Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Battrick Cup Part Three

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    OK, match officially Adam's. Herbert gets himself run out for 31 and Cable nicks through to leave me at 68 for 5. Well played.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Hmm there goes Herbert, shortly followed by Cable and that's morpork officially written off now...

(looking forward to playing MOREPORK in Scrabble some day)
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

16.1 W Malik to Marsden
    Attempted reverse sweep, but only succeeds in getting a top-edge to Ashton. Marsden is furious with himself for playing such an ill-advised shot.

Shot.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999
    16.1 W Malik to Marsden
    Attempted reverse sweep, but only succeeds in getting a top-edge to Ashton. Marsden is furious with himself for playing such an ill-advised shot.

Shot.
    Code:
    32.1 W Malik to Fear 
        Plum in front going for reverse sweep. What was Fear thinking? 
    No Steve Harmison this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Code:
    32.1 W Malik to Fear 
        Plum in front going for reverse sweep. What was Fear thinking? 
    No Steve Harmison this lot.
    No, they'd be gone on 0 in that case.

Definitely deserved win, though. Most of my guys except Virk and Fear (with ball) performed above expectation.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    You won?
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    You won?
    Heh I meant Adam deserved the result, but I said the opposite...

Banned
    so who looks like winning this tournament have not been following it closely!

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Semis will be

Whenuapai CC/AA for President! vs. Scaly Piscine
    Asterix XI vs. Citizens Erased

Scaly Piscine move into the semis of this competition for the second time, and I think are a good shot at making their first final. They have a pretty decent bowling lineup, and if they play at home this should be put to good use.

Whenuapai CC
    have reached the final on both occasions, losing the first to Boggles, before winning last season's against Asterix XI. TBH, I feel that Whenuapai are 3rd best side going around at CW, with Dynamo and Asterix the two that are better than us. I suspect we'll go a long way again this season. AA for President! are a side that are coming together nicely. Its just teams who were formed during season 1 of Battrick had a headstart and personally, I feel that one season in Battrick enables a team to get a fair way ahead of newbies. However, AA continue to close the gap..... Needless to say, Whoever wins this battle faces a tough semi final against Scaly

Citizens Erased scored a tense victory of Vindscreen Vipers to reach their first Cricketweb Battrick Cup (that doesn't have a very good ring to it tbh) semi final. They have played well to reach this point, but face an acid test against West Indian cup winners Asterix XI. They will need several factors to go their way if they are to make a match of this.

The all conquering Asterix XI has one spot in their trophy cabinet that needs filling. That is that of the CW Battrick Cup (hmm). After losing the final last season they'll be out for vengence. A side featuring the likes of Sol Cusas and Fitz Watkins will be very hard to stop no doubt.
    "Matt Damon"

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Don't be so modest nibbs - my side is well short of being a top side, as shown by the way my bowlers are being treated.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

I'm still catching up a bit myself as a second season side, I'm hoping the bowling will look relatively stronger next season when having depth is important - I've 7 proficient or better bowlers at the moment, I guess I should sell one on to Asterix for a small fortune...

Still have nearly 1.5 mil in the bank but will just milk interest as it's not enough to get a really good star bat (quality+).

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    Heh I meant Adam deserved the result, but I said the opposite...
    Pleasantly surprised with the win, wasn't expecting it after being bundled out earlier. Setting Watkins to attacking worked, he picked up the three early wickets that exposed the middle order for Malik, and I had a big stroke of luck with Herbert being run out. Good match tho, your bowlers certainly showed up my lack of batting depth (luckily one of my decent batsmen had a good day).

I think I'll make the final but will fall at the last hurdle, as I probably won't have spent my wad of cash by then. If, however, a superstar bowler is listed sometime soon..

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc
    I think I'll make the final but will fall at the last hurdle, as I probably won't have spent my wad of cash by then. If, however, a superstar bowler is listed sometime soon..
    adam... same here

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    I'm still catching up a bit myself as a second season side, I'm hoping the bowling will look relatively stronger next season when having depth is important - I've 7 proficient or better bowlers at the moment, I guess I should sell one on to Asterix for a small fortune....
    Haha, I've got three (though partly due to selling two recently). I've been meaning to get some proper squad depth but I'm always tempted just to keep buying better star players as depth isn't really necessary at the moment. I suppose it will be next year, but then I'm hoping/guessing that everyone is going to start off in the lower divs for FC which will mean that most of my FC matches will be easy ones anyway. If the FC leagues are the same as OD then I'm screwed.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information