• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
Mahindinho said:
I'm playing Hubbard Hills, one of my two rivals for the top spot. He'll be GFIing, as it's a must-win game for him, but I'm PANing.

They're batting first, and 80/3 off 24 on my green pitch - as usual, I can't see the game so I'm relying on email updates from friends.

In the balance...just. My opponents are a batting side, though, so I'm optimistic. Another two wickets and they'll be in a lot of trouble.
Another wicket gone, 110/4 off 32 overs.

How come it shows up as you being online on BT?

Second game in a row I've lost even though I've had better ratings, big re-think of tactics may be in order.

Bobisback

International Regular
PY said:
Second game in a row I've lost even though I've had better ratings, big re-think of tactics may be in order.
For your next friendly, you should bowl with your batters and reverse your order, see how that works.

PY

International Coach
Haha, I might just do that....can't think why you'd suggest it though. :p

I have the problem of having three batsmen of note who all seem to perform better at the top of the order but once two wickets are down then you're into respectables. Tried splitting them up and it has failed miserably. :laugh:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
PY said:
Another wicket gone, 110/4 off 32 overs.
Yay!

PY said:
How come it shows up as you being online on BT?
I sneakily logged in using my phone to check who got the wickets. Can't do it often, as I don't have much by way of data allowance on my contract...it's quite sad really, but I'll be choosing a new phone/contract combo next month based on the ability to access HT/BT :cool:

PY said:
Unlucky, I guess. The bowling ratings are particularly misleading - "3 excellent seamers" will give you higher ratings than "3 excellent seamers plus a not-quite-as-good one". I've seen sides with mediocre (or thereabouts) seam ratings due to fielding one absolute superstar backed up with no-hopers. Needless to say, the superstar usually managed to rattle through the opposing batting lineup :(

PY

International Coach
For my game, they seemed to have all similar strength guys which was why I was surprised with their ratings! The lowest wage is two grand.

I'm just bitter I guess, my season is falling apart a little. :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Or the one gun gets the first 4 wickets as he's bowled out from the start, then there are no more wickets lost all innings as two guys smash fast 100s and you end up with 307-4...

Anyway my 6th wicket partnership still going 191-5 after 38 overs. Probably be a collapse shortly I imagine.

Scaly piscine

Got the collapse I expected. This is why Battrick isn't seeing another penny off me til something drastic changes. Complete joke. My number 8 managed to last 2 balls, number 9, 10, 11 all out first ball.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Chasing 194ao. Eminently gettable, but you never quite know on a green-top, especially against a (probable) GFI.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Code:
VCC v Boundary Hunters (622389)

Date: 	10/11/2006 	Ground: 	Sportpark Westvliet
Pitch: 	Green 	Weather: 	[partially cloudy and humid]
VCC won the toss and elected to field.
First Innings of: Boundary Hunters
Name 			Runs 	Balls 	4s 	6s
Sturgess (*) 	lbw 	b. Badley 	0 	1 	0 	0
Coldicott 	c. Nosworth 	b. Graham 	1 	7 	0 	0
Cunningham 	run 	out 	5 	23 	0 	0
Kirby 	c. Nosworth 	b. Graham 	0 	7 	0 	0
Lumsdon 	c. Tomlinson 	b. Badley 	0 	4 	0 	0
Richardson (+) 	c. Tomlinson 	b. Badley 	0 	7 	0 	0
Butt 		b. Badley 	0 	5 	0 	0
Darcy 		b. Grewcock 	5 	3 	1 	0
Waters 	c. Nosworth 	b. Graham 	0 	1 	0 	0
Brayley 	not 	out 	1 	16 	0 	0
Colley 	c. Nosworth 	b. Wotton 	1 	3 	0 	0
Extras (1b, 1lb, 1w, 0nb) 	3 	
Total (12.5 overs, 10 wickets) 	16 	
FOW 	1 	2 	3 	4 	5 	6 	7 	8 	9 	10
Total 	0 	4 	6 	8 	8 	8 	12 	12 	13 	16
Batsman Out 	1 	2 	4 	5 	6 	7 	3 	9 	8 	11
Name 	O 	M 	R 	W 	nb 	wd
Badley 	5 	1 	11 	4 	0 	1
Graham 	5 	5 	0 	3 	0 	0
Wotton 	1.5 	0 	1 	1 	0 	0
Grewcock 	1 	0 	2 	1 	0 	0
Freedman 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0

