• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Also sold Groves for a tidy £168,301 while Nurse went for £7,468. I've made three big buys this season with Sykes, Isaacs and Wigg. One or two more,a gun bat,fast bowler or allrounder, and I'm set to be competitive in Div II I reckon.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
Also sold Groves for a tidy £168,301 while Nurse went for £7,468. I've made three big buys this season with Sykes, Isaacs and Wigg. One or two more,a gun bat,fast bowler or allrounder, and I'm set to be competitive in Div II I reckon.
Any reason why you haven't sold Robbins yet, can't see him doing much in Div II.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
chaminda_00 said:
Any reason why you haven't sold Robbins yet, can't see him doing much in Div II.
I'll be there next season hopefully. Lost my playoff somehow when I had a good shot at it. Thus, he can stick around until i build up enough transfer kitty to replace him.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a solid win to stay up in div I for another season (mixed blessing perhaps). Their gun batsman scored exactly half of the team total of 196, and we chased it down in 39 overs. Malik played to his destructive temperament for once, scoring 52* off 50, and Cuss scored an unbeaten 60-odd. Wickets were shared with Whitehorne taking four.

Opening the innings, Baird scored his first run for Asterix XI in only his fourth innings for the side. He was promptly dismissed two runs later.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, just got a bid of £2.6m for Rayno, which means my bank balance will hit £4.6m once he sells. But it means I have no seamers above respectable :laugh: - I have Payton (resp/resp) and Hignett (comp/woe) so I need to buy a replacement. What are people's thoughts on this guy? Currently at £3.4m.

Franny Gatting (792487)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Kiwi Blitz
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 21,491
Wages: £2,691 p/w
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

I've decided against it for now. It's a good time to be a bowler short - no real need to find one quickly. Waiting for a remarkable-wonderful bowler to crop up... hopefully I have enough.

Last edited:
ha ha Bocaj's player he has like 6 Superb + bowlers so he decided to sell 1 of them.

He really wants this guy.

Alex Irving (445781)
LH Batsman, LF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: 24342626
Battrick Rating: 91,398
Wages: £21,201 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: superb
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: superb
Fielding: superb

Goes off in a few hours.

Quite Gun!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Had a solid win to stay up in div I for another season (mixed blessing perhaps). Their gun batsman scored exactly half of the team total of 196, and we chased it down in 39 overs. Malik played to his destructive temperament for once, scoring 52* off 50, and Cuss scored an unbeaten 60-odd. Wickets were shared with Whitehorne taking four.

Opening the innings, Baird scored his first run for Asterix XI in only his fourth innings for the side. He was promptly dismissed two runs later.
A weak destructive is a walking wicket when opening the batting. You need a negative temperament solid strong/superb to fill the second opening batsman spot. Weaker destructives can do a good job down the order.

I'm still free for a friendly in case anyone wants one.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't really want him as an opener, I just put him there because he hasn't done much batting yet. Probably going to stick with Cuss and Ashton as an opening pair next season.

andyc

YP:

Dwight Goode (1042435)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Magical Ponies
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 1,833
Wages: £295 p/w
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: worthless

Ouch, would've made a nice batsman. Ah well, whatchya gonna do?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Rayno sold for £2.65m :D Which means...

Current Balance: £2,001,333
Projected balance at next Update: £4,522,049

Hahaha, I've been so much better off since I did away with my random urges to buy useless Resps. Here's my transer history since then... only 3 players bought -

Code:
[size=3]Date  	        What  	Who  	         To/From  	    Price  	BT Rating
23/12/2006 	Sold 	Steve Rayno 	 Gooric CC 	    £2,652,001 	15,064
24/10/2006 	Sold 	Geraint Jones 	 Taromeo IX 	    £573,055 	7,773
21/10/2006 	Bought 	Nelson Johnston  ShinyRedBalls 	    £1,500,000 	13,559
26/09/2006 	Sold 	John Lee 	 Overandout 	    £6,000 	3,609
16/09/2006 	Sold 	Fred Dunning 	 dons sas 	    £100,000 	8,471
12/09/2006 	Bought 	Ranjeet Bhutia 	 RµthLëss Wrëckërs  £371,425 	6,499
03/09/2006 	Sold 	Ricky Mclaren 	 Duvos 	            £1,000,000  10,448
22/08/2006 	Sold 	Tim Till 	 Singh Allstars     £102,001 	5,440
18/07/2006 	Sold 	David Stott 	 Wozzer Sloggers XI £1,000 	3,356
27/06/2006 	Sold 	Hamish Appleyard the kennel 	    £75,869 	5,032
21/06/2006 	Sold 	Shaun Bullard 	 LostBoys 	    £50,000 	7,138
20/06/2006 	Bought 	Geraint Jones 	 WHS Invincibles    £106,123 	3,083
18/06/2006 	Sold 	Joe Tebogo 	 DeeAreBees11 	    £71,400 	5,338
23/05/2006 	Sold 	Edwin Nhleko 	 Gibo's Dynamo's    £2,000 	2,144
05/05/2006 	Sold 	Nicolas Musgrove Swoosh 	    £5,001 	4,073[/size]
Players bought: 3
Players sold: 12
Total Players bought: £1,977,548
Total Players sold: £4,638,327
Avg Player Bought: £659,182
Avg Player Sold: £386,527
Balance: +£2,660,779

Scaly piscine

Wish they'd hurry up and sort out the Twenty20 games when they said the fixtures would be up later yesterday or today.

I'm *still* free for a friendly by the way.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Wish they'd hurry up and sort out the Twenty20 games when they said the fixtures would be up later yesterday or today.

I'm *still* free for a friendly by the way.
A bit ridiculous really. They better be up by early-ish tomorrow or I won't be able to set my orders for them.

£5 says that they won't happen on Tuesday.

Luke Stinchcombe (1042753)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Pup
Battrick Rating: 16
Wages: £250 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Fired!

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Nice. With these all-worthless players I get this image of a jellyfish sitting at the crease with a bat on top of it, and a coach prodding it with a stick saying, "you call that a cover drive?"

When I'm not thinking "hey, that's me", that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.