• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
33/3from3.3 said:
Andrew Cloete £35,000 (henry14 cc)
Plays for: Rharfo XI Stamina: competent W/Keeping: mediocre
BT Rating: 4,386 Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Deadline: 24/12/2006 21:38 Fielding: worthless
:laugh::laugh:

Playing PY, he's batting first:

End of Over 19: 89-0, runrate=4.68
Norris 5-0-22-0
Abdul kadir* 35 (56 balls)
Chanderpaul 49 (58 balls)

Canning failing to take any wickets first up, he's on next though so hopefully he'll get a few. Although as I type, Tedstone gets Chanderpaul.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ndebele out in his first ever innings for 59. Captain`s knock. Can`t believe Read got out to your rubbish bowler. :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ARGH, Steyn out. Thomas in total control. My team was awful. Need to fix my bowling, and perhaps batting order.

EDIT: Two mini-collapses. Where were they first innings? :p

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nnanden said:
ARGH, Steyn out. Thomas in total control. My team was awful. Need to fix my bowling, and perhaps batting order.

EDIT: Two mini-collapses. Where were they first innings? :p

I batted my usual openers and number 3 down the order this time, and no collapse. Whereas in other games, after the first 3 have gone the collapse almost always follows.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Positives:
Holmes being an absolute gun.
Read did well again and Ndebele smashed it on debut.
Wicket-keeping of Steyn.
Decent debut by Lake.

Negatives:
Top-order batting. Awful.
Steyn`s batting.
Bowling of Hindle.
Especially the bowling of Clayton.
But most definately the attrocious second spell of Maguire that cost like 50+ runs.

Loss by 69 runs. Played Thomas. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty close stuff between me and Mike.

End of Over 18: 80-4, runrate=4.44, reqrunrate=3.56 (193-10)
Hook 4-0-17-1
Clayton* 10 (14 balls)
Ellis 21 (16 balls)

Last Wicket: Ferrier st. Blower b. Hook 25 (FOW: 60/4)

My 2nd String bowling attack did pretty well in the end to roll them out for 193, i think their was a big collaspe, as they were 4/180 odd when i left for work.

Doesn't look like my experimental opening combination of Obeysekera and the new kid Rosenior worked too well. Got my top best batsmen at the crease now, but Hook is bowling so the next couple overs could decide this match.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
chaminda_00 said:
Pretty close stuff between me and Mike.

End of Over 18: 80-4, runrate=4.44, reqrunrate=3.56 (193-10)
Hook 4-0-17-1
Clayton* 10 (14 balls)
Ellis 21 (16 balls)

Last Wicket: Ferrier st. Blower b. Hook 25 (FOW: 60/4)

My 2nd String bowling attack did pretty well in the end to roll them out for 193, i think their was a big collaspe, as they were 4/180 odd when i left for work.
Btw you got my top batsmen out for a duck which is a bit of a suprise. I think i'll drop him down the ordser as he tends to bat better down the order.
Doesn't look like my experimental opening combination of Obeysekera and the new kid Rosenior worked too well. Got my top best batsmen at the crease now, but Hook is bowling so the next couple overs could decide this match.
yeah tbh prolly shouldnt of played Herbert my gun 17 yr old allrounder as he'll have little impact because his fitness is at low. Need to buy another batsmen to stabalise it.

andyc

andyc said:
Playing PY, he's batting first:

End of Over 19: 89-0, runrate=4.68
Norris 5-0-22-0
Abdul kadir* 35 (56 balls)
Chanderpaul 49 (58 balls)

Canning failing to take any wickets first up, he's on next though so hopefully he'll get a few. Although as I type, Tedstone gets Chanderpaul.
Fernando and Erasmus ended up taking their last 5 wickets in 8 balls, and they were all out for 228. Farmer and Griffin have all made runs for me, and I should win it from here

End of Over 37: 191-3, runrate=5.16, reqrunrate=2.92 (228-10)
Mamello 9-1-60-0
Tedstone* 41 (45 balls)
Canning 14 (14 balls)
Last Wicket: Farmer c. Singh b. Liyanage 59 (FOW: 165/3)

Jungle Jumbo

Still no Twenty20 news :(.

