• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jungle Jumbo said:
I can put out a second XI of similar standards to your side, Scaly. I'm up for a 2nd XI bash if you want.
Yea sure, challenge away. Appleby will make up the numbers if necessary.

nibbs

International Captain
Lee receives 1 bowling net, and will do until he reaches sensational, which should happen I think within the next 4-5 weeks.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
Code:
	       Age  BTR    Batting      Bowling      Wicketkeeping
Fry            23    9704  Proficient 
Lennon         22   16476  Superb 
Duggan         20   52899  Wonderful
Waddell        20   30401  Remarkable
Hamshaw* (LFM) 23   35706  Quality      Proficient
Willetts       22    4584  Respectable
Wheat+         23   15998  Competent                 Strong
Vermaak (RS)   18   16680  Respectable  Superb
Sweeney (RF)   20   20163  Woeful       Superb
Lee (LS)       23   51988  Abysmal      Exceptional 
Mutasa (RF)    22   13289  Abysmal      Strong
Duggan is defnitely my superstar. After that Lee would be consider number #2. He has been very good, except for the last two games, where he was found out of his depth against some very good batsmen. We lack real bowling strength, but I am hoping to change this very soon

As for a second xi, i've only got 17 players.

Code:
	       Age  BTR    Batting      Bowling      Wicketkeeping
Cuss           24    3573  Competent
Livermore      31    2414  Mediorce     Feeble
Bruce          31    2544  Feeble   
Hindle         29    3184  Woeful                      Mediocre
Jabulile       22    2352  Abysmal      Competent
Henshaw        30    7133  Abysmal      Respectable
Henshaw probably sees more game time than Vermaak at the moment, including 10 matches (87 career) this season to Vermaak's 5, but for primary reasons, I opt to put Vermaak into the 1st xi. Cuss also has 75 games under his belt, but with the plans for bringing a new trainee in next season, his quest to reach 100 will probably take longer than he initially anticipated

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
Thought id do one too

Code:
Player         Age  BTR       Batting        Bowling             WK
Elvins           21   52203    Strong 
[B]Wainwright*[/B]   30  16752    Proficient     Competent
Blewitt          23  10952    Competent                   
Nash             22  12647    Proficient     
Stevens         18   25424   Mediocre       Superb
Kenna           29    9592    Competent
Batt              18    7567    Competent     Respectable  
Berry+           21  26820    Mediocre                             Strong
Fleming         21  19252     Abysmal       Mediocre
Beevers         26   8728      Woeful          Proficient
Oneil             22 10642      Abysmal      Proficient
2nd XI (mainly all duds from YP)

Code:
Player            Age   BTR     Batting     Bowling      WK
Derbyshire      18    3016       Mediocre 
Goldbourne     26   3836      Mediocre
Henry             17   1721         Mediocre                   
Ryno              17   1671       Worthless     Feeble

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Code:
                Age   BTR     Batting     Bowling     Wicketkeeping
Wight           20    17022   Strong
Woodward        22    15910   Superb
Mansfield       21    27206   Superb
Tucker          19    31407   Remarkable
Disley          18    11849   Proficient
Thorn (RS)      26    6180    Mediocre    Respectable
Wilkey+         26    6581    Mediocre                 Respectable
Giles (LF)      18    8745    Worthless   Strong
Lovegrove (LS)  20    81348   Woeful      Sensational
Causon* (LM)    20    23247   Worthless   Superb
Unsworth (LM)   22    19863   Abysmal     Superb
Am happy with the squad apart from Thorn and Wilkey. Am trying to replace them but cant find anyone on the TM. Disley,Tucker and Giles will all be great players for the club with continued training. Unsworth is a proven performer with 201 wickets while he is closely followed by former Australian U19 player Lovegrove who sits on 166.

Squad Fillers
Code:
                Age   BTR     Batting     Bowling 
Corcoran        21    5796    Respectable
Craddock        20    3601    Respectable
Cunningham      27    6496                Strong
Hibbert         31    2361    Respectable
Rock            25    7248    Mediocre    Competent

Last edited:

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Need some help with my game against the nat managers team Beechboro Titans. He doesnt seem to have much in the bowling ranks besides Stanton, who he may rest because of the nat games. Of late he has been batting his better players in the middle of the order so i was thinking i should move Lovers to bowl 3, Causon to 5 have Giles open with Unsworth and Thorn B5.

Thoughts and suggest?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Yea sure, challenge away. Appleby will make up the numbers if necessary.
I've gone with this side. It's a sort of 50/50 between my true 1st and 2nd XIs.

