• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Four

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Dead Badger said:
Yep, I'll stand in if no-one else is available...

Edit: of course, you realise my team is still rubbish, right? :)
Not a problem ;)

My team's the Zebras, challenge me away (at my ground).

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Done. I've got a few other random challenges outstanding, so probably best to accept sharpish... (you can't rescind challenges, can you?)

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Jungle Jumbo said:
Zebras vs Beard XI - confirmed
Aces. Now, would sir prefer an England-style top-order collapse, followed by deceptive resistance until the inevitable defeat, or perhaps a Windies-style spectacular start followed by an equally spectacular self-destruct? My team has it all, you know.

Nah, I'll get some ringers in, it'll be ace.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dravdi, Altoz...anyone else who isn't in the cup. Want to have a little round robin of our own? Just for kicks? :)

well it lookd like threes has not accepted robertinho's challenge but if im right threes is in New Zealand so if he does not accept in the next hour and a half he may be able to play a New Zealand Friendly Tomorrow for Aussies.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Gundry, don't accept the friendly, it's too late. If you accept it, it'll be set for next week, and you'll screw everything up.

DON'T ACCEPT THE FRIENDLY

Bobisback

International Regular
Why did you post that AussieDominance? I think that Robertinho's was enough....

My game has started well, against Adams team, which is obviously full strength :p

Tommy Resha (977193)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, competent bowling form, changeable
A defensive player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Asterix XI
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 2,029
Wages: £367 p/w

He is a gun, too bad Watkins is bowling at the other end, i could have made 100.

End of Over 2: 13-0, runrate=6.50

Past 10. Thats all i wanted.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bobisback said:
Why did you post that AussieDominance? I think that Robertinho's was enough....

My game has started well, against Adams team, which is obviously full strength :p

Tommy Resha (977193)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, competent bowling form, changeable
A defensive player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Asterix XI
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 2,029
Wages: £367 p/w

He is a gun, too bad Watkins is bowling at the other end, i could have made 100.

End of Over 2: 13-0, runrate=6.50

Past 10. Thats all i wanted.
I hope you make it to 40 overs without losing a wicket, I want to see a team lose 10 wickets for 0 runs again.

Bobisback

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
I hope you make it to 40 overs without losing a wicket, I want to see a team lose 10 wickets for 0 runs again.
Asterix XI have picked Cuss, Ashton, Watkins, Malik, Whitehorne, Mackie, Boeta, Challis, Bell, Harewood, Resha.

Doubt that will happen.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Good start for me against Sad Decadent XI

12.3 . Causon to Thorp
Full toss outside off stump, Thorp gets over-excited and misses it.
12.2 4 Causon to Thorp
Thorp pivots and smashes it over the keeper's head for four. Very inventive, and very effective.
12.1 . Causon to Thorp
There was a lovely shape to that ball, which the batsman watchfully defended.

End of Over 12: 39-2, runrate=3.25
Thorn 1-0-2-0
Thorp* 1 (2 balls)
Abdul kadir 26 (42 balls)

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 12: 66-1, runrate=5.50
Whitehorne 1-0-1-0
Hocking* 33 (39 balls)
Hiller 0 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Gravey lbw b. Watkins 31 (FOW: 65/1)

Whitehorne is on :(

Gravey fell to Watkins, finally. Now its just a matter of time until Whitehorne cleans up the rest.