• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah better to buy a trainee spend 50 k to get a half decent one as no pint spending 40 k less to lose a level of batting or something.

I know your finances are alright and 50-70 k won't hurt look for a Med/Med bat with at least Med keep and Med Stamina.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
But it still is the best system I would think?

Seeming you cannot change your ground every week according to what the weather is going to be?
No, I didn't suggest that.

Incidentally, I sold out two sections of my ground on Friday:

Attendance: 41327
Standing: 18900
Sitting: 16392
Covered Seats: 4620
Members area: 1415

Might upgrade to 50k if I win this Friday. NorCricket is already pulling crowds close to that.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
This has been changed, the ratios seem to vary according to the weather now.
Granted, but the old ratio is still the baseline, is it not? The stadium calculator everyone uses certainly still aims to get the 45:40:11:4 ratio.

I s'pose the only reason your stadium would need to take in to account weather variations would be if the weather varies regionally, which I don't think it does, does it? I'd be well impressed if it does. :D

Edit: sweet zombie Jesus that's a fricking big crowd you have...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
As I said to Rodgie, I wasn't suggesting changing the ratio, I was merely pointing out that that information is no longer accurate. As for why the stadium calculators etc. haven't been changed, it's probably because no one's bothered to find out what the 'new' ratios are. I'd say it's probable that there is in fact a better ratio to use, but no, I can't be bothered working it out either.

As I said to Rodgie, I wasn't suggesting changing the ratio, I was merely pointing out that that information is no longer accurate. As for why the stadium calculators etc. haven't been changed, it's probably because no one's bothered to find out what the 'new' ratios are. I'd say it's probable that there is in fact a better ratio to use, but no, I can't be bothered working it out either.
Scaly :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 33: 172-3, runrate=5.21
Wilkshire	7-0-31-0
Munroe*	75 (87 balls)
Heads	59 (74 balls)
Hook took all three. I need 350 to really to make a game of it, which basically means Munroe needs 150ish.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Sorry, I was gabbling a bit. Basically the crowd turns up in (almost) precisely the following ratio: 45% standing, 40% seated, 11% covered, 4% members. The game works out the attendance depending on how popular you are, divides it by those ratios into who sits where, and then if you don't have enough of any individual seat type, those supporters just bugger off.

So your initial stadium has waaaay too much standing room, and not enough of anything else (particularly covered seats, obviously). You've sold out everything but the standing room, but you can use that number to work out what the attendances would have been if you'd had a big enough stadium. You'd have got around an 8,500 attendance at your last match if you'd had room.

Basically, if I were you I'd increase the seated, covered and members areas to something like the numbers in my post + 20% or so to allow for growth (assuming you don't expect to go on a losing spree). But I wouldn't lower the standing room to the "correct" ratio (as the stadium calculator might tell you to do). It's really cheap to maintain, and gives you a very good idea of when's the right time to upgrade.

Is that a bit clearer? I get the impression I'm not explaining it very well. :)

(also being as new to this as you, I may be giving completely **** advice, so one of the old hands may want to butt in...)

Nah, I get it now! So 8500-8700 new capacity would be a good upgrade?

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Code:
End of Over 33: 172-3, runrate=5.21
Wilkshire	7-0-31-0
Munroe*	75 (87 balls)
Heads	59 (74 balls)
Hook took all three. I need 350 to really to make a game of it, which basically means Munroe needs 150ish.
Disapointing to let you slip away hopefully Hogg comes back and takes a few.

End of Over 50: 335-4, runrate=6.70
Braniff 10-0-64-0
Nevin* 15 (6 balls)
Pollard 57 (48 balls)

Last Wicket: Jefferson lbw b. Poke 0 (FOW: 313/4)

Just piled on a huge score against Dwyer with both Coates and Paris scoring hundreds game not over yet though Dwyer has a decent Top Order.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 15: 81-1, runrate=5.40, reqrunrate=6.09 (293-5)
Seneviratne 3-1-9-0
Darryl* 16 (35 balls)
Bertos 50 (43 balls)

Need a big century from Bertos.

End of Over 16: 109-1, runrate=6.81, reqrunrate=6.68 (335-4)
Mee 3-0-19-0
Hocking* 78 (47 balls)
Hiller 28 (43 balls)

Last Wicket: Gravey lbw b. Colley 3 (FOW: 11/1)

Hocking has launched some unbeleivable tirade on my bowlers.

End of Over 30: 187-2, runrate=6.23, reqrunrate=7.45 (335-4)
Hinshelwood 5-0-30-1
Maughan* 5 (8 balls)
Hocking 110 (83 balls)

Last Wicket: Hiller c. Coates b. Hinshelwood 67 (FOW: 178/2)

Getting very close here Hocking could decide the match.

ash chaulk

International Captain
For the 6th time in the cup Viveash bow out in round 4

And that's the end of the match. Pirate Dogs CC won by 75 runs.
Pirate Dogs CC 207-10
Viveash 132-10

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Smashed by Altoz, just quietly. Pretty much as expected. My bowling attack is very ineffective...

Woooooooooo! Beat Dwyer!

Pup 4/335

Coates 111(111)
Paris 109(105)
Pollard 57(48)
Poke 2/59(10)
Wikus 2/60(10)

bobisback 5/326

Hocking 161(125)
Hiller 67(84)
Colley 3/68(10)

bobisback Pup
Top Order: proficient respectable
Middle Order: mediocre mediocre
Lower Order: worthless worthless
Seam Bowling: competent competent
Spin Bowling: respectable feeble
Fielding: woeful abysmal

MOTM: Coates
Love the choice of MOM! Absolutely outstanding Innings from Hocking but Paris and Coates one the game for me where as Hocking got out at an absolute crucial time!

Tough day for the bowlers and a very good day to test myself as Dwyer's ratings are better than my main rivals in my league who were expected to come 1st or 2nd this year but I am coming first :)

Overall proud day in Pup CC's history!

Status
Not open for further replies.