First Innings of: VCC (play as normal)
Name 			Runs 	Balls 	4s 	6s
Nosworth (+) 	not 	out 	12 	10 	1 	0
Osman 	not 	out 	5 	3 	1 	0
Clegg 						
Baldwin (*) 						
Kemp 						
Tomlinson 						
Grewcock 						
Freedman 						
Badley 						
Graham 						
Wotton 						
Extras (0b, 0lb, 0w, 0nb) 	0 	
Total (2.1 overs, 0 wickets) 	17 	
FOW 	1 	2 	3 	4 	5 	6 	7 	8 	9 	10
Total 										
Batsman Out 										
Name 	O 	M 	R 	W 	nb 	wd
Colley 	1.1 	0 	9 	0 	0 	0
Brayley 	1 	0 	8 	0 	0 	0
Waters 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0
Darcy 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0
Butt 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0 	0
lowest total ever?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Darn, usually have Islam on 7 overs at the start and 3 at the end but changed it round this week to have Pierce bowl the 7 and Islam only bowl 5. Batted first and made a dissapointing 265-4 with 50's for AKD, Magloire and Challinor. Opponents had made a solid start moving to 36-0 after 9 then Islam comes on to bowl his 5th over

Code:
9.6 W Islam to Soleyn 
  Soleyn looks behind him in dismay after Islam's cutter rearranged his stumps. That image will be in his nightmares for a long time to come. 
9.5 W Islam to Barat 
  Good length ball jags back a bit and he's played on. Great bowling! 
9.4 . Islam to Barat 
  Pitched up, outside off, good shape away. A swish and a miss from Barat, Islam thought he had a chance there. 
9.3 W Islam to Goddard 
  Jags off the seam and takes the top edge of the bat and balloons straight to silly point! 
9.2 1 Islam to Akhlagullah 
  That delivery was a little wide of off and Akhlagullah cuts it straight to cover. Well fielded for just the one run. 
9.1 W Islam to Thompson 
  Took a risk and just threw the bat at it, but unluckily it went straight to Abdul kadir, who took the easiest catch in the world.
sadly he then finished his spell and they have recovered to 127-4 in the 25th with Norris and Keane getting absolutely tonked

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Aces! Dealt out my first complete tonking, an 8 wicket victory over a relegation rival. Bowled 'em out for 132 in 37.4 overs, and overhauled them in 26 overs for the loss of only 2 wickets. Should now be solidly fifth in my league, four points clear with absolutely no chance whatsoever of reeling in the 12-point gap to safety. But who cares about that? :)

Scaly Piscine, even if you do give Battrick your money at the moment you don't get activated (all my shortcuts disappeared the other night despite my having coughed up the cash). 'Course, I shouldn't really be whinging after only a month of playing, but am I not British? :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Very good spell from AKD to kill things off. The went from 36-0 to 37-4 to 165-4 to 176 all out. IIRC (comm is not back up yet) AKD's second spell (coming on when they were up with the RR) was 4-2-3-4 also including a run out of his bowling.

Worthy MOM after his 82*(65)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, but Islam's going to come back and kick some arse for five whole overs!

I'm on 181/0 off 40 now, chasing 194ao.

Reed's 97 (off 108 balls), while Perry's on 79 (136).

Perry's obviously knackered, as he was going along at not much less than a run a ball for his fifty.

