• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I also bought this player last week any nets advice for him?

RH Batsman, RF Bowler, abysmal batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: BEST Indies
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,341
Wages: £484 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful
NOW you're talking!

Depends how many nets you've got free, and what your plans are for him.

If you're going to keep him for a good few seasons, you want to make him a well-rounded player -- definitely a batting net, plus a fitness net, and maybe a fielding net if you can spare one.

If you're intending on selling him in a season or two, just ramp up his batting -- two batting nets until he's 19, then change one of them to fitness until he's mediocre, and then back to batting. He'll hit strong sometime next season, and be worth a few £million. Which is nice.

Personally, I'd go for the former option -- if you're a new starter, you should concentrate on the core of your team before you turn your efforts to making money.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Mahindinho, don't mean to be pushy or rude or anything, but if you were interested in those bowlers I've got up, would you mind putting one early bid on them? just so I've got potential earnings to bid against.

If you're not interested then don't worry about it.

Tar, Trev

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Yeah he was my first buy so i kinda wanna keep him :laugh:
Will put him in a Batting and Fitness net for a while so.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
This guy is the best bowler of the guys i originaly got any advice for him?

RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Battrick Rating: 4,130
Wages: £457 p/w

Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This guy is the best bowler of the guys i originaly got any advice for him?

RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, respectable bowling form, lively
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Battrick Rating: 4,130
Wages: £457 p/w

Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Don't bother training him, any bog standard mediocre-mediocre 17yo with mediocre stamina is a better trainee and you can get those for practically nothing.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Well, they should do! The three players you quoted were considerably worse than the one Resp/Feeb that headhunter posted!

headhunter -- I don't know much about that end of the market, but that's not a bad price. HOWEVER, I wouldn't use him as a trainee -- it's just not worth training primary skills (batting/bowling/WK) on anyone over 20yo, unless you're talking skill high levels (Quality+).

Seriously, in the time it takes to take your 23yo to Proficient, you could buy in a 18yo mid-Competent and train him to Proficient instead...then, rather than a 24yo Prof, you'll have a 18yo Prof...who could be trained higher or sold for A LOT more.
Pretty much my point itbt.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Mahindinho, don't mean to be pushy or rude or anything, but if you were interested in those bowlers I've got up, would you mind putting one early bid on them? just so I've got potential earnings to bid against.
No worries Trev.

I had a look at them the other night, and a bit of a think, and decided that I didn't really want them after all -- I'd not be able to sell them on for a while, and would rather use the cash I've got now getting some _real_ trainees.

Sorry about that, and good luck selling them. Have you put an advert in the Transfers sledging board?

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Both my allrounders coming along nicely.

Grady Gedye - 19 yo, BT Rating=45,566
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, moderate
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: strong Concentration: quality
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Robert Porter - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,052
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: competent Consistency: competent

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
No worries mate, I've got a few contingency plans in case they sell and I don't have anyone to replace them, there's a few old Strongs going cheap who'll do in the short term. If nothing I like comes up and Bent and Edworthy don't sell, then I'll give them a net each for a couple of weeks, sell them on as Profs, hopefully with a Cons pop too, then give a 30+ Strong a fielding net for his six week contract, get a couple of Cons pops, and flog him on for a profit.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha, that was actually a really good effort from your team, to make 140. Thanks for the friendly.

Gray's BTR is going nuts, with only 1 w/k net. It went up by 7,000 to 112,283. One senses Mcmillan (89,208) is closing in on the big 1-0-0 as well.

Bhutia is starting to look like a monster, BTR is starting to increase in bigger increments too. His form & PFL are pretty shocking though, Resp & Fresh respectively.
haha, thank you too mate.

I think my pre-game pep talk where I threatened to drop them for a team of schoolgirl cricketers from Broken Hill worked wonders.

Dr_Brad

Banned
Selling
Seymour Graddon (981910)

A great wiket keeper (Strong)
BT rating:7,470
Price:$7500
Deadline:
14/07/2007 9:47 Battrick Time

Anyone want to buy him bid ;)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Meh pocket change...

06/07/2007 Sold Seymour Sisk Barkers Bat Boys £2,500,000 13,018
30/06/2007 Sold Tristan Dowdall Heavyweight XI £1,200,000 8,483

:p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
18/01/2007 Sold Nelson Johnston Achilles Kallos £3,564,001 17,581
23/12/2006 Sold Steve Rayno Gooric CC £2,652,001 15,064

Whatever - don't go on about it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Meh pocket change...

06/07/2007 Sold Seymour Sisk Barkers Bat Boys £2,500,000 13,018
30/06/2007 Sold Tristan Dowdall Heavyweight XI £1,200,000 8,483

:p
It's like, my first ever time with more than a mill in the bank. Let me have my little bit of joy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.