• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
Stamina wall?
Na, just the match engine being generally rubbish in this sort of situation. The guy only going at just ovr 5 an over is low competent... there'll be a flurry shortly and then another drought again.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Scaly piscine said:
Na, just the match engine being generally rubbish in this sort of situation. The guy only going at just ovr 5 an over is low competent... there'll be a flurry shortly and then another drought again.
A reason why I`m a fan of this game. People who are better statistically won`t always perform better, just as happens IRL.

Scaly piscine

He's superb-miraculous, will definitely be trained up to quality which will mean he'll be quality-phenomenal middle of next season.

Scaly piscine

Nnanden said:
A reason why I`m a fan of this game. People who are better statistically won`t always perform better, just as happens IRL.
Of course, but a low competent is like a girl bowling underarm. Slog overs going nicely so far.

Scaly piscine

A round hundred off the last 10, I'd definitely have taken that with Battrick. They've still an outside chance of getting the target of 382 because their top three are so uber and two of them are destructive. Hopefully my bowling is good enough to nick wickets in the first 40 with the pressure of the target. They should collapse spectacularly once I break into their middle order, I've my best bowler bowling 5 of the last 10.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
There was frenzied activity today at Cymru Gurgitaters CG. As the rest of the Christian world unwinds towards the festive season, Chairman Vayro is still busy wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. The Gurs No.1 target is already beginning to get out of reach, with a £1.1M price-tag, and an anticipated transfer kitty of just £1.3M - Although that could all be academic unless there's a bid for Jordan Bennett before the close of business today.

In response to fans' demands to name names, Vayro Said,
"Look, I could stand here and reel off half a dozen names of people who we're looking at, but that doesn't necessarily get us any further forward. Plus as soon as I make it known that I'm interested in X or Y, the price automatically rises - It's the Chelsea Effect. All I will say is that I've had meetings with Neale, (Patel, Captain), to review the season over the last couple of days, and he's told me that we need to strengthen the bowling attack in order to move forward. That's why 'Spliffy' (Jordan Bennett) has been placed on the transfer market. It's got nothing to do with how he's performed this year - in fact he's been one of our better batsmen over the last month - It's simply that we've had to free-up funds in order to tweak the balance of the side."

Vayro also denied that there was a crisis to sign someone before the Christmas Break:

"We have our main target, and we've got two or three others we're keen on. But we'll only sign anyone if they offer significantly more than we already have in the squad, and if they come at the right price.
If I can't satisfy both of those criteria's, then we'll just have to wait until after the break - By which time we'll have had at least one Twenty20 match - So the more of you who turn up, the more we'll be able to invest in the squad."

But with Twenty20 scheduled to start on Boxing Day, how can Vayro's men fair, without settling the bowling question, and potentially missing one of their front-line batsmen?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
He's superb-miraculous, will definitely be trained up to quality which will mean he'll be quality-phenomenal middle of next season.
Solid. What about his stamina & W/K?

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
Solid. What about his stamina & W/K?
David Armstrong - 20 yo, BT Rating=87,359
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, changeable
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: superb Concentration: miraculous
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: mediocre

His stamina is still 2 nets off respectable.

Good start to their innings for me really, kept it under 6 an over which is a minor miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.