• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Procastinators 129 (41.4)
Canning 6/23 (10), Tedstone 2/28 (10), Erasmus 1/15 (5.4)

Magical Ponies 4/131 (31.5)
Griffin 48 (77), Burger 46 (61), Canning 23* (23)

Magical Ponies The Procrastinators
Top Order: competent competent
Middle Order: strong mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal feeble
Seam Bowling: superb competent
Spin Bowling: proficient competent
Fielding: woeful feeble
MOTM: Canning

Bit annoyed about Burger getting out, it would've been his first fifty. Still, happy with that win for a TIE.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
42.1 	W	Deane to Beaumont
 	 	He's gone for the big heave, but it's gone way up in the air. Osman gets himself underneath it and pockets the chance with glee. Out!

End of Over 42: 187-4, runrate=4.45, reqrunrate=2.38 (205-10)
Osman	9-0-39-0
Beaumont*	20 (36 balls)
Allison	11 (14 balls)
Last Wicket: Johnson c. Colley b. Hodge 0 (FOW: 159/4)

Very nervous here, if i lose, my season is over. Naylor needs to keep his not out streak going.

EDIT:

****ING ****

42.2 W Deane to Naylor
Big inswinging yorker crashes into his pads. Massive appeal and given!

Another close loss in a game i should have won.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You haven't lost yet, but if you do, it's not your batsmen, it's your bowlers, dead set. Been watching it all day and they had them 6 for less than 100. You should never make 200 from for 90-odd, especially in battrick. You need another bowler or two.

EDIT: I reckon you'll win, personally. Allison will carry you home, you only need about 10.

Bobisback

International Regular
You haven't lost yet, but if you do, it's not your batsmen, it's your bowlers, dead set. Been watching it all day and they had them 6 for less than 100. You should never make 200 from for 90-odd, especially in battrick. You need another bowler or two.

EDIT: I reckon you'll win, personally. Allison will carry you home, you only need about 10.
tbh, my bowlers did their work, it was the other crap i have bowling that couldnt finish the job.

6 to win with 4 wickets, 3 wickets in hand. Am going to cry if/when i lose.

Edit: 5 to win with 2 wickets in hand, please do this for me allison :(

EDIT2:

46.2 1 Deane to Allison
Allison picks up a quick single, pushing the ball firmly to mid-wicket. Good running.

Good decision.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
And that's the end of the match. Sponges won by 3 runs.
Sponges 205-10
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers 202-10

Ratings will be even funnier.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Your ratings are ridiculously misleading anyway, so whatever. Remarkable spin my ass, I've got a better spin attack than you and I get strong/superb. Still surprised you didn't win, mind.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
And that's the end of the match. Central Districts won by 57 runs.
Central Districts	301-10
29Xl	                244-10

Hodge	8.4-1-55-6
Hodge took some stick, expecially early on from his guns, but got rid of one of them then cleaned out the middle and lower order for the poles he deserved.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
		Central Districts  	29Xl
Top Order: 	strong 			quality
Middle Order: 	competent 		competent
Lower Order: 	abysmal 		worthless
Seam Bowling: 	proficient 		proficient
Spin Bowling: 	quality 		abysmal
Fielding: 	feeble 			feeble
Pretty happy with those ratings on a GFI. Means I'm pretty close to upping my ratings in top order, seam and spin.

cameeel

International Captain
Kipper XI v Steppy's XI

Kipper XI: 223

Dove 130*
Brown 42

Corcoran 2-30

Steppy's XI: 83

Willie 30
Sekhon 20*

Davies 4-11
Byron 3-11

Result: Kipper XI win by 150 runs
MotM: Dove (130*)
Attendance: 12'085

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Jazz Men vs Anchormen (Toss: Jazz Men)

Anchormen 7/293 from 50 overs
Mcmillan 136 (135)
Gray 80 (90)
Bhutia 34* (26)
Hardiker 4/63 (10.0)

Jazz Men 149a.o. from 35.3 overs
Andrew 39 (49)
Mcmillan 3/14 (5.0)
Ralph 3/28 (10.0)
Mulholland 2/38 (7.3)
Payton 2/42 (8.0)

Result: Anchormen wins by 144 runs.
MotM: Mcmillan (136 & 3/14)

Pretty comfortably win on a TIE there. I'm a bit worried that we didn't get them out more cheaply - Ralph should've taken a 5-for. Gray took 2 catches and made 3 stumpings :blink: which leaves him with 150 career catches, along with 23 stumpings. Otherwise, good stuff from Mcmillan, who has now passed with 150 wicket mark with 151 wickets @ 14.26. Middle order dropped to mediocre because Bhutia's PFL is fresh. Meh, TF is up to Invigorated now.

Anchormen
Top Order: remarkable
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: superb
Spin Bowling: exceptional
Fielding: woeful

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cheers mate ur teams a bit betta than mine but we'll see how it goes
I have to warn you...I'm in a rich vein of form having lost 6 in a row. If I can stop my players sitting in the corner rocking backwards and forwards tapping cricket bats on their heads, we might have a decent match.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Same old story for the Jets, the bowlers get smashed around the park for 300 plus. Jeithoon however took his 2nd 5-fer of the season, 5/60. Atleast his ripping through middle orders now. Would be nice if he could take a wicket against a top order batsmen one of these days though. Hopefully we can score 250 odd in reply.

Code:
End of Over 50: 330-9, runrate=6.60 
Muralitharan 10-0-51-3 
Gooneratne* 7 (4 balls) 
Seneviratne 14 (11 balls)

Last Wicket: Julian b. Muralitharan 3 (FOW: 323/9)

oz_fan

International Regular
Really should have won my match. I bowled the opposition out for 232 thanks to 6-49 from Wills and generally economical bowling. In reply my side lost key wickets at regular intervals with the only good scores coming from Grahame who scored 89 and Lebohang with 59. We were all out for 228 in the 47th over losing by just four runs.

Here's the ratings:
oz fans XI magachute
Top Order: feeble feeble
Middle Order: woeful woeful
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: feeble feeble
Spin Bowling: feeble useless
Fielding: woeful woeful

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Really should have won my match. I bowled the opposition out for 232 thanks to 6-49 from Wills and generally economical bowling. In reply my side lost key wickets at regular intervals with the only good scores coming from Grahame who scored 89 and Lebohang with 59. We were all out for 228 in the 47th over losing by just four runs.

Here's the ratings:
close match

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Haha, playing a team that just joined this week - thought I could probably get away with TIE but went with PAN just incase, as I hadn't seen any of their stats, and they had some players with decent BTR and wages.

The Heath CC: 71/0 (7)

Early indications suggest I might have been alright taking it easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.