• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

nibbs

International Captain
currently under the pump from scaly. i'm very concerned that my sides great record in this competition is under threat. come on, lads...

End of Over 14: 102-0, runrate=7.29
Sweeney 2-0-14-0
Packer* 55 (40 balls)
Armstrong 45 (44 balls)

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 18: 100-2, runrate=5.56
Norris 4-0-22-0
Hiller* 24 (33 balls)
Hocking 46 (47 balls)

well, my team made the 100, thats more then what i could hope for, especially with what should be my 2 star batsmen out, and my 2 trainees in now.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bobisback said:
Liam Maughan (478605)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, changeable
A steady player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: bobisback
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 11,930
Wages: £712 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: proficient
Fielding: feeble

how much would he sell for?
My guess is anywhere from 150k+. Ready to play players (not much/any training needed) are going for quite a bit.

Bobisback

International Regular
andyc said:
My guess is anywhere from 150k+. Ready to play players (not much/any training needed) are going for quite a bit.
If you had have said 600k+ he would be on the market, though i think he will go good someday :(

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
alternative said:
I think you need to get your act together, as first no i am not gonna play (little girl) then now i will play.. make up your mind..

On the ground note, its your fault for not nominating on who's ground to play, i took the initiative, so LIVE with it..
Obviously I did make up my mind, seeing as I did accept the challenge... secondly, what exactly is my fault?

alternative said:
thats not the point.. as u tend to lose certain games and so on..

anyway Instead of talking rubbish he should hav either accepted or denied, simple as that..
I think you're missing something. Had I rejected the challenge without checking if Tharmi was available to fill in for me, there would've been no one to fill in, and consequently no game.. indeed, making sure, what rubbish.

Bobisback

International Regular
24.3 W Pushpakumara to Rose
Picked out Islam at mid on. He wanted to go for the boundary but completely mistimed it.

Well thats the last of my batters to help Hocking. Only abys and worthless to go.

Happy with Hocking's 50 :) Hopefully i can make 200.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Robertinho said:
I think you're missing something. Had I rejected the challenge without checking if Tharmi was available to fill in for me, there would've been no one to fill in, and consequently no game.. indeed, making sure, what rubbish.
Ok i accept all that but then wat about this statement then..

Robertinho said:
Meh, I'll play anyway. Don't know why you want it at your ground though, considering it's only got a 9100 capacity... Ahh f**k, and you're in England too, so it doesn't start until 10:30 BT time... ffs... get your act together
What are you trying to say there then.. It seriously can't be my fault now, can it??

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
After being 2/2, my team has made some sort of sort of grouping and are 112-2 after 26 Overs against Robertinho Select XI

Bobisback

International Regular
alternative said:
After being 2/2, my team has made some sort of sort of grouping and are 112-2 after 26 Overs against Robertinho Select XI
Yeah ive been watching your match on multiview, i thought it was going to be over by now with the start you had, but your guys held on, good luck :)

Bobisback

International Regular
superkingdave said:
Hocking deserves his ton
I agree, but Nkosi, his partner now, is on his highest score ever, including friendlies, and the next 2 in are worthless/worthless. So he has to play smart to get there, no more second ball singles!

EDIT

At least he listens

34.1 1 Abdul kadir to Hocking
Wide of off, steered down to third man, Magloire fielding.

EDIT2

I cant believe Nkosi is still in :wacko: Too bad Hocking seems to be only happy with singles.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Wake up and find my side scoring 7 an over against nibbs' lot... hmm. I hope Lisbie hangs around - I promoted him so Obrien couldn't slow the run rate as a big score was my main chance of winning.

Bobisback

International Regular
41.5 1 Abdul kadir to Hocking
Abdul kadir looks livid after that inside edge just misses the stumps.
41.4 1 Abdul kadir to Nkosi
Great fielding there stopped a certain boundary. He's one of the best fielders in that position.
41.3 1 Abdul kadir to Hocking
Nudges the ball to third man.
41.2 1 Abdul kadir to Nkosi
Steered to third man for a single.

stupid Hocking, though wow to Nkosi, Abysmal/Woeful and outscoring my destructive opener :p

Scaly piscine

Into the fun last 10... where suddenly after scoring 271-1 off the first 40 you barely manage 6-7 an over and lose a hatful of wickets...

Bobisback

International Regular
Bobisback said:
stupid Hocking, though wow to Nkosi, Abysmal/Woeful and outscoring my destructive opener :p
42.3 W Keane to Nkosi
I think everybody heard that nick to Steadhart. Nkosi didn't even wait around for the umpire to raise his finger.
42.2 1 Keane to Hocking
Advanced, cracking shot straight to Abdul kadir at long off.

yep, good single on the 2nd ball...though 24 by Nkosi was awesome!

