• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
All matches appear to have been organised for Sunday.

Just realised I didn't do the awards for last round, so I'll do them briefly:

Player of the Week
Sol Cuss (Asterix XI)
Hit 202* off 147 balls against Viveash, more than twice as many runs as the opposing team.:p Special mention to Saunders of Got Spin, who followed last week's double ton with an unbeaten 164, and Dillon of Scaly Piscine CC who took 4/20 and scored 85*.

Team of the Week
Vindscreen VIpers
Brought about the downfall of third-seeded Dalmeny Cricket Club, who had a significant ratings advantage even with their star bowler rested. Rahimuddin engineered a DCC collapse, removing four of the top five as the Vipers successfully defended their total of 217.

Best Effort
Victoria Panthers
Almost pulled off an upset win against fifth-seeded College Dropouts. Panthers' star bowler Clark Hook removed the Dropouts top five, including their highly-rated openers, restricting the hosts to a gettable 218. The Panthers' batsmen however failed to match this effort, eventually dismissed 47 runs short of the target.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
All matches appear to have been organised for Sunday.

Just realised I didn't do the awards for last round, so I'll do them briefly:

Player of the Week
Sol Cuss (Asterix XI)
Hit 202* off 147 balls against Viveash, more than twice as many runs as the opposing team.:p Special mention to Saunders of Got Spin, who followed last week's double ton with an unbeaten 164, and Dillon of Scaly Piscine CC who took 4/20 and scored 85*.

Team of the Week
Vindscreen VIpers
Brought about the downfall of third-seeded Dalmeny Cricket Club, who had a significant ratings advantage even with their star bowler rested. Rahimuddin engineered a DCC collapse, removing four of the top five as the Vipers successfully defended their total of 217.

Best Effort
Victoria Panthers
Almost pulled off an upset win against fifth-seeded College Dropouts. Panthers' star bowler Clark Hook removed the Dropouts top five, including their highly-rated openers, restricting the hosts to a gettable 218. The Panthers' batsmen however failed to match this effort, eventually dismissed 47 runs short of the target.
Wooooo.

Top stuff adam

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 4: 24-0, runrate=6.00, reqrunrate=4.57 (233-8)
Abel 2-0-12-0
Gravey* 8 (11 balls)
Hocking 16 (13 balls)

if those two stay in for a while, this match is mine, though, if i lose one, it may be close.

EDIT

Ouch.

End of Over 17: 121-0, runrate=7.12, reqrunrate=3.42 (233-8)
Sagren 4-0-37-0
Gravey* 60 (53 balls)
Hocking 57 (50 balls)
16.6 4 Sagren to Hocking
Over-pitched and dispatched for four!
16.5 1 Sagren to Gravey
Gravey just guides that down to thirdman for a single.Good cricket.
16.4 6 Sagren to Gravey
That's right out of the meat of the bat and out of the stadium. Six runs!

I think these two have other places to be.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Rob crising here:

End of Over 19: 110-2, runrate=5.79, reqrunrate=5.03 (265-10)
Rangana 5-0-32-0
Houlihan* 47 (47 balls)
Gray 48 (46 balls)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bobisback said:
End of Over 4: 24-0, runrate=6.00, reqrunrate=4.57 (233-8)
Abel 2-0-12-0
Gravey* 8 (11 balls)
Hocking 16 (13 balls)

if those two stay in for a while, this match is mine, though, if i lose one, it may be close.

EDIT

Ouch.

End of Over 17: 121-0, runrate=7.12, reqrunrate=3.42 (233-8)
Sagren 4-0-37-0
Gravey* 60 (53 balls)
Hocking 57 (50 balls)
16.6 4 Sagren to Hocking
Over-pitched and dispatched for four!
16.5 1 Sagren to Gravey
Gravey just guides that down to thirdman for a single.Good cricket.
16.4 6 Sagren to Gravey
That's right out of the meat of the bat and out of the stadium. Six runs!

I think these two have other places to be.

Congrats...you won without losing a wicket!

Bobisback

International Regular
NZTailender said:
Congrats...you won without losing a wicket!
wish i batted first ;)

Top Order: competent
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: feeble
Fielding: woeful

Best ratings ive ever had, with increases in batting, seam and spin since my last friendly.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
Looks like Rob crising here:

End of Over 19: 110-2, runrate=5.79, reqrunrate=5.03 (265-10)
Rangana 5-0-32-0
Houlihan* 47 (47 balls)
Gray 48 (46 balls)
Rob won our match with five overs to spare and Gray got a hundred. I think the match could have been closer with i played my spinner, but i was resting him for my next league match. Rating very close apart from the spin bowling, but Rob might have rested some guys:

Robertinho Select XI Jaffna Jets
Top Order: competent competent
Middle Order: mediocre mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal worthless
Seam Bowling: mediocre mediocre
Spin Bowling: respectable useless
Fielding: woeful woeful

Pretty good hit for my bowl and gives me something to think about with the batting line up as the guy coming 2nd (next game) in my league spinner is as good as Mills, maybe slightly better. So i might play two of my proficent batsmen at 3 and 4 and drop my captain (respectable) to 5.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Predictably crap start for my side against College Dropouts, for some reason one of my openers only averages just over 50 in friendlies, despite averaging 100+ in ODs. Anyway now 102-3 off 22, hopefully they'll regret not having good bowlers (Westhead) in the middle overs because Lisbie and Dillon will score rather quickly if they stay in...

ash chaulk

International Captain
cuss didnt deserve the player of the week no way!!! the umpires of the Viveash v Asterix match does very bad decisions

brenoevo

U19 12th Man
Werent far off ur prediction of u scoring 300 scaly.
End of Over 50: 298-9, runrate=5.96
Hamilton 10-0-71-2
Cahalane* 3 (2 balls)
Callery 24 (17 balls)

If my openers dont score many you should win comfortably.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
25.1 [B]W[/B] Pace to Jayasuriya 
   [COLOR="Red"] [B]That's gone! Jayasuriya chased a wide one, and the umpire raises his finger.[/B] [/COLOR]

End of Over 25: 141-0, runrate=5.64, reqrunrate=6.32 (298-9) 
Dillon 3-0-11-0 
Jayasuriya* 69 (67 balls) 
Kennedy 65 (84 balls)
Hurrah

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, think it's quite likely I'll lose this one. Cuss continuing his poor form, out for 1 (he'll have to make up for it with the ball :dry:). Don't think I'll be able to defend less than 250 with a depleted bowling lineup.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Adamc said:
Hmm, think it's quite likely I'll lose this one. Cuss continuing his poor form, out for 1 (he'll have to make up for it with the ball :dry:). Don't think I'll be able to defend less than 250 with a depleted bowling lineup.
And then Ashton smacks a six and Harris bowls four byes. This should be an intriguing fixture. :D