• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
NZTailender said:
Can't really blame the Battrick mod's if they're less than enthusiastic about giving me a new team.
*grin*

Have you included all that stuff in your messages to the MODs/GMs? The ones I know are all reasonable chaps, who'd probably understand if you're up-front and explain yourself.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mahindinho said:
*grin*

Have you included all that stuff in your messages to the MODs/GMs? The ones I know are all reasonable chaps, who'd probably understand if you're up-front and explain yourself.

I mentioned my past bankruptcy in one email. I may send what i posted here to them if I don't hear back on my team soon...

Hopefully Adam can communicate this to them :ph34r:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, all MODs and GMs are terrible people, who can regularly be found hating children and old people. It is a joke, though, that you've still yet to receive a response.

By the way, on unrelated note, I've decided that next season I won't be taking on any new trainees. I'm going to persevere with Mcmillan's batting as well as Johnston's, which means by the end of next season my batting should be -
Gray (wonderful/phenomenal)
Mcmillan (remarkable/quality)
Johnston (remarkable/strong)
Bhutia (remarkable/strong)

Gray, Mcmillan and Johnston will be about to turn 22, 21 and 23 respectively (by that I mean they are 20, 19 and 21 now), so they'll have their training days behind them, although Bhutia will only just be turning 19 so he'll have several seasons left in him. Those 4, plus Rayno, will make up my base of 6 remarkable+s (7 if you include Gray's wk) - Gray (wonderful batting/remarkable wk), Mcmillan (remarkable bat/remarkable bowl), Johnston (remarkable bat), Rayno (remarkable bowl) and then Bhutia, who then will be remarkable bat, but will probably be trained a fair way beyond that. Then I can take on new trainees :D This means I'll probably hit my peak in Season 7.

NZTailender

AussieDominance said:
I speak to GM - Drew on MSN So If I see him online ill have a chat to him
Cheers AD.

:laugh: @ Rob. Battrick to be charged with Balkan War Crimes apparently. A good effort, since that particular conflict was before Battrick was created...

NZTailender

AussieDominance said:
I speak to GM - Drew on MSN So If I see him online ill have a chat to him

Actually, if you do speak to him, can you link him to the post I made? Cheers...

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Robertinho said:
By the way, on unrelated note, I've decided that next season I won't be taking on any new trainees. I'm going to persevere with Mcmillan's batting as well as Johnston's, which means by the end of next season my batting should be -
Gray (wonderful/phenomenal)
Mcmillan (remarkable/quality)
Johnston (remarkable/strong)
Bhutia (remarkable/strong)
I _need_ to get a decent batting trainee in. Only Sandwith and Reed are getting trained, so by the end of _this_ season things are going to look like this:

Perry 22yo respectable/???
Reed 23 wonderful/remarkable
McGregor 25 superb/respectable
Sandwith 21 wonderful/wonderful

Reed's too old to continue training even now, TBH, but Sandwith's got another season in him yet.

Anyone got a prof/prof bat going cheap? ;)

I might end up selling a qual/qual (possibly remarkable/qual, depending on timeframe) fast bowler to finance some batting trainees. They're going for a couple of million right now, aren't they?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Mahindinho said:
I _need_ to get a decent batting trainee in. Only Sandwith and Reed are getting trained, so by the end of _this_ season things are going to look like this:

Perry 22yo respectable/???
Reed 23 wonderful/remarkable
McGregor 25 superb/respectable
Sandwith 21 wonderful/wonderful

Reed's too old to continue training even now, TBH, but Sandwith's got another season in him yet.

Anyone got a prof/prof bat going cheap? ;)

I might end up selling a qual/qual (possibly remarkable/qual, depending on timeframe) fast bowler to finance some batting trainees. They're going for a couple of million right now, aren't they?
I did have a 19yo prof/comp going for ~500k - Geraint Jones - but he was crap anyway. You would definitely get a good price for a qual/qual, but I'd wait for him to pop to remarkable before selling him - I think there's a massive perceived gap between the 2 levels which could mean alot more (or alot less) profit. How many nets do you think you'll have free by the start of next season? I'd definitely recommend picking up a 17yo and putting him on 2 batting nets - not losing too much to the diminishing returns but you get 2 full pops a season (at least) - so with a high Resp (like in Bhutia's case), he'd be Superb by the time he turned 18.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Just bidded on this guy:

Battrick » Player Details
Christopher Sekgoma (960298)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Toongabbie Hawks
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 6,516
Wages: £991 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

I'm not really fussed how far he is away from a batting pop, but how long would it take for him to reach competent stamina on one net? If I get him I might put him in for one keeping, one batting and one fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.