• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
I'm not sure this is move related, the move wasn't due to start until 10am BT time I don't believe. Because I was looking at bargains to snap up just before the downtime. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd imagine that the deadlines would get pushed back a bit so that that sort of thing wouldn't happen.
The news item suggested that they wouldn't be changed - hence I spent a fair bit of time searching the market for players due to expire while the site was down ;)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, the downtime wasn't even the server move - it's in 2 hours, and will be down for about 4 hours apparently. Anyway, my YP -

ITS - 11 stamina, 12 bat, 12 conc

Scott Chaudry (1075205)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Anchormen
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 4,651
Wages: £598 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Well, at least he's as good as he could've been. Scaly, any idea how close he is to Resp? I imagine he's a little over halfway.

Also, kurt, you won your game by 9 wickets. Mutasa took 5/42, Lee 2/37, Duggan made 117* and Waddell 73*.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally got a 220k bid on my YP, was worried he'd fail to sell again. Looks like the transfer deadlines didn't get extended, so anyone who was fortunate enough to be able to log in might have found some bargains.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
As YPs go, would a respectable batsman with competent stamina but worthless concentration ever turn out to be anything decent, with nets? Or would you be better off with someone that had poorer batting and stamina but a half-decent secondary?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Comprehensive victory over last years 2nd place team in my League match yesterday.

Stroud continued his solid start to the year with 164(148) as Clapo's XI made 3-339. Ludlow & O'Rourke also managed to make half centuries.

Then it was Meyers turn to cut loose, taking 8-24 from his opening 7 over spell as we knocked them over for just 53.

Ratings pretty much tell the story.... can see it being much the same all season :mellow:

Code:
competent woeful 
Middle Order: mediocre abysmal 
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal 
Seam Bowling: competent abysmal 
Spin Bowling: useless useless 
Fielding: abysmal woeful 

MOTM: Stroud
Crap YP as well

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
easy peacy win, very happy with my young gun August scoring some lower order runs :)
pitty Osman failed hugely and went 1st ball, **** happens.

now hoping to win this league, doesn't look like a strong one, so who knows maybe VCC returns to III next year....
would be fun :)

PY

International Coach
Place your bets here how many separate problems there will be when the server comes back online? :p

nibbs

International Captain
Also, kurt, you won your game by 9 wickets. Mutasa took 5/42, Lee 2/37, Duggan made 117* and Waddell 73*.
Cheers dude. So a victory over the side that relegated from I.1. Thats a nice start. Duggan with his 18th career 100, whilst Mutasa continues to enoy div II life despite being a rather modest strong/respectable bowler. :wub: :wub:

I'm just dam curious as to how we're going to fear when Zykm (their team name is longer, it is just spelt weird and its not possible to recall), and Napier come to town. Zykm is certainly the side that I fear most now. The rest of the division don't really pose much of a threat

Scaly piscine

Haha, the downtime wasn't even the server move - it's in 2 hours, and will be down for about 4 hours apparently. Anyway, my YP -

ITS - 11 stamina, 12 bat, 12 conc

Scott Chaudry (1075205)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Anchormen
Battrick Rating: 4,651
Wages: £598 p/w
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Well, at least he's as good as he could've been. Scaly, any idea how close he is to Resp? I imagine he's a little over halfway.

Halfway at best if the respectable concentration is bottom of the level. If the respectable concentration pops straight off then he'll be virtually bottom of the level for batting.

Scaly piscine

And completely and utterly screwed for the third week running:

Pat Pryor (1076299)
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A cautious player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 2,626
Wages: £435 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre

andyc

Okay, my last ITS YP for a while. I went 12 bowl, 10 stamina, 8 cons and 5 bat. Really, really, really wanted a trainee.

Barry Gregory (1077352)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Battrick Rating: 3,948
Wages: £433 p/w
Batting: feeble Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Gutted. Would've been a semi decent bat with the right ITS.

Edit: By the way, any thoughts on my keeper situation? Sooner or later I'm going to be selling Parr, as I'm training Terry into a keeper that can actually bat. Should I sell Parr now or wait till Terry gets a little better?

Andrew Parr - 21 yo, BT Rating=13,844
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: feeble Concentration: strong
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: abysmal

Charlie Terry - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,176
RH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just had a look around my league at the new sides that got promoted. Got a few competitive sides coming through, mainly just competent and mediocre ratings, but atleast they should be able to get 200 odd against us and give us somewhat of a match. Should be able to beat them all on TIE, but its nice to see Div III Sri Lanka become a little bit more interesting.

Just noticed that Clayton got his HS of 83 last game in a league/cup match. His got a hundred against the VIpers in a friendly, but hasn't had one in league match. With a few more half decent sides, that might bat out the 50 overs against a 2nd string attack. I think i might bat 1st a bit more often and try and get Clayton and Quintin to get a few more hundreds. Also it might help me bat sides out of the game, as most of their batting line ups are on par with my 2nd string bowling attack.

Also i would sell Parr while his still 21yo, you never know someone might want to train him.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Listed for 50k.

Shane Nunens (1077494)
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Asterix XI
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 2,579
Wages: £485 p/w
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.