• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
God, someone list a player for a reasonable price so I can buy them.

Gonna get kicked by NorCricket today, will have to use a competent bowler after stupidly selling Crabb and Subasinghe at the same time. Set a flat pitch in the hope that I don't get skittled, and optimistically playing on PAN.
I know what you mean, was a 21yo prof-prof batsman with strong fielding and respectable stamina with a high wage. Thought he might go for just under a million because most the people won't know the wage is high, woke up this morning and he's going for 1.4 million with hours to go.

Meanwhile my prof-comp 17yo bowler only goes for ~380k...

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
'inho wins by 7 wickets. Gun ratings -
Thanks! That was quite a relief, after finding myself 8/2 and then 21/3. 33/3 and I dared not look again.

Those ratings have been very consistent this season - individual orders and pitch type seem to have made no visible difference. The only changes have been when I've messed around with the batting order or played an extra spinner.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Ended up quite nicely :D

End of Over 50: 370-2, runrate=7.40
Oconnor 10-0-74-1
Giles* 142 (136 balls)
Gratton 1 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Zonke c. Ball b. Oconnor 204 (FOW: 368/2)

Bobisback

International Regular
alternative said:
Ended up quite nicely :D

End of Over 50: 370-2, runrate=7.40
Oconnor 10-0-74-1
Giles* 142 (136 balls)
Gratton 1 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Zonke c. Ball b. Oconnor 204 (FOW: 368/2)
Poor Zonke. Got to his 200 then fell in the last over :(

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
And that's the end of the match. Jamees 999ers won by 9 wickets.
Scotties XI 97-10
Jamees 999ers 98-1

End of Over 16: 98-1, runrate=6.13
Hackett 2-0-14-0
Gowshall* 31 (36 balls)
Mccammon 47 (45 balls)

Easy win.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Bobisback said:
Poor Zonke. Got to his 200 then fell in the last over :(
200 :blink:

I've only had one of my players get a double-century. It was a chap called Neely Cutts, during the Battrick Beta period, and it was the first double-ton in the game, EVER!

Think I ended up on 398 in that match. Cutts, Pope, Till, Gyles, Graves...I miss them all :(

Only one of their names was ever going to grace my current ground, though.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I've had three double-centurions: Cuss, Watkins and the now-departed Sterling Gillespie. Gillespie's and Watkins' were against bots, Cuss' was against a former div I team (last season).

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Never had a 200 - though I'm going to give it a crack, perhaps, in 2 weeks time when I have an easy TIE win. Gray has come the closest with 195*

Ladbroke looking shaky -

End of Over 12: 52-4, runrate=4.33, reqrunrate=4.58 (225-10)
Ballard 1-0-5-0
Connelly* 28 (24 balls)
Duncan 7 (13 balls)
Last Wicket: Ardley b. Hildred 11 (FOW: 19/4)

Let me remind you, though, that his top 3 were all guys with career batting averages of below 10 and he's done the ol "stock the middle order" trick. Still, these two are his best batsmen, and not too much else to come...

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 20: 90-2, runrate=4.50, reqrunrate=4.30 (218-10)
Esterhuizen 5-0-30-0
Nosworth* 29 (56 balls)
Baldwin 22 (23 balls)

Interesting hmm

PY

International Coach
I've got 4 double centurions at the moment and have sold one.

Mostly/all bot-bashing in India, got another guy with a 189* too.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
There's a cracking match taking place in the BT-England top division today, between two friends of mine.

A Few Cheap Gins (Impurity) are 139/8 against The Tykes (Waterhoose), chasing 196ao.

I'm getting updated via email conversation :)

It's been close all the way up to that last wicket. Gins have one very good batsman left and tailenders playing Very Defensive.

It's pretty close to a relegation play-off.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mahindinho said:
There's a cracking match taking place in the BT-England top division today, between two friends of mine.

A Few Cheap Gins (Impurity) are 139/8 against The Tykes (Waterhoose), chasing 196ao.

I'm getting updated via email conversation :)

It's been close all the way up to that last wicket. Gins have one very good batsman left and tailenders playing Very Defensive.

It's pretty close to a relegation play-off.
Mulligan to get out first ball of the forty-first over.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Highest any of my lot have scored is 184*, more than I'll get today. Haven't lost more than 3/4 wickets all season and that I get bowled out by this load of rubbish, as ever it's a waste of time having tailenders of any ability.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
Mulligan to get out first ball of the forty-first over.
Well, Waterhoose reports that Virk's been hogging the stricke something chronic.

In fact, he's just hit 10 off an over. 30 needed now.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Augh! Total overhauled on the penultimate ball for a 5 wicket loss. If only I hadn't GFI'd last week I might have been out of the (automatic) relegation zone. Ah well, will aim to restore some pride at the weekend.

Okay, "obtain some pride for the first time".

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
LOL.

Matches of Division II.2, West Indies:

40.1 W Stanford to Crouch
Good length away swinging delivery and an easy catch for Bryant. Did it nick the bat? Stanford thinks so and the umpire agrees! Out!

40.1 W Beadle to Garvey
Garvey went for the pull shot, but got the top edge. Both the keeper and the fielder went for it but it ended up in Phillips's gloves.

40.1 W Wright to Tait
That's a great catch from Hamilton as Tait was beaten for pace... in fact the ball clipped the off stump on its way through to the diving keeper. Bowled him.

40.1 4 Crabb to Winnacott
Good connection! Can Healy get his fingers to it.... no, it's through and over the rope!

Coincidence? :p

Edit: W00t. Number nine (feeble bat) smacks a six. 216-7...think it's about 50 too little mind. Shouldn't have opened with Herbert and Virk. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.