• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** CW-Battrick awards

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hard to sneak in as an allrounder. The only bowler he could outst (considering Louis, Lovegrove and Moodley are all remarkable, and Tuck should be near Quality with good secondaries) is Watkins, but Watkins has far superior secondaries. He's close though.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Oi.

Fitz Watkins - 20 yo, BT Rating=84,788
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: remarkable Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: superb Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: proficient

Not gonna happen. ;)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Assuming Armstrong hasn't been trained since this post, I think Gray can now slip into the w/k spot:

Marvin Gray - 19 yo, BT Rating=25,714
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

1. David Armstrong - 19 yo, BT Rating=51,390
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: proficient Concentration: sensational
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: proficient
Fielding: mediocre

Should pop in keeping in the next 2-3 weeks and is now getting 2 batting nets - so by the end of the season they should be strong keeping and strong batting.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
They? THEY?! For God's sake, Scaly, show the man some respect.

Gray is only getting 1 batting & 1 keeping at the moment. Secondaries don't add much to keeping (they, along with fielding, do combine with wicket keeping to give an overall wk ability, but as an Australian BT study found, have virtually no affect on their performance) so I'd probably take Gray. But if Armstrong gets to strong keeping & strong batting like you say, Gray would be pushing it to be, at best, Quality batting (prof keeping will come soon enough). Doubt it though.

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
They? THEY?! For God's sake, Scaly, show the man some respect.

Gray is only getting 1 batting & 1 keeping at the moment. Secondaries don't add much to keeping (they, along with fielding, do combine with wicket keeping to give an overall wk ability, but as an Australian BT study found, have virtually no affect on their performance) so I'd probably take Gray. But if Armstrong gets to strong keeping & strong batting like you say, Gray would be pushing it to be, at best, Quality batting (prof keeping will come soon enough). Doubt it though.
Well they are Australian...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Hard to sneak in as an allrounder. The only bowler he could outst (considering Louis, Lovegrove and Moodley are all remarkable, and Tuck should be near Quality with good secondaries) is Watkins, but Watkins has far superior secondaries. He's close though.
Funny you should mention that.

Dwight Tuck - 21 yo, BT Rating=31,310
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, lively
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: quality Consistency: remarkable

:wub:

Scaly piscine

Samuel_Vimes said:
Training fitness on him as of last week. :p
Thought you might have been with them being lively PFL. It's a bit of a catch-22 with the stamina, since training it knocks about a level off the PFL each week. This is where being a boring upper-mid table side for me means I can switch to 4-5 stamina nets a week towards the end of the season and safely train stamina whilst the PFL doesn't matter (or will recover on the off-season).

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bardle this season: 25-3-97-11

Average of 8.82, SR of 13.64, Econ of 3.88

Career average is now 15.56.

Cloete

International Captain
Moodley's career average is 6.87 these days.

I don't really play him much though. He and Hitish hardly ever play for me. They'll play the last game of the season to keep me in this division though.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Gareth Bardle - 18 yo, BT Rating=26,336
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A cautious player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: quality Consistency: proficient
Fielding: strong

Is there a spot?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
1. David Armstrong - 19 yo, BT Rating=51,390
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
A cautious player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: proficient Concentration: sensational
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: proficient
Marvin Gray - 19 yo, BT Rating=34,709
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: superb Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

How has he come since this post? Gray is shaping up nicely... finally he can be considered a decent keeper, batting is maybe 2-3 weeks from Quality... (10 weeks with 1 net for a 19yo). Also training his stamina, but probably a month until he gets to Prof.

Scaly piscine

Batting takes 13-14 weeks at 19yo with 1 net. Armstrong is the same but with exquisite concentration. He should pop in batting next week and in w/keeping in 3/4 weeks (at which point his concentration will probably pop again). He's two weeks from a stamina pop but I'm not training that at the moment.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's a possible team:

1. Fitz Watkins - wonderful bat
2. Jason Duggan - remarkable bat
3. Sol Cuss - wonderful bat
4. Satish Abdul kadir - quality bat
5. Grady Mccammon - wonderful bat
6. Marvin Gray - superb bat, proficient keeping
7. Dean Whitehorne - superb bat, sensational bowl
8. Swagat Moodley - wonderful bowl
9. Tel Lee - exceptional bowl
10. Junior Graham - remarkable bowl
11. Jason Lovegrove - exceptional bowl

I included Tel Lee just for the sake of it, incase nibbs gets him. The batting looks a little light, but Gray will soon be Quality and I couldn't think of any other remarkable+'s around here for Abdul kadir's spot? One hell of a bowling lineup, four NT/U19ers... Also, decided to not opt for having Watkins sending down his Superb twirlers, when we can have a much better bowling attack (and, like I've said, I couldn't think of any other batsmen around here who are remarkable+)