• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Four

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
bored so

Group A
Asterix XI vs bobisback-confirmed
Central Districts vs Boggles-confirmed

Group B
Dalmeny Cricket Club vs Sad Decadent XI-confirmed
Pup vs Lancashire-confirmed

Group C
Scaly Piscine CC vs Jamee 999ers-confirmed
Clapo's XI vs Got Spin-confirmed

Group D
College Dropouts vs Western Vikings-confirmed
Zebras vs Beard XI -confirmed

Group E
Dynamo Morpork vs Viveash -confirmed
Xen Cobras vs VCC -confirmed

Group F
Whenuapai CC vs Jaffna Jets -confirmed
Roar CC vs Magical Ponies - confirmed

Group G
Anchormen vs Drunk XI -challenged
Vindscreen Vipers vs AA for President! -confirmed

Group H
Withington Wonderers vs Victoria Panthers-confirmed
Wrights Warriors CC vs Kipper's XI-confirmed

Last edited:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
NZTailender said:
I'm far too late to join? :D
Not that you know me or owt, but since the cup is full d'you fancy a friendly this week? I started just a few weeks before you got your new team, so it should hopefully be relatively even (he said, preparing for egg on his face).

This is my team...

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dead Badger said:
Not that you know me or owt, but since the cup is full d'you fancy a friendly this week? I started just a few weeks before you got your new team, so it should hopefully be relatively even (he said, preparing for egg on his face).

This is my team...
Sorry mate but I got challenged by a random the other day and sicne everyone here is involved in the cup I accepted. How about the week after?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
Aw dammit. Was hoping for a forfeit, am not looking forward to facing Moodley on a dusty pitch.

Edit: And confirmed, by the way

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Sriram is away on Holidays.
T-rue.

He's away for 2 weeks as of last Saturday (28/10) so he'll forfeit this week and I doubt he'll have time to accept the week after. Best to try and find another team now if possible.

nooga99

U19 12th Man
Some thoughts on the games in my group on Sunday

DCC vs Sad Decadent XI
I think the bowling of the likes of Lovers,Unsworth, Causon etc will be to much for Thorp and the rest of the Decadent batting lineup. Should be a comfortably win to DCC.

Pup vs Lancashire
Not much to say here, the much more experienced Lancashire side should win easily over the very inexperienced Pup side.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cloete said:
T-rue.

He's away for 2 weeks as of last Saturday (28/10) so he'll forfeit this week and I doubt he'll have time to accept the week after. Best to try and find another team now if possible.

My timing sucks. Wish I hadn't had accepted that friendly.

Bobisback

International Regular
Im bored so ill give my words of Wisdom

Asterix XI vs bobisback

What a match, this one will be close folks, if you're on for the first 10 minutes, be sure to check out the match, if you're a few minutes later, check out the scorecard. If Whitehorne opens the bowling, we may see 6/0(1).

My tip -

Bobisback 5 a.o. (2.3)
Whithorne
9/0 (1.3)

Asterix XI 0/6 (0.1)

Central Districts vs Boggles

This will be the closest match of the group, although, i doubt Central Districts can do much against the superior Boggles squad.

My tip -

Central Districts - 192 a.o

Boggles - 1/195

Both matches look to be easy wins, all i hope for is to score more runs then Central Districts, when they play Asterix.

Last edited:

cricketboy29

International Regular
nooga99 said:
Some thoughts on the games in my group on Sunday

DCC vs Sad Decadent XI
I think the bowling of the likes of Lovers,Unsworth, Causon etc will be to much for Thorp and the rest of the Decadent batting lineup. Should be a comfortably win to DCC.

Pup vs Lancashire
Not much to say here, the much more experienced Lancashire side should win easily over the very inexperienced Pup side.
Both matches should be over pretty quickly. If I can put up a good fight, I'll be happy.

Dravid

International Captain
Em since there is a free spot, or so Hakon tells me, I shall put my self in. Team is Shivaji Park and username is Dravid.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Dravid said:
Em since there is a free spot, or so Hakon tells me, I shall put my self in. Team is Shivaji Park and username is Dravid.
Best get this done with. I've challenged you - play in the above fixture list where Sriram's team (Citizens Erased) is.

Assuming everyone else is OK with this?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Dravid, you already have a friendly arranged.

We either need a replacement sharpish or we go down to a group of three.