• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** CW-Battrick awards

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nibbs said:
tbh, if I could have Gray and Armstrong on my team, I'd prefer Gray
Armstrong is about 1 1/2 batting levels behind Gray, 5 concentration levels better, better keeping and better keeping secondaries. Armstrong is better if you look at it objectively.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
surprised to see Graham in the team...he is a gun !

Bowling O M R W Ave SR Econ Best 5wi
Season 138 13 550 55 10.00 15.05 3.99 7-22 3
Career 324 32 1299 100 12.99 19.44 4.01 7-22 4

not bad is it!

Osman isnt doing to bad either!

Batting M I R n.o. Ave SR HS C st 50s 100s
Season 17 16 911 5 82.82 94.01 168 8 0 6 2
Career 69 68 3955 15 74.62 88.12 168 15 0 29 9

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Armstrong is about 1 1/2 batting levels behind Gray, 5 concentration levels better, better keeping and better keeping secondaries. Armstrong is better if you look at it objectively.
Hey? Gray has superb batting, 3-4 weeks from quality, and proficient keeping - and, if I read your post right, Armstrong has proficient batting, 1 week from strong, and respectable keeping, 3-4 weeks from proficient.

If I look at it objectively? Are you suggesting the only reason that I'm selecting a player who is 2 levels ahead in batting, 1 level in stamina and keeping (at the moment, granted, but that's 3-4 weeks till he pops you say) is because I'm biased?

Yes, I do take into account Armstrong's incredible secondaries - but I don't think they make up for his being around 1/2 a level behind in keeping and 2 levels behind in batting. There was an Australian BT study where mounds and mounds of actual data supported the theory that secondaries contribute very little to keeping performance. That is why I don't think he is that far superior a keeper (though it is obvious he is ahead of Gray, I don't believe it's that great a gap, especially when you consider that Gray is ahead in keeping ability, of all things). And whilst I rate secondaries quite highly, I don't think Armstrong is as good a batsman.

Scaly piscine

batting is maybe 2-3 weeks from Quality... (10 weeks with 1 net for a 19yo).
If you think that then he's obviously not 2 levels better. My guy is already overdue for a batting pop and will almost certainly pop next week. So he's basically 8.95...ish batting. Whereas your guy is about 10.5 in batting... 1 and half levels difference.

I forgot to mention my guy is highish proficient keeping now not respectable.

1. David Armstrong - 19 yo, BT Rating=67,111
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: proficient Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: proficient
Fielding: mediocre

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
If you think that then he's obviously not 2 levels better. My guy is already overdue for a batting pop and will almost certainly pop next week. So he's basically 8.95...ish batting. Whereas your guy is about 10.5 in batting... 1 and half levels difference.

I forgot to mention my guy is highish proficient keeping now not respectable.

1. David Armstrong - 19 yo, BT Rating=67,111
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: proficient Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: proficient
Fielding: mediocre
If it's 13-14 weeks with 1 net, and Gray has had 10 weeks of 1 net, how is he 10.5? 10 + 10/13.5 comes closer to 10.75 for mine. And fair enough on the keeping call, like I said, Armstrong is the better keeper (and by a bit more than previously thought).

I wouldn't mind either, but my main point was that it's not so clear-cut a match up that the only thing compelling me to choose Gray is bias.

Scaly piscine

Oh right "10 weeks with 1 net for a 19yo" is supposed to mean "he's had 10 weeks with 1 net as a 19yo". In that case I'd have the batting about equal, but Armstrong is comfortably a better keeper and the stamina difference is small and doesn't effect anything at number 6 anyway.

can i chuck my guy in for the future1. Kris Coates (792526)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Pup
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 8,506 (+550)
Wages: £585 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: abysmal

Bobisback

International Regular
Daren Sturgess - 21 yo, BT Rating=323
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, worthless batting form, worthless bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: abysmal

My gun bowler, played in the 3rd round of the cup and took both my wickets, one from a run out and one through his own bowling.

Think he can make the team one day?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Oh right "10 weeks with 1 net for a 19yo" is supposed to mean "he's had 10 weeks with 1 net as a 19yo".
Oh right, it was obviously my fault then. Your pride, Scaly, is a bitter thing to swallow, but you're all the better for it...

In that case I'd have the batting about equal, but Armstrong is comfortably a better keeper and the stamina difference is small and doesn't effect anything at number 6 anyway.
I really don't mind who you'd rather in the team, it's just never realised you cared so much about my thoughts on the composition of the team. You think Armstrong is better? That's lovely, but other people judge players using different criteria, and there is no way you can conclusively say that "Armstrong is better than Gray" or "Gray is better than Armstrong" (or "more suited to this team" or whatever you will).

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
Oh right, it was obviously my fault then.
That's right.

Robertinho said:
I really don't mind who you'd rather in the team, it's just never realised you cared so much about my thoughts on the composition of the team. You think Armstrong is better? That's lovely, but other people judge players using different criteria, and there is no way you can conclusively say that "Armstrong is better than Gray" or "Gray is better than Armstrong" (or "more suited to this team" or whatever you will).
I don't care, I'm just stating facts from the way I see it. They're both relatively crap compared to the rest of the team anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What's wrong with him is that he's rubbish and training him won't make him anywhere near the current options.

I have a far better keeper than him that I'm training at the moment, but wouldn't put him in because he's got no chance of coming close to those 2.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Except there'll always be players better than him even in the future, regardless of how "decent" he is.