Okay Baldrickinho! Pick me a cunning plan out of this lot! Thinking of Bowling Bewers out from the start on Def, in hope that I can bottle up their Gun openers. If I could get a breakthrough, reckon I *might* be in the match. Batting wise, think I'm going to put a few sacrificial lambs on Def up the order, and hope that Staveley and Greening can attack the weaker bowlers in the middle overs. Though that's always dangerous, as collapses seem to gather momentum in BT.
What you reckon? Trev
POTATOHEADS TOP SIX:
1. Lovers - Sup/Sup/Sub. 21YO Steady RH. £13K P/W. BTR 37,562. Wages Suggest a low/mid Rem. Young enough to still be trained, but Sub fitness suggests not heavily, could be Wand by now? Healthy enough BTR, so prob no real secondary deficiencies. Has a season's conversion rate of 3:3, and a career of 17:21, so no obvious Stam issues either.
2. Sura - 20YO LH ATT. Sup/Sup/Sub. £6.5K P/W. BTR 36,484. Started season as lowish Qual, but could be Rem by now, prob no higher as not being trained heavily. Strong BTR, (Esp compared to Greening, (BTR23K) who started season with similar wages - So good secondaries? Conversion rate for season: 6:2, Career: 14:4 - Perhaps a Stam issue? Or maybe Att temperament makes him chance his arm a bit much?
3. Ricketts - 22YO Dest RH. Sup/Sup/Sub. £2K P/W. BTR 14,493. Bog standard Strong - Solid but nowt to lose sleep over. Conversion rate lousy, 4:1 and 15:4.
4. Summer (+) - 22YO ATT Rh. Sup/Sup/Sub. £3.8K P/W. BTR 27,096. Makes it difficult to tell when he's a keeper too, but going on both where he bats, and his keeping record, (which is about the same as my Resp WK), I'd say he's more of a Bat than a WK. Perhaps low Sup Bat/Resp WK? Scores quick, Career S/R 102-ish, but doesn't go on to post big scores, 15:4.
5. Flower. 18YO DEF RH. Sup/Sup/Sub. £1.1K P/W. BTR 21,421. BTR suggests that he's now much higher than start of season, perhaps mid Sup by now? Prob has good Conc, judging by BTR, and pretty consistent. Only scored 2 50s, but averages 54 for season.
6. Oak. (B5) - 17YO Steady RH/RM. Sup/Sup/Sub. £1K P/W. BTR 22,457. Your guess is as good as mine with him, given that A, he's an all-rounder, and B, he's obviously been trained up since start of season. Stats would suggest he leans towards bowling. 81 runs at 27 with the bat, 9 WKTS at 15 with the ball - Though you can get after him a bit, Econ of 4.6. Looking at where he bats, Sup above him, Comp below, I'd hazard a guess he's about Resp, which might make him about Prof Bowl by now?
POTATOHEADS BOWLING - (Sets of Five)
B1 Jagielka - 22YO DEST RFM. Sup/Sup/Sub. £7K P/W. BTR 25,178. Solid middling Qual, unlikely to be too much higher than that by now. Obviously dangerous customer, 46 WKTS at just over 10 for the season.
B2 Sidwell - 22YO ATT LF. Sup/Sup/Sub. £2K P/W. BTR 14,318. Think I can get after him. No more than low Strong. Opens bowling, and has taken 28 wickets at 18, but only one fivefer, and goes for over 4 Econ.
B3 Sutton. 21YO Dest RHS. Sup/Sup/Sub. £3.5K P/W. BTR 27,588. Decent Sup spinner, but bit pricey at 3.9, and S/R not V.Good for Dest, at around 30, with best of 3/4 against a Bot. Don't think he'll cause *That* much trouble, but will be tough.
B4 Skuse. 18YO Steady RF. Sup/Sup/Invig. £1.1K P/W. BTR 11828. Obviously trained hard, prob Sup by now. But not V.Impressive BTR for Sup bowler, suggesting lagging in secondaries. InVIG fittness might point to suspect Stam, struggling to recover from training. OK record, 21 at 23, Econ 4.3 - Reckon we can do a number on him.
B5 Oak (As above)