Scaly piscine

Code:
43.3 [B]W[/B] Hamshaw to Walsh 
[B][COLOR="Red"]    Forward defensive, beats the bat, on the pads, huge appeal, the umpire is thinking hard on this one, and given! [/COLOR][/B]
43.2 1 Hamshaw to Lisbie 
    Well forward, played out to the deep mid wicket region. 
43.1 . Hamshaw to Lisbie 
    Lisbie ducks the bouncer from Hamshaw. He was wise to avoid a delivery which was of such venom that Wheat winced as he took it. 

End of Over 43: 282-6, runrate=6.56 
Mutasa 7-0-53-3 
Lisbie* 4 (4 balls) 
Walsh 1 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Callery Run Out 0 (FOW: 280/6) 

42.6 1 Mutasa to Lisbie 
    Pokes it away and there's a single to the total. 
42.5 1 Mutasa to Walsh 
    Runs it away fine for a quick single. 
42.4 [B]W[/B] Mutasa to Callery 
  [B]  [COLOR="Red"]Callery's bat has got stuck in the turf, and a direct hit from Fry at point catches him well short of his ground. [/COLOR] [/B]
42.3 [B]W [/B]Mutasa to Barton 
 [B]   [COLOR="red"]Wheat takes a splendid catch off Mutasa's bowling. Barton will be disappointed with his dismissal. [/COLOR][/B]
42.2 [B].[/B] Mutasa to Barton 
    Mutasa lets rip a crushing yorker to Barton, who only just manages to dig it out! Now that really was a Caribbean special.  
42.1 [B]W[/B] Mutasa to Obrien 
[B]    [COLOR="red"]Obrien hammers that one, but Duggan foils him and takes a great catch deep on the boundary. [/COLOR][/B]

End of Over 42: 280-3, runrate=6.67 
Hamshaw 9-0-47-1 
Obrien* 1 (1 balls) 
Lisbie 3 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Packer c. Duggan b. Hamshaw 120 (FOW: 279/3)

41.6 1 Hamshaw to Obrien 
    Nicely flicked around to the region of wide mid wicket. 
41.5 [B]W[/B] Hamshaw to Packer 
  [B]  [COLOR="red"]Duggan doesn't drop those. [/COLOR][/B]
41.4 1 Hamshaw to Lisbie 
    On the back foot, played out to the on. 
41.3 1 Hamshaw to Packer 
    Flat bat strike to square leg. 
41.2 . Hamshaw to Packer 
    Left alone by Packer. Good carry through to the keeper. 
41.1 1 Hamshaw to Lisbie 
    On the back foot, stroked into the covers, good running. 

End of Over 41: 276-2, runrate=6.73 
Mutasa 6-0-51-1 
Lisbie* 1 (1 balls) 
Packer 119 (127 balls)

Last Wicket: Dillon c. Lennon b. Mutasa 46 (FOW: 275/2)

40.6 1 Mutasa to Lisbie 
    Fry has a shy at the stumps but Lisbie is comfortably home for the single, his dab to mid off having just crept through the ring. Sound judgement from the men in the middle. 
40.5 [B]W[/B] Mutasa to Dillon 
 [B]   [COLOR="red"]The ball shapes away from Dillon and he ends up guiding it into the grateful hands of first slip. [/COLOR] [/B]
40.4 1 Mutasa to Packer 
    Glided to third man for a comfortable single. 
40.3 1 Mutasa to Dillon 
    Slower delivery, slogged to the off, extra cover fielding. 
40.2 1 Mutasa to Packer 
    Forward, played out to mid on for the single. 
40.1 1 Mutasa to Dillon 
    Played out to extra cover for a single. 

End of Over 40: 271-1, runrate=6.78 
Sweeney 10-0-58-0 
Dillon* 44 (38 balls) 
Packer 117 (125 balls)
Absolute and completely ridiculous sloblock.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
superkingdave said:
Hocking needs to get his last 4 soon, Islam is bound to clear up the tail when he comes on
43.6 W Abdul kadir to Wikus
c Steadhart b Abdul kadir - What a double team these two make!

i guess thats better then Wikus hitting a single :(

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Bobisback said:
43.6 W Abdul kadir to Wikus
c Steadhart b Abdul kadir - What a double team these two make!

i guess thats better then Wikus hitting a single :(
44.4 6 Keane to Hocking
That ball will come down with snow on it!
And that's a century for Hocking! Well played indeed Sir!

nice way to get there!

Bobisback

International Regular
superkingdave said:
44.4 6 Keane to Hocking
That ball will come down with snow on it!
And that's a century for Hocking! Well played indeed Sir!

nice way to get there!
Indeed :) Thats his 3rd for the match. Good innings, too bad i dont have bowlers to back it up.