• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Same with me, its going to be a while till i can train someone else, so i haven't bothered with investments the last two seasons.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Still think it's worth it personally, even if you don't intend to train. I had pretty much nothing in the way of YPs for the first four seasons, but got three decent ones this season and sold them for a combined total of about 1.4m. You really only need one good YP every few seasons for the academy to pay for itself.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If i had a couple mil in the bank, i would still invest for profit. But for us small sides, moiney is tight, so in some ways its better to save. But each to their own, i can see why you would want to keep the investments going regardless of whether you were going to use the players.

Friendly v Mike 50/50 so far:
End of Over 14: 70-2, runrate=5.00

Battrick stuffed and it wont show the batsmen or bowlers or teams.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hook just got hit for 6 by a worthlees/Feeble bat 8-)
I ended up getting 234 very defendable now i got Bertos out early :)

W That was a textbook forward defensive shot by Bertos in every way except that he missed the ball which cannoned onto his pad. Plumb

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dwyer batted first and made 245, with Maughan making 96. He lost 6/6 at the end, which is dire. Currently 0-80 after 17, with Dylan on 53* and Jephcott struggling to 25* from 41.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Beat Mike pretty easierly in the end somehow. Bowled him out for 80 odd, but the scorecard wont come up. Anyone else having these problems with BT.

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
YP : 35 ITS (11 Stam / 12 Bat / 12 Conc)

Kieren Scott-reed (1108711)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: RoMojo
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 7,152
Wages: £766 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: respectable

For my best YP ever, it's a little underwhelming, really. How far off a respectable bat was/is he?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
YP : 35 ITS (11 Stam / 12 Bat / 12 Conc)

Kieren Scott-reed (1108711)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: RoMojo
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 7,152
Wages: £766 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: respectable

For my best YP ever, it's a little underwhelming, really. How far off a respectable bat was/is he?
He's pretty close. The respectable fielding would add a bit, but he'd still be up there.

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for that! Kieren is less impressed though, because he's now got batting practice tomorrow morning. Sucks to be him.

PY

International Coach
Sekani takes 5/19 and Craddock takes 3 wickets for 0 runs in the cup and I win by 320 runs.

Very dull.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Still getting this stupid error when trying to see the end result

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bcd'
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/nl/matchSubs.asp, line 518

One of the guys in my league was watching and said that i had won or was close to winning, which if true is a good result on TIE against a fellow top of the table div III side.

Also, anyone got the link to the stadium sizer?. Cheers.

PY

International Coach
Gah this bug is freaking annoying.

The game best not be lost because it couldn't have gone any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.