Earlier today:

Zebras 254-4 (50)
A Abdul Kadir 90, R Islam 79
Vindscreen Vipers 258-6 (47.1)
A Carless 111, A Kumar 65; A Subasinghe 3-39

andyc

Wow, I beat PY fairly easily in the end, am quite surprised

Boggles 228 (48.0)
Moodley 61* (66), Chanderpaul 49 (60), Singh 48 (55)
Erasmus 4/47 (9), Norris 2/40 (10), Fernando 2/60 (9)

Magical Ponies 3/229 (43.0)
Tedstone 64* (67), Farmer 59 (102), Griffin 46 (45)
Liyanage 1/24 (6), Malik 1/36 (7), Sekani 1/44 (10)

Boggles Magical Ponies
Top Order: strong competent
Middle Order: feeble respectable
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: competent proficient
Spin Bowling: respectable respectable
Fielding: feeble abysmal
MOTM: Tedstone

Yet another collapse-inspired win. It can't just be a coincidence that Fernando and Erasmus seem to always cause collapses, while they hardly ever happen to me.

Edit: Just to expand on that, in my last 8 games, there's been 5 collapses caused by Fernando and Erasmus: 6/8, 4/0, 4/15, 5/7 (4/1), 5/15 (4/4).

Last edited:

mikeW

Tharmi and i had a nice close match

Victoria Panthers 193 ao

Daryll 98 off 111

Dowdall 5/35

Jaffna Jets 8/194 off 44.3

Clayton 75* (83 balls)
Hook 3/26

but my biggest suprise was i only played Hook as my spinning option when i usually use 2 compsand i pulled a excptional spin rating :-O

Jaffna Jets Victoria Panthers
Top Order: mediocre competent
Middle Order: respectable feeble
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre feeble
Spin Bowling: mediocre exceptional
Fielding: woeful abysmal

thanks for the game tharmi :)

Scaly piscine

Currently 180-2 off 38 overs on a dusty pitch, against nobody in particular. Messed around with my batting order to give some different players a bat after the play-off. Terry doing crap so far considering he's supposed to be an attacking temperament.

Scaly piscine

Rallied a bit to make 274-4, Terry ended up with 56 off 52. Nothing too exciting really.

I posted this on the England sledging board, 20-20 info thread:

If its that bad, why are you playing?

Moaning about it isnt gonna make a difference, Just wait and see for gods sake!
Moaning won't make a difference now no, but it will in future. I'm sick of putting up with this seemingly shoddy apathetic attitude from the relevant highups. If most of the users were American they'd just boycott payment til those people got their finger out, they don't put up with crap. Unfortunately the English do, which is why we live in rip-off Britain, because we just grin and accept the crap end of everything.

I happily paid out £15 about 13-14 months ago, the game is massively superior to that cricket manager tat I played before at the same time (haven't played the new version). But I'm not endorsing the current situation where you've got Allan who won't accept there's a blatant problem with last 10 overs and collapses, the FC that has been delayed countless times despite reassurances and the complete lack of communication whenever there's a delay or problem - as if people aren't going to notice.

It is not good enough.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bardle 3-2-1-4 :D

EDIT: 3.2-2-1-5

Beautiful Spell.

Bardle 4-3-1-5

End of Over 7: 23-5, runrate=3.29, reqrunrate=6.19 (288-3)

EDIT: 8.2 W Bardle to Walton
That was a textbook forward defensive shot by Walton in every way except that he missed the ball which cannoned onto his pad. Plumb.
8.1 W Bardle to Meyer
An inswinger deceives Meyer all ends up and rips out his middle stump.

5-4-1-7 :D:D:D:D

That'll be all for Bardle, gotta give Clapo a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.