• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll be easier to arrange a cup next season because we now have the two extra weeks in the offseason. But even if we do have a cup I think a lot of teams will just use their reserve players as FC matches will play havoc with PFLs.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think the PFL hit of FC matches is getting way overstated. Obviously we'll have to see, but seriously, unless you're netting them heavy or they're scoring trillions of runs, I reckon they'll be fine.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I think for most players there will be no problem, but for allrounders or players being trained it will probably be difficult to maintain a high PFL. Even players with superb stamina won't be able to rise more than three full levels of PFL per week, and it's not really difficult to lose that many levels (given that a 10 over spell or a reasonably long innings already results in a one level drop). If you've got an allrounder getting two nets (I've got two) it's not hard to see them losing five levels per week unless they're held back.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I read this a couple days ago, which seems to make me think that fitness wont play a major role, but we'll see:
battrick said:
One final thing to mention just now, is that the effect of team fitness levels will be stepped down again. There will still be the options to take it easy or go for it, but they will play a much smaller part on team performance. Team morale will also be slightly revamped so that it is not as big a part in the reckoning, and more realistic in how it is gained and lost
It only mentions team fitness, but hopefully it also means that PFLs will also have less of an effect.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
According to the last irc session with Allan we'll be getting the new "advanced" match orders very soon to have a fiddle about with, and I'm pretty sure there's part timers and the like.

nibbs

International Captain
Robertinho said:
I'm surprised everyone doesn't have him on ignore...
rob, i've never actually considered this or actually realised such a feature existed. i might just make use of it

godspeed