Code:
		Rating		Batting		Bowling		Keeping
R Islam		6907		Proficient
R Bibi		3240		Competent
N Ahmed		5962		Competent
M Ahmed		6058		Competent
F Lal		5084		Mediocre
R Chanderpaul	3105		Mediocre
A de Mel	7730		Woeful				Competent
S Stannage	4004		Woeful		Competent
G Ghandi	4313		Abysmal		Competent
S Hitish	5748		Worthless	Competent
W Beckwith	4395		Worthless	Competent

PY

International Coach
Just had another respectable 17yo with wages over £1k stolen off me at the death.

That one was only 357k though. Think I may just keep the 2 nets and try make a gun all-rounder out of Mamello.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well everyone seems to be doing it, so here is my first and the reserves:

Code:
Player	                 BT	Age	Batting	       Bowling	     Keeping
Jason Quintin	         7569	18	Proficient		
Doug Clayton	        18611	19	Strong		             Superb
Hamid Ellis	        10036	19	Strong		
Marc Ferrier	        11890	19	Strong		
Sasrutha Muralitharan	12587	18	Proficient	Proficient	
Hasar Obeysekera         8692	20	Respectable	Competent	
Phil Nurse	         5930	28	Respectable		
Eddie Allison	         6872	23	Respectable		     Mediorce
Anton Baptiste	         4489	27	Abysmal	        Respectable	
Tristan Dowdall	         7481	23	Worthless	Proficient	
Prsanna Jeithoon	 6385	17	Abysmal	        Proficient
Res:

Code:
Player	                BT	Age	Batting	        Bowling
Tenura Girubaharan	7579	22	Mediorce	Feeble
Geoff Kinsella	        5576	21	Abysmal	        Respectable
Kevith Priyantha	8322	25	Worthless	Competent
Slowly getting to a decent level, im starting to take Nooga advice he gave me last season and only spend money if i really need to. But im tempted to buy another proficient plus bowler, as my bowling is falling behind my batting. I think by next season i will be relying very heavy on Muralitharan, Jeithoon and Dowdall. This season its all been Dowdall with the other two side finding their feet. I think i might wait to the end of the season and see where Jeithoon finishes up and the standard of my OD league next season.

Scaly piscine

PY said:
Just had another respectable 17yo with wages over £1k stolen off me at the death.

That one was only 357k though. Think I may just keep the 2 nets and try make a gun all-rounder out of Mamello.
Why'd you stop bidding then?

You'll hardly get anyone like that without a bit of hassle.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Listed Symon and Subasinghe for 175k and 195k respectively. Crabb up for a hopeful 735k as well, probably won't sell as people seem to be scared off by old players.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't mind bowlers with poor consistency, never really noticed it making much of a difference. Batsmen with poor concentration are pretty useless though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Listed Symon and Subasinghe for 175k and 195k respectively. Crabb up for a hopeful 735k as well, probably won't sell as people seem to be scared off by old players.
Might keep an eye on Subasinghe, could do with another Asterix XI reject. Also another Sri Lankan would keep the fans happy. A little bit worried about his low consistency, but if he can take 19 wkts @ 21 playing in D1, it can't have that much affect.

Scaly piscine

Well my low consistency bowler Horne (he's superb-feeble at the moment) had similarly good figures given his skills last season (30 wickets @ 16) and is rubbish this season (8 @ 44). All is forgiven tho if he gets Cudworth cheaply on Friday (I'm playing one of those teams that relies practically on one player to score the runs and another guy to score a 40-50)

andyc

Hmmm.. so I've got a league match coming up that I could do with winning. Their batting order, in terms of wages, reads:

6923 (keeper)

Normally, I open with Fernando (RM, resp/comp) and Canning (RFM, remark/prof). However, if I did that, some of Canning's overs would be wasted bowling to his dud opener with wages of 437, rather than the three gun batsmen. Would it be worth keeping him back to B3 (I'm on sets of 5), and letting Norris (resp/med) and Fernando get the bad bat out, so that Canning would definitely get to bowl all his overs to the three good batsmen? Or do you think the advantage gained by an RFM bowler bowling with the new ball (if any) on a flat pitch wouldn't be worth giving up?

Scaly piscine

Bowl Canning as number 2, so he bowls overs during 1-10 and 21-30. I doubt the 437 will hang around too long anyway - his stats say on average he lasts 15-16 balls this season.

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
Why'd you stop bidding then?

You'll hardly get anyone like that without a bit of hassle.
Unfortunately, the BT website went slow on me and I checked my emails while it was loading and when I loaded it the deadline had gone. :(

Nevermind, as I say, if I give the two nets to Mamello then he'll be a proficient batsman, superb bowler with mediocre stamina by the time he turns 19.

Then I'll thinking about just carrying on going one more season until he's a strong-ish bat, remarkable bowl with respectable stamina. What's the most efficient way of getting secondaries up at the moment? Wk net or fielding?

Status
Not open for further replies.