• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Four

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Samuel_Vimes said:
Nowhere really. Just an acquired taste for foreign sports.
And fish, it seems.

PY said:
Less focus of losing and more focus on beating Smith thanks very much. :p
You've got be joking, you could rest half your team and still beat me! I'd be slightly gutted to go out at this stage but Smith won that freak match fair and square so wouldn't be able to complain (in public anyway).
:cool: Pretty sure Dwyer will get up, has a comprehensive record against me.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Strewth, Cameeeeeeel! HOW many players?! :huh:

Okay, technically, 42 of them. A good number, naturally, but why? You do realise that only 11 of them can play at once, don't you?

BTW, Sandwith and John will be rested on Sunday - need them fully refreshed for next Friday's match against my closest III.14 rival. Unless you sneakily change your pitch to dusty by Saturday, that is ;)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
nibbs said:
Withington's depth certainly concerns me.
Yup :) ...but I've got no real superstars, e.g. an Exceptional bowler who can rip through an entire top order, or an Exceptional bat who can withstand the onslaught of such a bowler.

I think that's what got me dumped out of the real cup, admittedly to Cow Corner (a Div I side), but it wasn't even close!

cameeel

International Captain
Mahindinho said:
Strewth, Cameeeeeeel! HOW many players?! :huh:

Okay, technically, 42 of them. A good number, naturally, but why? You do realise that only 11 of them can play at once, don't you?)
Yeah, I never really got around to getting rid of the excess players :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy to have made it through to the next round, though I'd be pretty annoyed if I hadn't tbh. The fact that I'm through also means I can rest Canning and Tedstone for this week's match against Whenuapai, which will be an absolute walkover.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Roger Mcmillan (resp leadership, feeb experience) has been given the captaincy for the top-of-the-table clash between Anchormen and AA for President, the 19-year-old taking over temporarily from club champion Neil Mills (prof leadership, abys experience). It's a massive occasion for the talented youngster, whose allround ability has won him many a heart at the Robertinho Select XI CG :cool: