• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Newcastle Knights 277a.o. from 49 overs
Mills 4/50 (10.0)
Rayno 3/50 (10.0)
Mcmillan 3/50 (9.0)

Anchormen 5/278 from 48.1 overs
Mcmillan 130 (136)
Gray 76 (95)
Bhutia 41 (40)

Very happy with that performance. Bowling was a bit expensive but 277 wasn't too bad a total in the end - it would appear Mcmillan definitely is an opener, has also been in great friendly form of late. Past 4 friendlies -
Batting - 407 runs @ 101.8 (SR 93.3), 3 x 100, 0 x 50, HS 142 (139)
Bowling - 16 wickets @ 8.87 (SR 10.9, ER 4.9), 2 x 5w hauls, BB 7/22 (8.3)

Waiting for my middle order to hit Competent...

Code:
[size=3]       Newcastle Knights  	Anchormen
Top Order: 	proficient 	strong
Middle Order: 	proficient 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	strong 	        mediocre
Spin Bowling: 	respectable 	proficient
Fielding: 	feeble 	        woeful[/size]

PY

International Coach
Who's your middle-order currently? Your ratings are looking pretty good at the moment! But where's your seam attack?

Are the games running an hour early due to the change from BST to GMT? I can't change my orders for the game against Dave and it's only 8.53am here. :blink:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
alternative said:
0 ITS Used..

Pete Mcintosh (983672)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Alternative XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 6,086
Wages: £935 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless
Wow. Give him 2 bowl, 1 fitness, 1 fielding. Those nets will get him quality/remarkable by 20.

PY

International Coach
And the rest, I'd say remarkable at the least by 20.

That's almost 50 weeks of training!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Who's your middle-order currently? Your ratings are looking pretty good at the moment! But where's your seam attack?

Are the games running an hour early due to the change from BST to GMT? I can't change my orders for the game against Dave and it's only 8.53am here. :blink:
My middle order is -
Bhutia (prof/feeb)
Wolfenden (resp/feeb)
Johnston (sup/resp)
Houlihan (comp/comp)

Can't be far off Comp! But yeah, seam attack is pretty shocking -
Rayno (sup/comp)
Payton (resp/resp)
Hignett (comp/woe)

May have to buy another seamer for my title bid next season over the offseason. But yeah, games are running an hour early and everything will happen an hour earlier. What happened in Australia is - we moved our clocks forward 1 hour and you moved yours back - so there's a 2 hour difference now :(

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm match against Jamee will be interesting, I remembered to set my orders about a minute before the cutoff time and stuffed them up a bit. So I'll be using a worthless bowler, worthless WK and a woeful captain, individual orders are all over the place too.

PY

International Coach
2 hours added difference. :p

Bizarre, our game hasn't started yet so it must be running at proper time now. Yours will have been weird though because the change from BST to GMT would've happened during the match (approx 9 hours ago)?

And Dave, I thought the resp levels were between 650-1050ish and his secondaries won't help much.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Chally & AK going along well so far, first time they've opened together i think, but I think i might open with them against Pup. Not much to come after these two though.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
319 run defeat to Marc this morning. :cool:

Thought I'd see how well my bowlers can bat and how well my batsmen can bowl. Obviously not very well.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Opened with two mediocres against Jamee, and a competent at number three...not surprisingly struggling a bit. They're all out now though, Watkins and Cuss at the crease.

End of Over 14: 54-3, runrate=3.86
Kealey 2-0-6-2
Watkins* 4 (3 balls)
Cuss 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Bell c. Bardle b. Kealey 24 (FOW: 54/3)

Jungle Jumbo

In the 2nd XI clash, I was going along steadily at 46-0 before sliding to 55-3 against the spin of Parr, who as a strong bowl (?) is comfortably the best player on show. It's a cracked pitch, and Scaly's batting is far worse than his bowling, so anything around 200 could be defendable.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jungle Jumbo said:
In the 2nd XI clash, I was going along steadily at 46-0 before sliding to 55-3 against the spin of Parr, who as a strong bowl (?) is comfortably the best player on show. It's a cracked pitch, and Scaly's batting is far worse than his bowling, so anything around 200 could be defendable.
It's a green pitch, the cracked stuff is a display error. Par score on these pitches in sunny conditions are usually in excess of 250, but my batting is crap so...

And yea Parr is very high strong, will pop tomorrow or in 8 days.

Jungle Jumbo

Scaly piscine said:
It's a green pitch, the cracked stuff is a display error. Par score on these pitches in sunny conditions are usually in excess of 250, but my batting is crap so...

And yea Parr is very high strong, will pop tomorrow or in 8 days.
I really need to take advantage of these next block of overs now. I've only got a mediocre after these two, so both of them really need to make 50s. I've got five competents in the bowling department, so I should have enough.

Cloete

International Captain
Nice friendly win today against Sriram. First friendly I've played in like ages and only the 2nd in the Roar's history I think :p

Roar CC 202 AO (47 Ovs)
Ghandi 71 (101)
Blatherwick 42 (56)
Moodley 37 (43)

Abdul Kadir 5/16 (9)
Malik 1/27 (8)

Citizens Erased 90 AO (28.1 Ovs)
Mohammed 31 (42)

Moodley 4/13 (7.1)
Singh Iali 3/24 (7)
Lawrenson 2/13 (5)

Roar CC win by 112 runs.
MOTM: Abdul Kadir

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Baconator said:
319 run defeat to Marc this morning. :cool:

Thought I'd see how well my bowlers can bat and how well my batsmen can bowl. Obviously not very well.
I completely forgot to change my team before I went out last night, then didn't think that it was on at a strange time today so it was over before I got in!

2 new players in for AA, although my 0 ITS YP is currently listed:

Dean Yousif - 17 yo, BT Rating=1,848

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

My new signing gives me a quandary as to whether I make him keeper as well:

Jim Kenny - 29 yo, BT Rating=13,520
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: strong Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Bid just under £850k last night, didn't expect that nobody would bid in the interim.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
you're better off just leaving him as a batsmen, he's only competent wicketkeeper and his fielding is poor whilst his secondaries aren't great plus he's too old to train.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, well the early wickets didn't help Jamee out too much, Cuss and Watkins have put on 201 in 26 overs.

End of Over 40: 255-3, runrate=6.38
Kealey 10-0-83-2
Cuss* 113 (86 balls)
Watkins 81 (74 balls)
Last Wicket: Bell c. Bardle b. Kealey 24 (FOW: 54/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.