• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

nibbs

International Captain
Semis will be

Whenuapai CC/AA for President! vs. Scaly Piscine
Asterix XI vs. Citizens Erased

Scaly Piscine move into the semis of this competition for the second time, and I think are a good shot at making their first final. They have a pretty decent bowling lineup, and if they play at home this should be put to good use.

Whenuapai CC
have reached the final on both occasions, losing the first to Boggles, before winning last season's against Asterix XI. TBH, I feel that Whenuapai are 3rd best side going around at CW, with Dynamo and Asterix the two that are better than us. I suspect we'll go a long way again this season. AA for President! are a side that are coming together nicely. Its just teams who were formed during season 1 of Battrick had a headstart and personally, I feel that one season in Battrick enables a team to get a fair way ahead of newbies. However, AA continue to close the gap..... Needless to say, Whoever wins this battle faces a tough semi final against Scaly

Citizens Erased scored a tense victory of Vindscreen Vipers to reach their first Cricketweb Battrick Cup (that doesn't have a very good ring to it tbh) semi final. They have played well to reach this point, but face an acid test against West Indian cup winners Asterix XI. They will need several factors to go their way if they are to make a match of this.

The all conquering Asterix XI has one spot in their trophy cabinet that needs filling. That is that of the CW Battrick Cup (hmm). After losing the final last season they'll be out for vengence. A side featuring the likes of Sol Cusas and Fitz Watkins will be very hard to stop no doubt.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't be so modest nibbs - my side is well short of being a top side, as shown by the way my bowlers are being treated.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm still catching up a bit myself as a second season side, I'm hoping the bowling will look relatively stronger next season when having depth is important - I've 7 proficient or better bowlers at the moment, I guess I should sell one on to Asterix for a small fortune...

Still have nearly 1.5 mil in the bank but will just milk interest as it's not enough to get a really good star bat (quality+).

Scaly piscine

27.6 W Verde to Duggan
Verde gets his hand to it and eventually takes the catch at the third attempt.

The old man and his dog head for the exits.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
Heh :D I meant Adam deserved the result, but I said the opposite...
Pleasantly surprised with the win, wasn't expecting it after being bundled out earlier. Setting Watkins to attacking worked, he picked up the three early wickets that exposed the middle order for Malik, and I had a big stroke of luck with Herbert being run out. Good match tho, your bowlers certainly showed up my lack of batting depth (luckily one of my decent batsmen had a good day).

I think I'll make the final but will fall at the last hurdle, as I probably won't have spent my wad of cash by then. If, however, a superstar bowler is listed sometime soon..

nibbs

International Captain
Adamc said:
I think I'll make the final but will fall at the last hurdle, as I probably won't have spent my wad of cash by then. If, however, a superstar bowler is listed sometime soon..
adam... same here

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
I'm still catching up a bit myself as a second season side, I'm hoping the bowling will look relatively stronger next season when having depth is important - I've 7 proficient or better bowlers at the moment, I guess I should sell one on to Asterix for a small fortune....
Haha, I've got three (though partly due to selling two recently). I've been meaning to get some proper squad depth but I'm always tempted just to keep buying better star players as depth isn't really necessary at the moment. I suppose it will be next year, but then I'm hoping/guessing that everyone is going to start off in the lower divs for FC which will mean that most of my FC matches will be easy ones anyway. If the FC leagues are the same as OD then I'm screwed.

nibbs

International Captain
slowly getting on top of marc it would seem. hard to say whether wheat's dismissal is a good or bad thing

End of Over 36: 214-2, runrate=5.94

Lepolesa 5-0-36-1
Waddell* 27 (22 balls)
Lennon 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Wheat b. Lepolesa 97 (FOW: 214/2)

Scaly piscine

Adamc said:
Haha, I've got three (though partly due to selling two recently). I've been meaning to get some proper squad depth but I'm always tempted just to keep buying better star players as depth isn't really necessary at the moment. I suppose it will be next year, but then I'm hoping/guessing that everyone is going to start off in the lower divs for FC which will mean that most of my FC matches will be easy ones anyway. If the FC leagues are the same as OD then I'm screwed.
Well obviously we'll have to wait and see, at my level a lot more teams are competitive and I figure having a range of different bowling types who're still good bowlers to start with is a real edge with all the pitch options. I also hope there's some decent orders to allow me to bowl guys like Lisbie part time.

nibbs

International Captain
after a mid innings stumble, we have set a score that i suspect marc won't be able to match.

End of Over 50: 305-6, runrate=6.10
Marrison 10-0-71-2
Lennon* 43 (36 balls)
Willetts 29 (25 balls)

Last Wicket: Cuss b. Marrison 1 (FOW: 248/6)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I would rate Scaly's team in the top 5 teams on CW, for sure.

1. Asterix XI
2. Whenuapai CC
3. Dalmeny Cricket Club
4. Scaly Piscine CC
5. College Dropouts
6. Dynamo Morpork

Just my unbiased take on things...

Agent TBY

International Captain
I would agree with that. I just got this far thanks to an easy draw and some luck along the way. For example, DCC would've annihilated me yesterday, but they just happened to be beaten by the Vipers.

I'm just happy considering the improvement in performance from last season's BT cup. :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
I would rate Scaly's team in the top 5 teams on CW, for sure.

1. Asterix XI
2. Whenuapai CC
3. Dalmeny Cricket Club
4. Scaly Piscine CC
5. College Dropouts
6. Dynamo Morpork

Just my unbiased take on things...
Morpork would be a little bit better than me if they had the same morale, team fitness etc.

Anyway as I've said before if and when I get an expensive gun bat the team will have a great balance and the load will be spread out so PFLs don't take a beating for some and stay at high sublime for others.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Cup Semis:

Whenuapai CC [1] v Scaly Piscine CC [4]
Asterix XI [2] v Citizens Erased [6]

Plate Semis:

bobisback v Lancashire
Alternative XI v Robertinho Select XI

I think that's right. I'll challenge you at your place Sriram, I'm due an away match.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Adamc said:
Cup Semis:

Whenuapai CC [1] v Scaly Piscine CC [4]
Asterix XI [2] v Citizens Erased [6]

Plate Semis:

bobisback v Lancashire
Alternative XI v Robertinho Select XI

I think that's right. I'll challenge you at your place Sriram, I'm due an away match.
That's good. The sooner the humiliation ends, the better. :p