• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Munawwar Hasham - 18 yo, BT Rating=13,095
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Sarwar Shahid - 18 yo, BT Rating=9,491
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Fairly average haul.

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Hahaha, look at that bowling attack! Perfectly balanced, I dare say - are you planning on training the rest up to remarkable+?
Thanks - one's destructive, one attacking, one steady and two cautious! I basically lack a defensive medium-pacer.

I'll probably stop their training at these primary levels:

John (currently 21yo) - Exceptional, maybe Sensational
Brooker (22) - Remarkable
Hirst (22) - Remarkable
Gibb (20) - Exceptional
Verma (20) - Wonderful

Hard to say for Gibb and Verma, as they're both very much long term plans. Once players get into their mid-20s, I may also start giving them the odd fielding net.

Also, I remember reading that you thought W/K was only influenced by wicket keeping and consistency - I'm 99% sure that it takes w/k, conc, cons and fielding into account, maybe something like 70-12-12-6 split.
Not quite - I do reckon fielding and stamina play a part, but not concentration. I've got no data to back it all up, though.

PY

International Coach
Err... why does CW keep saying there's a new post in here and then I look and there's nothing...
Yeah I had problems getting onto the 82nd page, I'd click on it then it'd take me to Rob's last post as it's the last one on page 81. :wacko:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Err... why does CW keep saying there's a new post in here and then I look and there's nothing...
Because, for some reason, it didn't like my last post.

Fortunately, I kept a copy of the text, so posted again...and now it's only gone and registered both of them.

Stupid CW.

I'll delete one now...

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Btw I've currently got £130,000 in the bank and it should be £140,000 by the end of the week. How much should I invest in ITS?

I didn't invest in any initially due to spending money on trainees and the lack of matches meaning a lack of disposable income... is it worth it now?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Btw I've currently got £130,000 in the bank and it should be £140,000 by the end of the week. How much should I invest in ITS?

I didn't invest in any initially due to spending money on trainees and the lack of matches meaning a lack of disposable income... is it worth it now?
I presume your academy condition is fairly crappy? So probably not. I'd leave a few quid to round out your stadium at some point. Because you alternate home/away matches you'll have to upgrade just after one of your home games (if you're ground is under construction when you have a home game you'll get a terrible attendance).You'll probably win all your games this season and so you'll see your attendances go up quite dramatically in the space of a few games.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Four good pops:

Fitz Watkins - 22 yo, BT Rating=141,858
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: strong

Junior Harewood - 18 yo, BT Rating=22,100
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: superb Consistency: respectable
Fielding: superb

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I presume your academy condition is fairly crappy? So probably not. I'd leave a few quid to round out your stadium at some point. Because you alternate home/away matches you'll have to upgrade just after one of your home games (if you're ground is under construction when you have a home game you'll get a terrible attendance).You'll probably win all your games this season and so you'll see your attendances go up quite dramatically in the space of a few games.
Ok thanks Scaly, I'll upgrade in a few weeks then.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
A few stamina pops.

Avery Elsegood - 22 yo, BT Rating=46,310
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: quality
Bowling: strong Consistency: quality
Fielding: respectable

Glen Ricketts - 22 yo, BT Rating=14,489
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: strong
Fielding: abysmal

George Bignot - 19 yo, BT Rating=10,463
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Lost my league game because I forgot to select my lineup so it used the one I'd used in my last friendly match. Just have to win all my matches for the rest of the season now.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not quite - I do reckon fielding and stamina play a part, but not concentration. I've got no data to back it all up, though.
From the rules:
Concentration - This is an important skill for batsmen. The importance of this will be larger for First Class games than for one day games, although it is valuable in both forms of the game. A batsman may be very well endowed in batting skill, but if he can't concentrate then he is likely to make a silly mistake and get out earlier than he would have otherwise. It also has an effect on a individuals fielding and wicketkeeping ability; you need to stay alert in the field or risk missing that chance for a catch!

nibbs

International Captain
4 pops my way.

James Vermaak - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,801
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

Tel Lee - 24 yo, BT Rating=55,608
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and competent experience.
Batting: abysmal Concentration: competent
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: quality
Fielding: strong

Jason Duggan - 21 yo, BT Rating=78,065
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: woeful Consistency: superb
Fielding: proficient

For the rest of the season I'm seriously considering giving Vermaak 1 fielding net plus a wicketkeeping net to go on top of his bowling net. Now I've been told by what I consider to a very a reliable source that this would mean his consistency would once every 4 weeks. Can anyone confirm this? I'd train him for the entirety of this season before scaling him back to 1 bowling and 1 fielding net next season.

Lee is 1, at the most 2, weeks from sensational bowling, this I am dam sure of ffs. I know now that the guy I purchased him from was full of lies when he quoted me the likely distance he was from reaching sensational.

Duggan is 4 weeks away from Sensational batting. His training is running along very smoothly. Not only that, but he is a fantastic crickter, and a genuine allround good guy. AdamC, if you've read this far into my post, could you inform me whether of not you're still training Watkins in batting?

Elsewhere, Waddell should pop to Wonderful batting next week. Whoa-Yeah! Also by the looks, Mal has the best team at CricketWeb. A team that could probably compete in the State Sheild (I.1) in NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.