Sweet. That pretty much leaves me and Freaky (NorfolkENchance) to fight it out for the III.14 title - and I've got an eight point cushion :)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Update: Perry out right after that last post - 184/1.

McGregor comes in and gives the strike to Reed, who promptly tons up and hits 2, 2, 4 to finish the match.

III.14 is mine, all mine!

I'm currently top of the promotion table too :)

Scaly piscine

I was predictably screwed again, lost pretty much on the fact that I had a nonsensical collapse at the end and they didn't. I don't really care as long as the FC comes in, it's a waste of time trying to do anything clever for the OD games because the engine appears as sophisticated as a Geordie's chat-up line.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Actually to spend some of the ITS i had forgotten about, and I realised why I had forgotten about it.

40 ITS (11 batting, 11 concentration, 4 bowling, 4 concentration, 8 fitness)

Issa Malik (996797)
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Sad Decadent XI
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 5,187
Wages: £580 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: respectable
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Any takers?

Won On TIE Very Easily top performance from Verhoeven 6/14 off 7.5 Overs saying that this team only came in this week so very easy game.

Code:
freddies dream team v Pup (623340)  

Date: 10/11/2006 Ground: freddies dream team CG 
Pitch: Green Weather:  

freddies dream team won the toss and elected to bat. 
First Innings of: freddies dream team  
Name   Runs Balls 4s 6s 
 Devine  lbw  b. Verhoeven 19 47 1 0 
 Crichton  c. Coates b. Mee 1 4 0 0 
 Dunning  c. Nevin b. Street 5 24 0 0 
 Watkins (*) c. Coates b. Verhoeven 6 18 0 0 
 Bennett  c. Hilpert b. Verhoeven 18 31 1 0 
 Thabo   b. Jones 6 13 1 0 
 Hildred  c. Hilpert b. Verhoeven 1 7 0 0 
 Newby  c. Coates b. Jones 1 7 0 0 
 Dhillon  not  out 2 13 0 0 
 Cave  c. Coates b. Verhoeven 1 7 0 0 
 Clayton (+) c. Jones b. Verhoeven 0 3 0 0 
Extras (2b, 1lb, 1w, 1nb) 5  
Total (28.5 overs, 10 wickets) 65  

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Total 8 15 30 33 54 56 61 61 65 65 
Batsman Out 2 3 1 4 6 7 5 8 10 11 

Name O M R W nb wd 
Street 7 1 19 1 0 0 
Mee 5 2 7 1 0 0 
Hilpert 5 0 15 0 0 0 
Verhoeven 7.5 2 14 6 1 1 
Jones 4 2 7 2 0 0 

First Innings of: Pup (take it easy)  
Name   Runs Balls 4s 6s 
 Findlay  not  out 27 32 1 0 
 Pollard  not  out 37 36 3 0 
 Paris        
 Nevin        
 Jefferson        
 Coates (*)(+)       
 Jones        
 Verhoeven        
 Hilpert        
 Street        
 Mee        
Extras (0b, 1lb, 1w, 0nb) 2  
Total (11.2 overs, 0 wickets) 66  

FOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Total           
Batsman Out           

Name O M R W nb wd 
Thabo 6 0 32 0 0 1 
Hildred 5 0 31 0 0 0 
Newby 0.2 0 2 0 0 0 
Dhillon 0 0 0 0 0 0 
Cave 0 0 0 0 0 0
Code:
freddies dream team v Pup (623340)  

Date: 10/11/2006 Ground: freddies dream team CG 
Pitch: Green Weather:  

freddies dream team won the toss and elected to bat. 
Reporter's Summary 
 freddies dream team Pup 
Top Order: woeful mediocre 
Middle Order: abysmal feeble 
Lower Order: worthless worthless 
Seam Bowling: woeful mediocre 
Spin Bowling: woeful feeble 
Fielding: woeful abysmal 

MOTM: Verhoeven

Status
Not open for further replies.