• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
TIEing my cup game today. Should be able to win it - my opponent got superb/resp batting and resp/resp bowling in their last cup match. On a cracked pitch though so there's the possibility that my batsmen might collapse as they've been prone to do this season.

Edit: run out in the third over. New batsman looks to be a remarkable with good secondaries.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Two wickets in Whitehorne's first over...think it's the first time he's taken two wickets in an over when not bowling in the death overs (for my team anyway). Timely wickets though, was getting a bit worried about their run rate.

End of Over 16: 76-3, runrate=4.75
Whitehorne 1-0-2-2
Dunfield* 43 (40 balls)
Bannister 2 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Mathers c. Ashton b. Whitehorne 0 (FOW: 74/3)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm I figure the way the scorecards are displaying that they must have loads of huge tabbed spaces in from non-IE web browsers when you copy them across.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
End of Over 38: 178-3, runrate=4.68
Crabb	9-0-51-0
Dunfield*	91 (109 balls)
Bannister	53 (65 balls)
100 partnership up for Collins' opponents. Imminent collapse to come shortly.

EDIT: Just noticed Watkins conversion rate. Career stats of 4 50's and 14 100's. Solid.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Code:
End of Over 38: 178-3, runrate=4.68
Crabb	9-0-51-0
Dunfield*	91 (109 balls)
Bannister	53 (65 balls)
100 partnership up for Collins' opponents. Imminent collapse to come shortly.

EDIT: Just noticed Watkins conversion rate. Career stats of 4 50's and 14 100's. Solid.
42.3 W Whitehorne to Hanson
Going, going, gone... those bails wobbled for some time before falling to the ground.
42.2 W Whitehorne to Cuss
Cuss is beaten by the flight, there's an appeal....and he's out! Ashton had the bails off in a flash and the square leg umpire had no hesitation.
42.1 W Whitehorne to Dunfield
Whitehorne, Ashton and Malik appeal till their faces go purple! Slowly but surely, the finger goes up.

:thumbsup:

Scaly piscine

Meh I'm pretty sure most of the run outs if not all of them are generated from the bowler versus batsman calculation/generation. So it generates the wicket from that and it then generates the dismissal type, every so often it's a runout. So in short Whitehorne pretty much got 8 wickets.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
171-2 to 197 all out, including Watkins and Ashton. AI is basically non-existent. The best of their bowlers was a superb with ordinary secondaries. Meh, that's my season ****ed then, will spend the rest of it holding out for a 5th place playoff I guess.

Seriously.
Code:
	[B]Cow Shot Corner XI 	Asterix XI[/B]
Top Order: 	superb  	sensational
Middle Order: 	respectable 	competent
Lower Order: 	worthless 	woeful
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	proficient
Spin Bowling: 	proficient 	exquisite
Fielding: 	woeful  	feeble

Scaly piscine

I'm posting on a thread called "Collapses - hate to have another moan but..." in the England sledging board and mentioning the collapses in Adam's game. We need as many people complaining about these collapses as possible if we want anything to happen about them. No good just complaining on here.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm assuming that it's not going to be fixed any time soon, so I'll most likely buy another batsman in the next few weeks. Probably in the 1.5-2m range. Was really hoping to get a bowler, but seems like batting is a more urgent need now going by my last two games.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AussieDominance said:
I usually get that rating except maybe the Spin Bowling Drops a level on TIE! so it's 7 Levels if you think your so good
Well you clearly think you're good when your team's not.

Scaly piscine

Hmmm just got this guy for 34k:

3. Farasat Lanewalla (55349)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Suttay Jutt
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 4,747
Wages: £1,025 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

High respectable as well... kinda bemused that I got him for practically nothing. Will do as a number 8 or something against good bowling teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.