• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scaly piscine said:
Absolute and completely ridiculous sloblock.
I think it's just one of those things we're you have to realise that cricket and Battrick are two different things. Instead of looking at it from a cricketing point of view (that you should be looking at 350+ with heaps of wickets left), look at it from a Battrick point of view (that Mutasa is a good bowler and he cleaned up in the last 10).

Bobisback

International Regular
andyc said:
Third century for the match :-O
Yep :) What makes it better is that we havent scored 300 yet.

Can we make that 4?

45.4 6 Islam to Hocking
He's got right underneath that one… high, high over the outfield and six!

Bobisback

International Regular
Actually he has hit 3 now, the other one was Maughan.

46.3 4 Keane to Poke
Nice shot, they'll get three here…oh terrible throw to Steadhart and they'll run an extra one.

"Worthless/Worthless that!" Says Poke

Bobisback

International Regular
47.4 W Islam to Poke
Keane is under it, he won't drop this one... Oooops, he juggles it, but he hangs on in the end! Keane lucked out there.
47.3 1 Islam to Hocking
Flat bat strike to square leg.
47.2 1 Islam to Poke
On the back foot, straight bat, stroked to long on, fielder running in from the boundary.
47.1 1 Islam to Hocking
Pitched outside off stump and nipping back, Hocking does well to play to the on side, single taken.

Does anyone else get the feeling Hocking wanted to remain Not out?

End of Over 48: 231-10, runrate=4.81
Islam 8-0-47-2
Hocking* 115 (127 balls)

Should be easy for you to chase.

Scaly piscine

andyc said:
I think it's just one of those things we're you have to realise that cricket and Battrick are two different things. Instead of looking at it from a cricketing point of view (that you should be looking at 350+ with heaps of wickets left), look at it from a Battrick point of view (that Mutasa is a good bowler and he cleaned up in the last 10).
Yea, cricket is fun and Battrick is a joke. 300 all out. You can be damn sure I'm gonna keep complaining about this sloblock on Battrick's sledging boards til I get a response from Allan.

Bobisback

International Regular
Scaly piscine said:
Yea, cricket is fun and Battrick is a joke. 300 all out. You can be damn sure I'm gonna keep complaining about this sloblock on Battrick's sledging boards til I get a response from Allan.
Wow, i had you on multiview, watching to see how high you would go, but 300 all out, thats insane, huge collapse.

PY

International Coach
Scaly piscine said:
That the word of the day? :laugh:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
After being 2-2 i think we posted a decent total 251(allout in 50 Overs) so it should be good to see if my bowlers can produce something..

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 1: 14-0, runrate=14.00, reqrunrate=4.45 (231-10)
Nkosi 1-0-14-0
Challinor* 13 (5 balls)
Magloire 1 (1 balls)

:(

Good start by my team

:(

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, good recovery. Kind of annoyed with that bowling effort after our start, but meh. Your bowling looks alright (med/med ratings), if Gray or Mcmillan go out cheaply it could make things interesting.

Scaly piscine

Bobisback said:
Actually he has hit 3 now, the other one was Maughan.

46.3 4 Keane to Poke
Nice shot, they'll get three here…oh terrible throw to Steadhart and they'll run an extra one.

"Worthless/Worthless that!" Says Poke
I get the impression worthless bats do better than similarly crap but bit better bats a lot of the time, certainly the guy I bought averages much more than my woeful-woeful (5.75 at 74 SR compared to 1.50 at 20 SR) averages slightly more than my feeble-woeful too.

Bobisback

International Regular
2.5 nb. Nkosi to Magloire
no ball, Surely that was a wide ball? Magloire can’t believe it hasn’t been signalled.

How can it be a wide no ball? Stupid Magloire

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Don't know how much response you'll get - the last he said about it in the last Q&A

Q&A said:
19:36 CasualSax Nightowlaus asks: Have you seen the recent results between Australia and England in the U19s and does such unusual collapses indicate a major problem?
19:37 BT-allanfc First of all, well done on being here!! It must be about 4am!!
19:37 Nightowlaus about that yes
19:38 BT-allanfc just having a look at the match now...
19:38 Earl_CG dedication is what you need...
19:38 Nightowlaus In summary, in the two games, Aust lost 7/19 and 7/14 when in commanding positions to lose both games
19:38 Earl_CG points out that's a British only reference...
19:38 CasualSax Its a brilliant 2:36 in the afternoon here ;D
19:38 BT-allanfc Nice collapse! Not at all would be my answer - I've watched England do that on many an occasion IRL
19:39 Nightowlaus once I could understand, but twice? And with batsmen at such skill levels
19:39 Earl_CG thinks the fact they were using rugs to hit the ball with could have been the problem ;o)
19:39 BT-allanfc I've no idea what individual orders were given to the bowlers or batsmen in the situations - they can have a large impact.
19:40 Nightowlaus Can I simply ask that you look into it in case there is a bug in there please?
19:40 BT-allanfc I guess the overall answer is that its not really a concern to me - collapses do happen, to all levels of players.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Robertinho said:
Yeah, good recovery. Kind of annoyed with that bowling effort after our start, but meh. Your bowling looks alright (med/med ratings), if Gray or Mcmillan go out cheaply it could make things interesting.
Mcmillan is gone, but Gray and Jones doing well.. should be interesting now..

Scaly piscine

superkingdave said:
Don't know how much response you'll get - the last he said about it in the last Q&A
Well if that's his attitude then he's getting no more money from me because he's clearly wrong - collapses as bad as that hardly ever happen in real life, general collapses are also way more frequent on Battrick than in real life. In real life losing your last 5 wickets for 30 is a collapse - in Battrick that would be the tail wagging.

And before someone like marc chimes in I'd say the same if it happened for my opponents. My spinner Dillon has a ridiculous average and he's only just hit proficient recently - he regularly gets wickets in the last 10.

Scaly piscine

Just for reference here's the collapses in my last games, most recent first:

9-29 (me) in 300ao
6-15 (opponents) in 180ao
8-24 (opponents) in 245ao
reasonable, 180ao
8-59 (opponents) in 196ao
bowled out for 125
reasonable, 183ao
7-47 (opponents) in 261ao
bowled out for 135