• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Class

well i definetly dont have that depth that's why my PFL's are so bad will be in the market for a few decent competent respectable batsmen for my div 5

nibbs

International Captain
hmm, marc, there is no way to be sure, but that is one theory i'm working with atm

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Fair enough - I'm just going to have to work on my bowling depth then, now that's a bit more tricky to address!

nooga99

U19 12th Man
I have this guy

11. Ian Pollock - 22 yo, BT Rating=4,987
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: competent Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

ash chaulk

International Captain
RE: Depth

I think for some teams having a larger squad will hurt financially with wages etc.. does anyone really know how much we are going to get a day for FC matches?.... As for my squad i have like 14 players one being a dud because i cannot fire him cos of squad size.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Regarding FC bowling orders, if I set three bowlers with priorities of 1, 1, 2, who will open the bowling if one is a spinner?

Also, how do i get a bowler to open the bowling, but still set his priority low, so that he doesn't come back for too many spells?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agent TBY said:
Regarding FC bowling orders, if I set three bowlers with priorities of 1, 1, 2, who will open the bowling if one is a spinner?

Also, how do i get a bowler to open the bowling, but still set his priority low, so that he doesn't come back for too many spells?
Bowlers can't have the same priority. If you don't want him to bowl much, just give him small spells, and give larger spells to the other bowlers.

Agent TBY

International Captain
andyc said:
Bowlers can't have the same priority. If you don't want him to bowl much, just give him small spells, and give larger spells to the other bowlers.
Yeah, I noticed that. Thanks.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Does anyone know if it is possible to give a player a low priority number (e.g. 7+), so that he will get the odd spell (like a part-time bowler)? Or are the numbers just an order?

andyc

chaminda_00 said:
Im trying that this game, will get back to JJ
Yeah, I've done the same in my game. I've got my five main bowlers at 1-5, and then my parttimer Drench set at 9 to see what happens.

andyc

Hmmmm.... okay....

So I had Drench (who's also my captain) set at 9. Canning gets replaced after taking 3/18 off 8, and Drench comes on first change. Not my respectable medium pacer (priority 3), prof spinner (priority 4) or strong spinner (priority 5), but my mediocre parttimer (priority 9).

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
My former captain Girubaharan came on 2nd change , he was listed at 6 though. In other words don't try it until they sort it out.