• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
WK nets pop the secondaries by themselves I think. That's why you won't find many very good keepers without decent primaries as well. i.e. Gray for Bobby ('tinho) and Armstrong (?) for SP and Ashton with Adam.
I like to buck that trend:

Doug Clayton - 20 yo, BT Rating=21,764
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: superb Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Mind you his not that good and hasn't be given a keeping net for a year after he popped to superb. Also he started at worthless secondaries, was like 3rd player i ever brought, before i noticed how big an impact secondaries have.

ash chaulk

International Captain
hahhaa you should see my keeper

Pete Berry - 22 yo, BT Rating=30,908
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: mediocre Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: feeble Consistency: proficient
Fielding: abysmal

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
whats everyone's 2nd round cup matches like???

I'm considering GFI for mine. My opponents ratings are very very similar to mine (Comp/Med batting & Comp/Med Bowling), and with my League games looking like being a breeze, i might as well go hard at it in the cup.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
		diva		bobisback
Top Order: 	remarkable	respectable
Middle Order: 	competent	feeble
Lower Order: 	worthless	worthless	
Seam Bowling: 	feeble		mediocre
Spin Bowling: 	competent	respectable
Fielding: 	feeble		woeful
Up against diva next round, they have a huge advantage with thei batting, and my bowling is only just better then his, so i assume a loss, might GFI it, or atleast PAN, any suggestions?

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Up against diva next round, they have a huge advantage with thei batting, and my bowling is only just better then his, so i assume a loss, might GFI it, or atleast PAN, any suggestions?
Check to see whether they've got a superstar in the top order, or just generally good players. If the former, you might have a chance if you can come up with a bowler-friendly pitch.

nibbs

International Captain
i find it best to play to your strengths unless your opponents strengths are better than your own. in that case you should find a way to minimise their strengths, so that the game is fought out on a more even playing field. at least i work this theory with regards to the way i go about setting my pitch.

Scaly piscine

Code:
		diva		bobisback
Top Order: 	remarkable	respectable
Middle Order: 	competent	feeble
Lower Order: 	worthless	worthless	
Seam Bowling: 	feeble		mediocre
Spin Bowling: 	competent	respectable
Fielding: 	feeble		woeful
Depends on how many spinners you each have, you'll both probably hammer each others seam bowling so it is fairly winnable.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
8269 according to the formula.
Hmm, how close is Munroe then? His seconds couldn't contribute too much, they're pretty poor. He's had one net each week since the wages update. I'm guessing about 9 weeks? I dunno, I should pay more attention.

Code:
5. Alex Munroe (510606)
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For:	Central Districts
Nationality:	Australia
BTR:		22,356 (+367)
Wages:		£7,274 p/w
Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: 	quality 	Concentration: 	respectable
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	woeful

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hahaha, just got into my first high-stakes bidding war - on Matt Conn :cool: Saw him sitting there at £6.6m, though I'd just throw a precautionary bid out there. Ended up raising it to £7m before I headed for the hills (which, tbh, was always going to happen). I still think that £7.1m is a good price for him, going by current standards anyway.

Scaly piscine

Hmm, how close is Munroe then? His seconds couldn't contribute too much, they're pretty poor. He's had one net each week since the wages update. I'm guessing about 9 weeks? I dunno, I should pay more attention.

Code:
5. Alex Munroe (510606)
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For:	Central Districts
Nationality:	Australia
BTR:		22,356 (+367)
Wages:		£7,274 p/w
Stamina: 	mediocre 	Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: 	quality 	Concentration: 	respectable
Bowling: 	worthless 	Consistency: 	respectable
Fielding: 	woeful
The secondaries will contribute a couple hundred or so to the wage. Should be remarkable within a month anyway.

Scaly piscine

Hahaha, just got into my first high-stakes bidding war - on Matt Conn :cool: Saw him sitting there at £6.6m, though I'd just throw a precautionary bid out there. Ended up raising it to £7m before I headed for the hills (which, tbh, was always going to happen). I still think that £7.1m is a good price for him, going by current standards anyway.
That's the spirit, when someone else is bidding give up - especially if it's me. So who's going to bid on Horne? Wish I'd listed him a bit lower now seeing how the market is cooling off a bit.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Current Balance: £4,394,044
Projected balance at next Update: £7,822,317

Haha, nice. A bit worried about going into Friday's game effectively 1 batsman and 1 bowler short (Rayno & Johnston), but later on Friday I will hopefully be picking up Ashley Black, so I'll have a full strength side for my Cup game (which I'm going to TIE, but you can never be too sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.