• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoMojo

Cricket Spectator
Just listed Horne for 3.7m in case anyone cares:

Ben Horne (792092)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Scaly Piscine CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 18,837
Wages: £6,311 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: quality Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Dunno if he'll sell at that or not.
Anyone with a spare 3.53m?

PY

International Coach
I think (and others may wish to correct me) that WKs benefit from consistency and (to a lesser extent) fielding, so it makes sense to give them a fielding net - this'd increase fielding, cons and conc (which is of course useful for batting).

I'd regard it as a low-priority net, although your guy is starting from Worthless. I've got no experience in training 'keepers though, so maybe someone more knowledgeable will step in and correct me...
WK nets pop the secondaries by themselves I think. That's why you won't find many very good keepers without decent primaries as well. i.e. Gray for Bobby ('tinho) and Armstrong (?) for SP and Ashton with Adam.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
WK nets pop the secondaries by themselves I think. That's why you won't find many very good keepers without decent primaries as well. i.e. Gray for Bobby ('tinho) and Armstrong (?) for SP and Ashton with Adam.
Does a WK net give increases in both conc and cons? I thought it'd just be consistency.

Either way, my point was (probably) more about a fielding net being less "wasted" on a WK or all-rounder than it would on a pure batsman/bowler - who wouldn't get any use out of the cons/conc improvements, respectively.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does a WK net give increases in both conc and cons? I thought it'd just be consistency.

Either way, my point was (probably) more about a fielding net being less "wasted" on a WK or all-rounder than it would on a pure batsman/bowler - who wouldn't get any use out of the cons/conc improvements, respectively.
Yes they increase both, wicket-keeping gives the same secondary pops as fielding.

David Armstrong - 21 yo, BT Rating=91,627
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: superb Concentration: miraculous
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: mediocre

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I've just had my first real BT bidding war!

Nathan Gowland (80557)
22yo, cautious, strong leadership, woeful exp
BTR 25,594
Wages £2.908
Competent stamina
Respectable batting
Wonderful concentration

He eventually went for £1,224,001 to Chelsski Sloggers - I was definitely going no higher than £1.2M for him.

What do people think of him? Adam must like him, seeing that he bid £875k

I was after him as either an opener or middle-order bat who could stick around a bit.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Nathan Gowland (80557)
BTR 25,594
Wages £2.908
Competent stamina
Respectable batting
Wonderful concentration

He eventually went for £1,224,001 to Chelsski Sloggers - I was definitely going no higher than £1.2M for him.

I was after him as either an opener or middle-order bat who could stick around a bit.
According to that wage and BTR he must have been trained up to the very bottom of those levels since the wage recalculations. They're equivalent to a strong-respectable or something, but would be more likely to stick around in a high level division than a strong-respectable because of the high concentration. I don't think they're too bad for 1.2m.

People should be saving up to bid on Horne anyway, so I can upgrade to the wonderful that's being sold about the same time...

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
According to that wage and BTR he must have been trained up to the very bottom of those levels since the wage recalculations. They're equivalent to a strong-respectable or something, but would be more likely to stick around in a high level division than a strong-respectable because of the high concentration. I don't think they're too bad for 1.2m.
Pretty much what I thought, but I'm really looking for a slightly older Strong that I can train up to decent Concentration.

People should be saving up to bid on Horne anyway, so I can upgrade to the wonderful that's being sold about the same time...
RFM? Quality / Mediocre?

Wouldn't get into my first XI :cool:

*smug*

nibbs

International Captain
for py; he'll get 1 bat, 1 bowl and 1 field for the rest of this season. he should pop to mediorce consistency next week, but even then, that isn't very high. so i'm still going to consider selling vermaak at the end of this season, but hopefully be then he'll have respectable cons. although, even then these won't be overly flash, so he most likely wouldn't become a bowler to fear until the end of next season.

James Vermaak - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,224
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Battrick said:
Releasing International Players
After a recent discussion the BCB have decided to make an amendment to the rule concerning releasing international players from unmanaged (bot) teams.

From now on, a player is only eligable for release if he has played a minimum of three games for his current international side (i.e. games for the U19's won't count if he's in the full national side).

As before, the person responsible for requesting a release is the current international manager, who must contact us via the Help menu option.
Fight the power, Collins.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year

Nathan Gowland (80557)
BTR 25,594
Wages £2.908
Competent stamina
Respectable batting
Wonderful concentration

Yeah, I was interested but there was little hope I'd actually get him because the deadline was around 5am for me. I'll have about £2.6m at the end of the week, so I can spare about £1m on a middle-order batsman as I only need £1.6m or so to get the 80k interest. I'm probably going to buy a batsman then re-sell him at the end of the season when I've got enough money to buy a proper batsman.

Status
Not open for further replies.