• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick Cup Part Three

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
brenoevo said:
Werent far off ur prediction of u scoring 300 scaly.
End of Over 50: 298-9, runrate=5.96
Hamilton 10-0-71-2
Cahalane* 3 (2 balls)
Callery 24 (17 balls)

If my openers dont score many you should win comfortably.
So...

Kennedy c. Armstrong b. Cahalane 87
Jayasuriya c. Armstrong b. Pace 69

90 off the last 11 needed, or 8 wickets for me. Horne and Dillon usually clean up in the last 10.

Scaly piscine

Meh, Horne misses out on a five-fer, Scaly Piscine CC win by 53 runs.

College Dropouts ended up losing 9 for 42 after my lot lost 6 for 47.

Ratings were as expected:

Scaly Piscine CC College Dropouts
Top Order: superb quality
Middle Order: competent mediocre
Lower Order: woeful abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient proficient
Spin Bowling: strong respectable
Fielding: competent feeble

Horne ended up with MOTM with 4-38, as opposed to Dillon's 113 off 119 and 3-28.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Asterix 132-6 - thankfully Lewis doesn't get to face good batsmen, as Wynand appears to have hit the stamina wall and Monk can't score. Should get them out for 200 now. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think Wynand's hit a stamina wall, he's got competent stamina which is more than enough for OD matches. I've got batsmen down to no. 10 (no. 11 is feeble), only problem is most of them are only competent or respectable so they get destroyed by halfway decent bowling. Wasn't expecting two wonderful batsmen to get out for 1 and 27 respectively though. I would be confident defending 200 on this pitch if I had Louis, but without him none of my bowlers can really take wickets. :(

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Adamc said:
Don't think Wynand's hit a stamina wall, he's got competent stamina which is more than enough for OD matches.
I needed some kind of explanation for Lewis to make 4-1-8-0. Mind, he's getting slogged about royally now, ten off the last overs and you're 223-8. Luckily Harris is going to bowl to Nahal now.

Edit: And Louis couldn't have taken all ten, could he?

Edit 2: Maiden wicket over from Harris :)

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
I needed some kind of explanation for Lewis to make 4-1-8-0. Mind, he's getting slogged about royally now, ten off the last overs and you're 223-8. Luckily Harris is going to bowl to Nahal now.

Edit: And Louis couldn't have taken all ten, could he?
He's come close, took the first eight wickets against 3wide before someone else stole the last two. :p I set Watkins to attacking bowling today (instead of v. def which I usually set him to), maybe he'll pick up a few. 231 isn't enough though, considering who my other opening bowler is.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
OK, match officially Adam's. Herbert gets himself run out for 31 and Cable nicks through to leave me at 68 for 5. Well played.

Scaly piscine

Hmm there goes Herbert, shortly followed by Cable and that's morpork officially written off now...

(looking forward to playing MOREPORK in Scrabble some day)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
16.1 W Malik to Marsden
Attempted reverse sweep, but only succeeds in getting a top-edge to Ashton. Marsden is furious with himself for playing such an ill-advised shot.

Shot.

Scaly piscine

Jamee999 said:
16.1 W Malik to Marsden
Attempted reverse sweep, but only succeeds in getting a top-edge to Ashton. Marsden is furious with himself for playing such an ill-advised shot.

Shot.
Code:
32.1 [B]W[/B] Malik to Fear 
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Plum in front going for reverse sweep. What was Fear thinking? [/COLOR][/B]
No Steve Harmison this lot.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
Code:
32.1 [B]W[/B] Malik to Fear 
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Plum in front going for reverse sweep. What was Fear thinking? [/COLOR][/B]
No Steve Harmison this lot.
No, they'd be gone on 0 in that case. :p

Definitely deserved win, though. Most of my guys except Virk and Fear (with ball) performed above expectation.