• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BatTrick Cup Part Deux - Signup, Draw, Results and Banter

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
Yep. I keep track of each team's Runs For, Balls For, Runs Against and Balls Against. Work out the team's overall run rate for, then subtract the team's overall run rate against. When a team is all out, that is counted as 300 balls. The only case when a team has less than 300 balls for an innings is when they chase down a target.
When the team is all out it should count as 300 balls for them but only the number they faced for the opposition.

Because I had a quick check of my NRR and it looked wrong, far too high.

PY

International Coach
Round 3 Fixtures (19/03/2006):

Group I
The Conquerors v Got Spin
Magical Ponies v AA For President - Confirmed
Asterix XI v Citizens Erased

Group II
Boggles v Sad Decadent XI - Challenge made.
Jamee 999ers v Boulevard Bombers
Viveash v Robertinho Select XI - Challenge made.

Group III
Lancashire v Victoria Panthers - Challenge made.
Whenuapai CC v Bushpigs
Scaly Piscine CC v Drunk XI

Group IV
VCC v Kipper XI
Hoy’s Holy XI v Vindscreen Vipers
College Dropouts v Central District

Sad Decadent XI have been challenged. :)

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
When the team is all out it should count as 300 balls for them but only the number they faced for the opposition.

Because I had a quick check of my NRR and it looked wrong, far too high.
Ah, right, understood. Good.. god.. :laugh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robertinho said:
Would anyone be an absolute champ and find the total balls against for each team? :D
You should include the for and against when you do the tables, for instance

Code:
         M  P    For    Against    NRR   
Team X   2  8   476/70   246/100   +4.34
And no I'm not going to be an absolute champ...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I do...

I have

FOR - (Runs) - (Balls)
AGAINST - (Runs) - (Balls)

But I've attributed 300 balls to the "Against" column for every time a team has bowled another team out.

EDIT - sorry, I get what you mean.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
PY said:
Round 3 Fixtures (19/03/2006):
Group IV
VCC v Kipper XI
Hoy’s Holy XI v Vindscreen Vipers
College Dropouts v Central District
Just went to challenge the Vipers and apparently they are playing Kipper XI in a friendly match this sunday (19th) :blink: :unsure:

PY

International Coach
Alex will have to confirm what's going on but that is the game which didn't get played this weekend.

Do friendlies that don't get accepted get passed on to the next week and cameeel has accepted it for this week?

If so, that's just made my life a lot harder. :dry: