• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Four

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good stuff Rob. Pretty happy with my group when you consider some of the other teams out there, should hopefully be able to come off with a win or two.

superkingdave said:
looks like a hammering from DCC. Sad Decadent XI will be a close match to decide who gets the second spot. If i managed to lose to pup i'd probably have to consider giving up.
Well I did beat Jamee!:laugh: Dav if you dont beat me you should just quit lol

My Big Match

=

Sad Decadent XI vs Pup

! Nooga ive just given up against you already !

Bobisback

International Regular
What a group, how did i get Central Districts? Was it random, or did you just put us together?

And Adam, you better play a full strength team in the first round, if im gonna lose, i want it to be quick :p

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
IMPORTANT - CHANGE TO FINALS STRUCTURE
There has been a slight change to the fixtures. Beyond the Round of 16, the draw will be randomised, specifically to avoid the possibility of teams throwing games to get an easier draw. They'll be done after previous rounds matches have been completed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just to confirm.

Is it the case that the home team should issue the challenge, post on here to notify that the challenge has been issued, and then if not accepted then the away team forfeits?

The away team is under no obligation to issue challenges, but can do if they feel like it?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Just to confirm.

Is it the case that the home team should issue the challenge, post on here to notify that the challenge has been issued, and then if not accepted then the away team forfeits?

The away team is under no obligation to issue challenges, but can do if they feel like it?
Yep. It'd also be good if the away team could confirm a challenge has been accepted.

Due to Altoz already arranging a friendly this weekend, Roar CC will go straight into the Cup. Good luck.

Last edited:

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Should be comfortably through to the next round, dont see myself having that much trouble if i play my first XI

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Yep. It'd also be good if the away team could confirm a challenge has been accepted.

Due to Altoz already arranging a friendly this weekend, Roar CC will go straight into the Cup. Good luck.
That seems very strange, why can't the away team issue a challenge, its not like we have an even amount of home and away games.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
That seems very strange, why can't the away team issue a challenge, its not like we have an even amount of home and away games.
When did I say the away team is unable to issue a challenge?...

PY

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
There has to be someone who bears the responsibility each game of making the challenge or else it'd be a farce. This is the easiest way of making sure someone is responsible without explicitly having to say it.

Bobisback

International Regular
Sucks that i have to play adam away, the games start way to late in WI :( Even though the match will only last 20 mins.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
If PY and Rob are OK with it we could switch the fixtures so I play at home against PY and away against you. The WI matches are on at a reasonable hour in England I think.

PY

International Coach
Adamc said:
If PY and Rob are OK with it we could switch the fixtures so I play at home against PY and away against you. The WI matches are on at a reasonable hour in England I think.
Fine by me, doubt the pitch'll make much difference. :)