• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Four

PY

International Coach
The whole thing looks knackered for now.

Just have to wait as the engine appears to have paused somewhere between Australia updates and India updates and all the time based things appear to have been affected.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
PY said:
Just have to wait as the engine appears to have paused somewhere between Australia updates and India updates and all the time based things appear to have been affected.
Some of the moaning on the sledging boards is hilarious. You'd think the admins had violated a nun or something.

Oh, I got challenged by College Dropouts and have accepted, btw.

PY

International Coach
This one is a favourite of mine. :baby:

"I'm at my wits end, this is a serious problem. I'm almost to the point of wishing they'd shut Battrick down like they did just after we started. I had a lot of plans for this week but now they're dashed. Why redo nets? Why redo lineups? I can't renumber my players since I lost my membership two weeks ago in spite of paying. Pictures? Logo? OD matches this week?

Fat chance.

I feel emasculated by all of this and I don't know what I can do. Well, yes I do. I can do nothing but wait. By the way, Hattrick works fine now."

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Aww. I can just picture him pacing around at home, fretting to his cat:

"What is to be done? What is to be done, Cyril? I'm at my wits' end! There will be heck to pay for this; heck, I tell you!"

ash chaulk

International Captain
PY said:
This one is a favourite of mine. :baby:

"I'm at my wits end, this is a serious problem. I'm almost to the point of wishing they'd shut Battrick down like they did just after we started. I had a lot of plans for this week but now they're dashed. Why redo nets? Why redo lineups? I can't renumber my players since I lost my membership two weeks ago in spite of paying. Pictures? Logo? OD matches this week?

Fat chance.

I feel emasculated by all of this and I don't know what I can do. Well, yes I do. I can do nothing but wait. By the way, Hattrick works fine now."
i like it milkin the free membership

nibbs

International Captain
Code:
Group A 		Pts     NRR
Asterix XI	 	8	 3.591
Boggles			4	 0.705
Central Districts	4	-1.091
bobisback		0	-2.402

Group B			Pts     NRR
Dalmeny Cricket Club	8	 1.902
Lancashire	 	8	 1.610
Sad Decadent XI		0	-1.539
Pup			0	-2.217

Group C			Pts     NRR
Scaly Piscine		8	 3.511
Clapo's XI		4	-1.171
Jamees 999er's		4	-1.924
Got Spin		0	-0.582

Group D			Pts     NRR
College Dropouts	8	 2.220
Western Vikings		4	 0.650
Zebras			4	-1.025
Beard XI		0	-1.816
Code:
Group E			Pts     NRR
Dynamo Morpork		8	 1.112
VCC			4	 0.950
Viveash			4	-0.360
Xen Cobras		0	-1.878

Group F			Pts     NRR
Whenuapai CC		8	 1.623
Magical Ponies		8	1.154
Jaffna Jets		0	-0.696
Roar CC			0	-2.107

Group G			Pts     NRR
Anchormen		8	 0.699
AA for President 	8	 0.180
Drunk XI		0	 0.000*
Vindscreen Vipers	0	-0.443

Group H			Pts     NRR
Withington Wonderers	8	 3.510
Kipper XI		8	 3.040
Wrights Warriors CC	0	-3.380
Victoria Panthers	0	-3.170
*As for the two forfeits in Group G. As both the top sides were affected, this has worked out perfectly for them as neither team was effected in a beneficial or detrimental way with regards to NRR. Whoever wins the AA for President vs. Anchormen clash will top the group.

Just a general comment on things, I'm somewhat shocked the early exits of Got Spin, and Roar CC. Maybe I've just underestimated them, but I really thought that they would have had more to offer this competition. The likely exit of Boggles has also troubled me somewhat. The former champion will need to pull something out of the hat or hope that results go their way to progress.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting. Boggles could still survive though, just need bobisback to beat Smith's team, they're pretty much evenly matched. They could beat me anyway, seeing as I might have to rest Whitehorne and I'm in the middle of a losing streak.

Think I'm up against the loser of the Lancashire/Dalmeny clash in the next round.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
My tip is Worthington Wonderers v Whenuapai CC in the final btw, unless they meet before then.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
After the group stages, the Round of 16 will occur, as follows:
Winner Group A vs Runner-Up Group B (Match 1)
Winner Group B vs Runner-Up Group A (Match 2)
Winner Group C vs Runner-Up Group D (Match 3)
Winner Group D vs Runner-Up Group C (Match 4)
Winner Group E vs Runner-Up Group F (Match 5)
Winner Group F vs Runner-Up Group E (Match 6)
Winner Group G vs Runner-Up Group H (Match 7)
Winner Group H vs Runner-Up Group G (Match 8)

And then the draw will be randomised. ie; the winner of Match 1 could play the winner of any Match from 3 to 8 (to avoid teams playing against eachother twice before the final).

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Adamc said:
My tip is Worthington Wonderers v Whenuapai CC in the final btw, unless they meet before then.
Ooooh, a vote of confidence!

Still, there are some very good teams out there - Asterix in particular might have something to say about that. Hang on... *checks teams* ...that's you!

So, the mind games are starting already :ph34r:

Commander Vimes (Dynamo Morpork) might have something to say about it all, too, as would one or two others.

Promotion's my priority this season, so I may be resting players (Sandwith, John and Verma all have multiple nets), and that could be my downfall.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meh fish boy has worse ratings than me, *if* I get a gun all-rounder or whatever I'd have a chance because the relevant bowling and batting would go up two levels as they'd be replacing a weak bat/bowl with a stronger than anyone else bat/bowl which is a big upgrade.

PY

International Coach
Bobisback said:
Will us losers have a loser comp, similar to the winners?
Less focus of losing and more focus on beating Smith thanks very much. :p
Adamc said:
Interesting. Boggles could still survive though, just need bobisback to beat Smith's team, they're pretty much evenly matched. They could beat me anyway, seeing as I might have to rest Whitehorne and I'm in the middle of a losing streak.

Think I'm up against the loser of the Lancashire/Dalmeny clash in the next round.
You've got be joking, you could rest half your team and still beat me! I'd be slightly gutted to go out at this stage but Smith won that freak match fair and square so wouldn't be able to complain (in public anyway).

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Meh fish boy has worse ratings than me,
Fish boy?!

Scaly piscine said:
*if* I get a gun all-rounder or whatever I'd have a chance because the relevant bowling and batting would go up two levels as they'd be replacing a weak bat/bowl with a stronger than anyone else bat/bowl which is a big upgrade.
Scaly in "I'll spend £loads and my team might just get a bit better" shocker ;)

I did have you in mind when I wrote "one or two others", BTW.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
You've got be joking, you could rest half your team and still beat me!
Depends which half, I've got five players who do about 98% of the work. :sleep:

BTW Mahindinho, fish boy = Hakon (Samuel Vimes/Dynamo Morpork) on account of his Norwegian-ness.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Adamc said:
BTW Mahindinho, fish boy = Hakon (Samuel Vimes/Dynamo Morpork) on account of his Norwegian-ness.
Bloody hell, I didn't notice he was from Oslo. So...from where does the cricketing connection come, fish boy?