam: Mediorce
Spin: Mediorce
Fielding: Woeful

Pretty happy with Jeithoon, looks like bowling at the depth is his best position. Also good to see Obeysekera another 50, his 2nd in two weeks opening the batting. Gives us another opening batting option depending on the side we are playing. Him and Nurse have pretty much booked themselves the opening spots if we play FC next season.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Another ridiculous match, bowled out for 148 chasing 154.

Code:
             [B]	Doobie Bombers 	Asterix XI[/B]
Top Order: 	feeble  	superb
Middle Order: 	proficient 	superb
Lower Order: 	worthless 	abysmal
Seam Bowling: 	superb  	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	strong  	sensational
Fielding: 	mediocre 	feeble
**** off. It wasn't really an outrageous result admittedly, I'm more frustrated at the season in general.

Probably going to throw my almost-certain playoff match and beat the crap out of div II for a season, need time to build a batting lineup that isn't going to capitulate at the sight of a half-decent bowler. Pretty pissed off about this season though, makes it futile to try planning ahead when major changes to the match engine are made without advance notice.

Should add that my no. 10 batsman (worthless/worthless) scored 11 off 54 (hit a six), which seems to back up my eighth wicket theory.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jamees 999ers (PAN) 322/5 (Aldred 133*(133), Gowshall 104(98)
Dimmocks Logic 213 (Aldred 8.5-1-45-6)

Nice win, moved onto 9-0, and I've opened the lead to 8 points.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guys, need a bit of help regarding pitches. My next home game is against a team that will, at most, field three seamers, possibly just the two. Those three have wages of:
1582 (RFM)
2050 (RM)
958 (RF) [not a certainty to play]

Given that he has a spinner of wage 6666, I figure I should change my pitch to something that would give Canning the biggest advantage. For the record, my seamers are:
Remarkable/Strong (RFM) (10323 wage)
Respectable/Comp (RM) (844 wage)
Respectable/Med (RM) (688 wage)

The third guy is fairly crap, but the second guy, Fernando, is close to proficient, has good stamina, is destructive, and takes a lot of wickets for me at the death. So what do you guys reckon would be the best pitch to give Canning and co. the most help?

His ratings look something like this:
Code:
My Bloody Valentine
Top Order: 	competent
Middle Order: 	respectable
Lower Order: 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	strong
Fielding: 	woeful
In terms of batting, he's got two strong or superb batsmen at 3 and 4 who bring up both his top and middle order ratings. So I'm basically considering going hard and fast, or something like green to help out the bowlers. Thoughts?

PY

International Coach
Hard and fast if I was you, I'd back your better batsmen to take you home. With green, it could go either way IMO.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Got the collapse I expected. This is why Battrick isn't seeing another penny off me til something drastic changes. Complete joke. My number 8 managed to last 2 balls, number 9, 10, 11 all out first ball.
Out of interest what are their batting ratings?

Because a combined average of about 11 hardly suggests that they're that good at batting.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Got my revenege match out of the way, by winning over 100 runs :)

Reporter's Summary
Villain1982 Alternative XI
Top Order: feeble mediocre
Middle Order: feeble feeble
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: abysmal mediocre
Spin Bowling: feeble feeble
Fielding: feeble feeble

MOTM: Watts

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Out of interest what are their batting ratings?

Because a combined average of about 11 hardly suggests that they're that good at batting.
I'll give you three guesses why they have that combined average.

Anyways time to swap it round and put someone who can bat a little more at 11 and move the number 11 up the order, screwed up logic for a screwed up engine. Number 8 was competent-feeble, number 7 was only competent-mediocre and scored 46* because he was in at the right time (ie not a collapse). Number 9 was high med-med, number 10 feeble-woeful.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
In OD, I think that having a woeful, or a feeble isn't that important, because they'll more than likely get less than 5.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
I'll give you three guesses why they have that combined average.
Because they're all worthless?

Because you tell them to attack?

Because they come up against good bowlers?

I ask because I've never seen this situation happen to me.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Because they're all worthless?

Because you tell them to attack?

Because they come up against good bowlers?

I ask because I've never seen this situation happen to me.
The worthless one does as well as any of the tailenders when he plays actually.

I don't have any of them on attacking or very attacking and never have. I do a mix of normal, defensive and very defensive to see if it makes any difference - it doesn't.

As for not having seen this situation happen to you... You lost 6-16 in the third game I looked at. I love how you make out that you've found some secret formula for avoiding collapses, keep dreaming.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, I lost those wickets in the last 5 overs of the innings against the opposition's top bowlers - not really a great shock since it's not easy for new batsmen to come in and tee off from ball 1.

It's what happens in real life well, or is that not realistic either?

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
Yes, I lost those wickets in the last 5 overs of the innings against the opposition's top bowlers - not really a great shock since it's not easy for new batsmen to come in and tee off from ball 1.

It's what happens in real life well, or is that not realistic either?
Yea I mean McGrath bowling against anyone lower order = automatic wicket every other ball obviously...

Go find some real life scorecards where a team has got to 200odd for 4 then loses 6-16. You might find one in a hundred, then again you probably won't.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Thom Adu (997503)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Jamees 999ers
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 27
Wages: £250 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

His best mate Ben Nana may be coming up soon ;)

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Douglas Remaketse (997532)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Lancashire
Battrick Rating: 407
Wages: £273 p/w

Batting: feeble Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Fired

Zema Charlton (997670)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Pup
Battrick Rating: 370
Wages: £268 p/w

Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Fired!

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Holy crap. 0 ITS, feeble academy:

Lloyd Boosey (997694)
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Beard XI
Battrick Rating: 3,113
Wages: £960 p/w

Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

What do you guys reckon - is some sucker in the transfer market likely to buy this guy, or is it just a slightly more entertaining pull-then-fire job?

If only I'd had the luxury of spare cash to gamble on ITS. Ah well...

Status
Not open for further replies.