• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where should i improve

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
10. Shane Acton - 21 yo, BT Rating=26,024
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent
Should I still be training Acton too? I've stopped training him, but I'm thinking it may be worth training Acton rather than Tulley??

HeathDavisSpeed

4. Rob Wright - 26 yo, BT Rating=18,108
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.
A cautious player with strong leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: feeble
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful
Rob Wright is up for grabs! Starting price $zero!

The last of my original players is available. Not only does he come with decent batting and bowling, he's a decent captain to boot!

How great is that??

HeathDavisSpeed

Bobby Krause - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,375
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless
And now Krause is up for sale!

Sale! Sale! Sale! We've got batsmen, bowlers and all-rounders all at low, low prices! They just don't get any cheaper than this! Check these beauties out!

And whilst you're at it, check out the BIG SALE at WELLINGTON OVERSEAS TERMINAL! They've got BRAS, BRAS, BRAS! *W* *O* *W*! WHAT MORE CAN BE SAID OTHER THAN....

SHOUTING ABOUT IT!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Gordon Churms - 21 yo, BT Rating=76,034
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: wonderful Concentration: quality
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality
Fielding: proficient

Mayur Ghandi - 21 yo, BT Rating=23,123
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and competent experience.
Batting: superb Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Tom Hutchinson - 20 yo, BT Rating=22,422
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, woeful batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: quality Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent
Would still be training Hutchinson and Churms and maybe Ghandi a level or two higher once you finish flooding Noon. Your side never going to get anywhere if you keep stop training your decent players at fairly low levels.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Would still be training Hutchinson and Churms and maybe Ghandi a level or two higher once you finish flooding Noon. Your side never going to get anywhere if you keep stop training your decent players at fairly low levels.
What do you suggest?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What do you suggest?
Noon: 2 bowling, 1 stamina, 1 field, 0 keep
Eyre: 2 batting
Hurren 1 bowling
Churms: 1 batting, 1 bowling
Hutchinson: 1 bowling

Hutchinson I guess can wait till Noon is superb stamina. If you really want to keep Noon on 3 bowling nets.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Noon: 2 bowling, 1 stamina, 1 field, 0 keep
Eyre: 2 batting
Hurren 1 bowling
Churms: 1 batting, 1 bowling
Hutchinson: 1 bowling

Hutchinson I guess can wait till Noon is superb stamina. If you really want to keep Noon on 3 bowling nets.
Cheers mate, willl take it on board.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Need advice on who should be my 5th bowler in OD matches. My current attack is wonderful-remarkable-sensational-strong-competent.

Steven Brayley - 25 yo, BT Rating=4,086
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime fitness.
A destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
Batting: abysmal Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Brayley has performed okay in the past but it's obvious that he's the weak link. I plan on buying a better 5th bowler in the future (a strong or better) but until then, would any of these be better?

Robert Bennie - 23 yo, BT Rating=3,222
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Fielding: abysmal
Would go for Bennie. Crap destrutive bowlers generally go for 5 or so runs more then a crap defensive/cautious minded bowler. But if they are only bowling at the tail then go Brayley. Really depends who they bowl at and how effective your main four are in your OD league.

Bennie I think might also give you gunner spin bowling ratings.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bowl him on normal or defensive? Will try it tomorrow.
Hasar Obeysekera - 24 yo, BT Rating=7,678
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, feeble batting form, strong bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and feeble experience.
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble

When I play Obeysekera as 5th bowler (mainly when I rest both Jeithoon and Muralitharan). I play him on normal, as I don't notice a significant reduction in runs on defensive. But when he plays we are usually into teams tail when he bowls anyway. If he plays against a decent batting line up he usually goes for 60 to 70 regardless whether he is normal or defensive. But he might pick a flukey wicket on normal.

I would go normal, but it depends on how much faith you have in your main four bowlers.

Johnners

Would love a bit of input, advice, suggestions re: my bowling for next season. This season, my main attack has been Verhoeven, Meyer, Groves, Hamlin & Savage, with Bosnich playing only 1 game due to PFL issues (he's on 3 bowling nets). However, if I want to continue to compete, and possibly even have a shot at 2nd place next season, I really do need another good bowler.

Of the 6 bowlers below, Bosnich & Meyer are the only 2 I definitely won't be selling, whilst I'm prepared to sell any 2 of the other 4, in order to improve my attack as a whole. I've currently got 1.5m in the bank, so I'm hoping to add that onto what I get from the sale of 2 others to buy someone. Where I'm stuck is, which 2 bowlers should I sell. I originally was going to just sell Groves & Savage, but then I'm probably only going to get enough for a remarkable bowler. Would I be better off Selling one of Verhoeven/Hamlin with Groves or Savage, to get a bit more $$ and possibly go for a wonderful, or even Exceptional bowler?

