• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wicket-keeping and fielding have always been the same at getting secondaries up. While fielding pops are useful and wicket-keeping pops aren't (for that player).

Anyway personally I wouldn't try and make a bowler into a bowler who bats ok... waste of nets for little gain.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Plays For: VCC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 2,429
Wages: £466 p/w
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

for sale for 0

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Wicket-keeping and fielding have always been the same at getting secondaries up. While fielding pops are useful and wicket-keeping pops aren't (for that player).

Anyway personally I wouldn't try and make a bowler into a bowler who bats ok... waste of nets for little gain.
He's almost a respectable bat though at the moment so wouldn't mind utilising that? Strong would certainly be alright for my side, not gun but one of best 5.

Once he gets to strong though, I would probably stop his batting and focus on his bowling because I'd get a new trainee for the new season who'd need a couple of nets.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
PY said:
He's almost a respectable bat though at the moment so wouldn't mind utilising that? Strong would certainly be alright for my side, not gun but one of best 5.

Once he gets to strong though, I would probably stop his batting and focus on his bowling because I'd get a new trainee for the new season who'd need a couple of nets.
What's his concentration? If it's decent then maybe if you give him 1 batting net and 1 fielding net in addition to the bowling net(s) he's presumably on. I still wouldn't give him a second batting net anyways, that's a bit of a waste at the best of times.

The thing is tho if he's your gun bowler then next season if the FC actually comes in and if they hang around when batting then their PFL will take a beating. This means you'll have to bat him down the order generally (so his batting might be wasted somewhat anyway) or you'll have to rest him in games. This is a problem with most all-rounders tho (the ones that are the gun bowler/bat in particular) and why if they bring in FC next week I might be able to beat Adam after all...

PY

International Coach
He wouldn't be my gun bowler but he certainly would be close to it at quality+. His concentration is mediocre but he's due a pop in that too I think as he's not had one this season. Most likely, I'll keep two nets on batting until he reaches prof and then switch to a fielding net, one batting and two bowling nets to round him off.

Don't have any trainees other than him who are desperate for nets, just 19yos who are being continually improved.

I guess I've put FC on the backburner for a while as I sold all the makeup players I'd bought to fill in. I have Singh who obviously will become obsolete in 1st XI soon at comp-comp allrounder but he'll probably do the job filling in most situations with respectable stamina.

PY

International Coach
Code:
Name		Age	BT	Batting		Bowling
Chanderpaul	26	2275			competent
Dangasela	19	2474			competent
Ghandi		22	2016	mediocre
Mills		26	2948			competent
My reserves aren't looking healthy. :laugh:

Meh, they'll probably get a run out against you Dave. Would be the first time in a long time!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Adamc, just fired another email off to the Battrick admin.

Should probnably stop bothering you :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
What's his concentration? If it's decent then maybe if you give him 1 batting net and 1 fielding net in addition to the bowling net(s) he's presumably on. I still wouldn't give him a second batting net anyways, that's a bit of a waste at the best of times.

The thing is tho if he's your gun bowler then next season if the FC actually comes in and if they hang around when batting then their PFL will take a beating. This means you'll have to bat him down the order generally (so his batting might be wasted somewhat anyway) or you'll have to rest him in games. This is a problem with most all-rounders tho (the ones that are the gun bowler/bat in particular) and why if they bring in FC next week I might be able to beat Adam after all...
Meh, I'll keep getting allrounders for now while there aren't any major drawbacks, since they're cheaper to buy (the good ones anyway - I often see bowlers going for ridiculous prices just because they've got competent batting or something). Also more economical to train if you're using a fielding net on them.

I suspect PFL hits have been reduced somewhat based on what I've seen with the NT so far (small sample admittedly), some 50+ scores and not going down visibly, likewise for bowlers bowling 10 overs. Anyway, if the FC leagues stay the same I shouldn't have PFL problems as I'll be able to rest most of my good players if necessary.
NZTailender said:
Adamc, just fired another email off to the Battrick admin.

Should probnably stop bothering you :D
Nah go for it, it's the only way you'll get their attention. I keep bringing it up and they keep saying they're getting to it but they're clearly not, ridiculous really.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Was thinking something along the lines of this for tomorrows game:

Wight (A)
Disley (N)
Mansfield (N)
Tucker (N)
Woodward (N)
Thorn (B4,VD)
Wilkey+ (N)
Lovegrove (B3,D)
Unsworth (B1,N)
Causon* (B5,D)
Giles (B2,D)

Can always swap Woodward with Wight and have Wight attcking at #5

Thoughts?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
What bowling orders does he use for his NT bowler? Could be problematic if he runs through your top order as you don't really have anyone after the first five, might be worth putting one of your batsmen a little lower in case you collapse.

I reckon you should buy yourself a proper WK/batsman as well. :p

NZTailender

Adamc said:
Nah go for it, it's the only way you'll get their attention. I keep bringing it up and they keep saying they're getting to it but they're clearly not, ridiculous really.

Cool, thanks man. I'd really like to know whats going on. Is it because I bankrupted my last team? :(

NZTailender

ash chaulk said:
how many teams have you bankrupted?

The first was ages ago and I had no idea what I was doing or how Battrick worked really (as in, having a balanced amonut of coaches and stuff). Slowly went bankrupt from having (I think) too many staff.

The second time I was up late at night and got really frustrated with my **** team and decided to deliberately bankrupt it so I could get myself a new team. Stupid move, and I had to wait 7 weeks before signing up again. Can't excuse that because it was really dumb and I regret it heaps. Waiting the 7 weeks to re-sign up has made me appreciate Battrick mroe and I really want a team. The irony.

Can't really blame the Battrick mod's if they're less than enthusiastic about giving me a new team.

Last edited:

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Adamc said:
What bowling orders does he use for his NT bowler? Could be problematic if he runs through your top order as you don't really have anyone after the first five, might be worth putting one of your batsmen a little lower in case you collapse.

I reckon you should buy yourself a proper WK/batsman as well. :p
Of late he's been B3 in sets of 5. Who do you suggest i move and to where? Ive been looking on the market for the wk/bat and an alrounder but cant find any to buy, i wouldnt mind buying a guy like this:

Robin Reed (853247)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: G'hd XI
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 8,811
Wages: £774 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

But i just dont have the nets to train anyone else at the moment.

ash chaulk

International Captain
NZTailender said:

The first was ages ago and I had no idea what I was doing or how Battrick worked really (as in, having a balanced amonut of coaches and stuff). Slowly went bankrupt from having (I think) too many staff.

The second time I was up late at night and got really frustrated with my **** team and decided to deliberately bankrupt it so I could get myself a new team. Stupid move, and I had to wait 7 weeks before signing up again. Can't excuse that because it was really dumb and I regret it heaps. Waiting the 7 weeks to re-sign up has made me appreciate Battrick mroe and I really want a team. The irony.

Can't really blame the Battrick mod's if they're less than enthusiastic about giving me a new team.
lol you must be on the DO NOT HIRE THIS MAN list

Status
Not open for further replies.