Toby Verhoeven - 21 yo, BT Rating=28,485
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with superb leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality

Joe Hamlin - 19 yo, BT Rating=25,659
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: woeful Concentration: worthless
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb

Hamid Meyer - 23 yo, BT Rating=29,376
RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: proficient
Fielding: respectable

Lloyd Groves - 22 yo, BT Rating=10,886
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, mediocre batting form, competent bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful
Bowling: superb Consistency: competent

Seymour Bosnich - 17 yo, BT Rating=11,293
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A destructive player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Batting: mediocre Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Kevin Savage - 22 yo, BT Rating=11,078
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: proficient Consistency: proficient

Johnners

The teams that are currently 2nd & 3rd have a few sensationals (possibly even 1 exquisite) between them. As well as some wonderfuls & remarkables. The teams in 5th & 6th have a 3-4 quality/remarkables between them, but I guess with training some of them will be wonderful now.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Are you still training Verhoeven and if he is close to wonderful I would probably keep him and finish him at exceptional. If you have stopped training Verhoeven, but you have a few nets free I would sell Verhoeven and Groves and get a decent wonderful plus (preferably attacked minded) fast bowler you can train.

If you are training Verhoeven and his close to wonderful, and have no nets free. I would just sell Groves and Savage and get a decent quality bowler, or average remarkable bowler.

A lot really depends on where Verhoeven is. If you have stopped training I would upgrade on him and Groves.

Johnners

Yeah I've stopped training Verhoeven. If I can get at least 5.5 for him like Smith is with his Remarkable/Quality bowler, and around 2.3-2.5 for Groves I'll have just over 9m. Judging by the Market, that might almost snare me an exceptional, which would be ace.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Should've posted this here in the first place.

So, this is my current setup for nets:

Ed Mills, 20, 1 bowl
Jimmy Knowles, 19, 2 bowl, 1 field
Matthew Wilberforce, 18, 2 bat
Neale Gleeson, 20, 1 bowl, 1 field
Nicolas Dhindsa, 19, 2 bat

According to AtStumps, this will be current training at the end of each season.

Code:
[B]Name           Current (Age)       Season 10 (Age)       Season 11 (Age)[/B]
Mills          remark/qual (20)    wonder/remark (21)    except/except (22)
Knowles        wond/prof (19)      except/qual (20)      exquis/except (21)
Wilberforce    superb/prof (18)    remark/strong (19)    wonder/qual (20)
Gleeson        sens/qual (20)      exquis/except (21)    master/master (22)
Dhindsa        remark/prof (19)    wonder/strong (20)    sens/qual (21)
Now, Gleeson I'm happy with where he is and how he'll be at the end of that season.

However, if I add/change nets to the following (those underlined are the ones I'm seriously considering changing whilst those that aren't but with added nets are just a plausible 'what if?'):

Ed Mills, 20, 1 bowl, 1 field
Jimmy Knowles, 19, 2 bowl, 1 field, 1 WK
Matthew Wilberforce, 18, 2 bat, 1 field
Neale Gleeson, 20, 1 bowl, 1 field, 1 WK
Nicolas Dhindsa, 19, 2 bat, 1 field

Changes in their outcomes bolded and underlined in the code box.

Code:
[B]Name		Current (Age)	 Season 10 (Age)	Season 11 (Age)[/B]
Mills		remark/qual (20) wonder/[B][U]except[/U][/B] (21)	except/[B][U]master[/U][/B] (22)
Knowles		wond/prof (19)	 except/[B][U]remark[/U][/B] (20)	exquis/[B][U]master[/U][/B] (21)
Wilberforce	superb/prof (18) remark/[B][U]qual[/U][/B] (19)	wonder/[B][U]except[/U][/B] (20)
Gleeson		sens/qual (20)	 exquis/[B][U]exquis[/U][/B] (21)	master/[B][U]elite[/U][/B] (22)
Dhindsa		remark/prof (19) wonder/[B][U]qual[/U][/B] (20)	sens/[B][U]except[/U][/B] (21)

Of course, for this to happen, I would have to take two nets from somewhere. I was perhaps thinking of selling Dhindsa, tbh.

Ideas? Recommendations?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say forget about the WK nets and forget about double-netting their primaries. Just give them all a primary and fielding net or get more trainees. I'd only sell Dhindsa if you think you need to change the balance of the team, wouldn't sell just to free up nets as you don't currently have a more efficient use for them.

Edit: of course you could add a stamina net somewhere, unless they're all superb.

Last edited: